Irish Linen Wraps

barrymore

Registered
Hi,

Who can I buy the best Irish Linen Wrap from. I just got a spool from Atlas but it does not seem to be as good as the last batch! Thanks for any help. Where is Cortland when you need them.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For current and a bit back in time--Blue Mountain has been Good stuff

Otherwise,if you are trying to compart it to 1950's to 1980's Fishing Linen Line--such as 50's Cuttyhunk,

To find that feel u have to contact Pechauer or put a wanted posting on AZ- for the old stuff--but the real stuff,

Its not cheap though--

you get what u pay for!

Respectfully

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to replace the original Blue Mountain on an old cue - it was so nice and smooth. I don't have a pile of cues to compare to, but I wanted it like a Schon - about that amount of smooth.
I ordered a small spool of Atlas' current Blue Mountain, and a spool of their Hurlbert. After reading about how the new Blue Mountain just wasn't the same anymore, I had the cue wrapped with Hurlbert (double-pressed).
I don't know what Schon uses, but I wanted that same feel. I ended up wishing I'd wrapped with the BM, because the Hurlbert has just a little too much texture. Not much difference, but noticeable.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When comparing linens that are available today. I like Hulberts. The only problem with that is, the selection is very limited. They just don't have the resources they use to in acquiring it.