6 reds on a 9 foot table

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
Hi Ralph,

I used to do the same with 2 1/4" snooker balls on my gold crown before putting in my 12' snooker table. I started with 15 reds and it does become quite congested, especially with full size balls! I did however manage to ALMOST make a maximum break once, choked and missed the brown all due to pressure! I had to really carefully chip away at the reds, never breaking more than 2-3 out at a time and I only managed it once in a few months of trying. However, like all good amatuers, I choked!

After that crushing error, I stopped with 15 reds and went to 10 reds which seemed a good number on the 9' table and I did manage numerous clearances with 100 plus breaks with those 5 reds gone. 15 reds is just too many on the 9' table.

It was good fun and in general for practicing the snooker game approach but really pocketing is so much simpler on the pool table that it wasn't really good actual 'snooker practice'. That being said, it is still a fun game so play away!

Here's a video I have of my snooker playing on a pool table, starts poorly and ends with a 9 red 94pt clearance...

https://youtu.be/yeTG_EQNa2I

seems so funny to watch it after playing on the 12' table for a few months now. Have fun and keep playing snooker!