Weekly tournaments in the Charlotte North Carolina area?

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back around 2000 before I was forced to quit playing do to help there was either a league or weekly tournament most every night of the week around Charlotte.

I'm getting ready to start playing a bit and I am nowhere near action . With anyone know if there are any events within an hour of Charlotte? Thanks.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Court Square Billiards in Mocksville has a pretty good one on Sat night's about 7 pm.. (usually 35 to 60 players.. pulls in from multiple cities ); It has a 10 ball Break and Run ($2 ticket) drawing that is usually around $600 per ball- has been up to $1000 per ball. This Saturday 12/28/2013 there is an Annual Year End tournament that is actually a FREE Entry event (payouts range upwards > $1000) not counting the Calcutta. Should be a pretty good success this year.

Since Moorseville's '150 an out ' is now 'out of business', someone in their APA leagues mentioned that after the 1st of the year Victory Lanes Bowling Alley in Moorseville (off of exit 36 on Hwy 77) is going to update their tables, rails and balls etc and start-up a 10 ball tournament on Thursday nights. Keep your eye's on this one, it should pull in some talent as most are now looking for a place with good equipment and good food service as well.

Randy