Accu-Stats On Your Ipod?

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
Hey Azer's,
Well Today I bought and Ipod. This is actually my first Digital Music Device.
It's and Ipod Classic, Music, Video's, Etc... Well anyway, I'd Like to know if anyone has been able to do this? Would it be possable to Download the DVD to your PC, Then Transfer the Media to the iPod? Could I get stuff from Youtube, Transfer it to my iPod? Any Help?
Yes I'm an Idiot,
Vinnie

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
I use a program called tubesucker to copy clips off of youtube and save them to my hard drive to burn to cd you have to rip the video into a format that your phone uses.

demonrho

Registered Amuser
Silver Member
Methodman201 said:
..Ipod Classic...possable to Download the DVD to your PC, Then Transfer the Media to the iPod? ...Vinnie

Yeah, it's possible. Local pool legend, Danny Shades, here in the City of Angeles watches Accustats on his Ipod while he takes the long daily bus ride down to the poolroom. (If he's lucky, he catches a cab on the way back;-)

s0lidz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can use one of many ripping programs to convert your dvd's to ipod format. I use Magic DVD Ripper. It works great. You just pop your dvd in, select the "ipod" option on the conversion tab. Click start. You will end up with a single, ipod friendly file that you sync to your ipod the same way you do your music.

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought an application recently called PQ DVD for iPod, specifically for converting DVDs to my iPod :). I got John Schmidt's DVD and also Kid Delicious' DVDs on there. Watch 'em on the train.

Also go to videos.google.com, and do a search for videos on Google only, because those allow you to download to your PC. I got the great Souquet / Reyes straight pool match where Souquet wins at a score of something like 150 - 28. That match itself is as worthy as a 10-volume instructional video.

I want to make the videos at my site PoolVids.com available for download, but I can't seem to configure that feature to work properly.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Yep, as many others have mentioned, it is great to have these videos available for your Ipod. I keep several on my Iphone, Joe V's instructional videos, a couple of Accustats matches and a few other. Only problem with the Iphone, I cannot hold very many videos due to the relatively small hard drive.

Word to the wise, watching the videos will drain the battery rather quickly too, just be aware of that if you are no already.

Peace, Mojoe

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Methodman201 said:
Hey Azer's,
Well Today I bought and Ipod. This is actually my first Digital Music Device.
It's and Ipod Classic, Music, Video's, Etc... Well anyway, I'd Like to know if anyone has been able to do this? Would it be possable to Download the DVD to your PC, Then Transfer the Media to the iPod? Could I get stuff from Youtube, Transfer it to my iPod? Any Help?
Yes I'm an Idiot,
Vinnie

I use both videora which is a free program and clone dvd mobile which works a heckuva lot quicker. I've got a 45 minute train commute and watch a lot of pool vids on the train.

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
MOJOE said:

Word to the wise, watching the videos will drain the battery rather quickly too, just be aware of that if you are no already.

Peace, Mojoe
Actually I thought about that, I bought The USB wall converter aswell. Kinda thought I was getting ahead of myself, Guess I did good on that one.
I charge All My Phones and Gear at the Pool Room and The owner Is Really Cool with it.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
poolplayer2093 said:
can you feel it? i'm about to enter a whole new realm of fuc@ing off at work.

Been there for a long time.:D
You should see all the pool dvds, software, etc I have at work.
Sometimes, I even feel a little guilty about it. But that feeling passes.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bump. is someone out there board enough to shoot me some idiot proof instructions to put their dvds onto their ipod?