Aramith...

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought a table a few months ago, and didn't realize there were so many choices to make. (Should've found this site and done a lot of reading 1st) The table came with a set of what I figured out very quickly a cheap-o set of pool balls. I bought a set of aramith balls on craigslist that are a huge improvement. I guess I can't help myself and found a set of aramith "TV pro series" balls (craigslist again). I'm guessing from an ebay search they are "tournament" balls? My biggest question is how can I tell if some goober didn't just take a cheaper set and put them in the box. There's an obvious quality difference between the set my table came with and the aramiths I bought used for $50.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Bought a table a few months ago, and didn't realize there were so many choices to make. (Should've found this site and done a lot of reading 1st) The table came with a set of what I figured out very quickly a cheap-o set of pool balls. I bought a set of aramith balls on craigslist that are a huge improvement. I guess I can't help myself and found a set of aramith "TV pro series" balls (craigslist again). I'm guessing from an ebay search they are "tournament" balls? My biggest question is how can I tell if some goober didn't just take a cheaper set and put them in the box. There's an obvious quality difference between the set my table came with and the aramiths I bought used for $50.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

go to the Aramith website and look at the pictures of the different balls.

tournament balls are top of the line and look much different than aramath super pro. Aramith super pro are still very good.

The tv variations of each of them just have the different colored 4,12,7, and 15.

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the input!

They posted a pic of the stock from a website. They have them listed for $100...

00X0X_l1niOvPkiiF_1200x900.jpg

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I would ask for a photo of the actual balls. It's not like everyone has access to a digital camera these days.

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've decided against getting them... Something about the off color (pink?) wonder why they changed the color..

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've decided against getting them... Something about the off color (pink?) wonder why they changed the color..

This is the TV set, so they changed the color in order to be more recognisable on the TV screens. The blue 2 and the deep purple 4 are hard to tell apart when watching them on a screen.
Aramith makes a regular color Super Pro set as well.

(If you don't like the pink 4, i wouldn't recomend googling "cyclops tv pool balls" :p)