2015 One Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those who rarely venture to the one pocket forum, Steve booth (NHSteve) once again produced the annual One-Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner.

There were no inductees into the One Pocket or Bank Pool Hall of Fame. Instead the dinner was a memorial tribute to our forum friend , the late Freddy "the Beard" Bentivegna. His daughter, Cat, was in attendance. We had a raffle for a cue, which had signatures of all of the Hall of Famers. Ike Runnels bought three tickets, and ended up giving the tickets away. We convinced him (not much convincing) that the raffle tickets should go to Cat. And, as fate should have it, Cat wins the cue off of Ike's ticket. That's the way things should go. Cat later told me some fantastic tidbits of growing up with all these back room players that we as action junkies view as legends. Great stuff.

To top it off, Steve Booth had a special surprise award: 2015 Lifetime in Action Award. And the surprise award went to none other than the founder, Greg Sullivan. Greg was caught totally off guard and was in tears. Flowing, buggery tears. Yeah... a moment to forever remember.

Congratulations Greg, my friend. Congratulations Cat. And farewell Freddy.

Freddie <~~~ the lesser

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those who rarely venture to the one pocket forum, Steve booth (NHSteve) once again produced the annual One-Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner.

There were no inductees into the One Pocket or Bank Pool Hall of Fame. Instead the dinner was a memorial tribute to our forum friend , the late Freddy "the Beard" Bentivegna. His daughter, Cat, was in attendance. We had a raffle for a cue, which had signatures of all of the Hall of Famers. Ike Runnels bought three tickets, and ended up giving the tickets away. We convinced him (not much convincing) that the raffle tickets should go to Cat. And, as fate should have it, Cat wins the cue off of Ike's ticket. That's the way things should go. Cat later told me some fantastic tidbits of growing up with all these back room players that we as action junkies view as legends. Great stuff.

To top it off, Steve Booth had a special surprise award: 2015 Lifetime in Action Award. And the surprise award went to none other than the founder, Greg Sullivan. Greg was caught totally off guard and was in tears. Flowing, buggery tears. Yeah... a moment to forever remember.

Freddie <~~~ the lesser

thanks for posting this.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brought tears to more eyes than just Greg's, Fred! You can count on a few fingers the people who have done as much for pool as Greg Sullivan. He took a bunch of us on a tour of the Diamond factory yesterday afternoon. That was cool. Lots of fond memories of Freddy the Beard. That was, however, the shortest HOF banquet in history, lasting only about 45 minutes. Without Freddy to keep everybody in stitches, there wasn't much else to say. Nice to see Squirrel get up and say a few words with Scott Frost. :D

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Freddie <~~~ the lesser

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks for the update
congrats to greg
and
R.I.P. FREDDY
we all miss you

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you Freddy! Yeah, it worked out amazingly well with the special Greg Sullivan award, being truly a surprise. It helped that Marshall 'Squirrel' Carpenter was in the house so as Greg's suspicions mounted prior to the dinner there was a plausible alternate to confuse the question. The reason we had to do this as a surprise is that Greg never would have gone along with it if he knew ahead of time -- this has been in the works for several years, and it seemed like this was the year to do it.

The dinner ran from 6 until just before 8 -- we do usually linger longer, but we could not this time due to the Banks semifinals and finals which kicked off at 8, and all three of the remaining Banks finalists at our dinner (Reyes, Brumback and eventual winner Daulton).

Because I had to spend so much time at the podium myself, I did not take a single photo, so I will be waiting for pics from the photographers who came before I will be able to post any. I would like to thank JP Parmenter and Ricky Bryant for taking photos, and Ray 'Big Truck' for filming again.