Want to improve your pool game next weekend?

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What you will experience at Tom Simpson's 3-Day Intensive: These small group Weekend Intensives are not competitive. This is not play – it’s training. Typically, each player gets a table for their personal use each day. We maintain a 3:1 or better player/instructor ratio to get plenty of one-on-one interaction with the instructors.

We go back & forth between group lecture & demonstration and individual training at your table. The instructors provide one-on-one help at your table. Clinics run about eight hours a day, beginning in the morning. No matter how long you've been playing, you will be astounded at how much you'll learn.

details:

3 Day Intensive October 1 -3
Fat Alberts Pool Room (600 N White Horse Pike, Somerdale, NJ)

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ed7fc5pi52162bfc&llr=k69vahyab

Contact Mark Finkelstein (Master Instructor and course leader) at
Phone:
Email: nycpool@gmail.com

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
You should provide some sort of payment plan, who wants to fork over $1,350 all at once for 3 days of lessons?

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom Simpson

Yes Tom has recently passed, but his school is continuing with the same instructor's and material.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should provide some sort of payment plan, who wants to fork over $1,350 all at once for 3 days of lessons?

Most people have a flexible "payment plan" for lessons or training - use a credit card. 3 payments will cost you nothing for the first payment of $450 30 days after your lessons are over (unless you have a balance already), with the remaining two payments of $450 each costing you no more than $13 interest the second month and a mere $6 the last month. Problem solved. And you'll get miles or points or even cash back. Win Win. Cheap money really - would you loan someone $1350 for only a $20 dollar bill interest and take 90 days to get it all back? Perspective is all it takes ----- so call today and reserve your spot! You'll be glad you did

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Payment Plan

Our payment plan is a $350.00 deposit to reserve a seat, and $1000.00 due when the class starts. There are discounts for re-takes and attending with a friend.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Found the only textbook on how to teach yourself how to play pool. There are a lot of books but only one college caliber textbook on teaching yourself. It can only be gotten on the website playgreatpool.com The name of the book is Play Great Pool by Mark Wilson. For 75 dollars you can not beat the price and is better than many overpriced so-called instructors.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Found the only textbook on how to teach yourself how to play pool. There are a lot of books but only one college caliber textbook on teaching yourself. It can only be gotten on the website playgreatpool.com The name of the book is Play Great Pool by Mark Wilson. For 75 dollars you can not beat the price and is better than many overpriced so-called instructors.

This is true this is a great book! BUT: Can that book tell you what you are doing wrong? NO!
Can the book do a video tape analyses of your stroke fundamentals? NO!
Can the book template a stroke specifically to you? NO!

This is book can greatly enhance your knowledge but it cannot identify problems that an individual has in their stroke mechanics.

A qualified SPF instructor can do all of those things and more.

I have the book, I have been to Mark Wilson and I have taught with Mark Finkelstein and I promise you Mark will give you everything you expected and more.

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
payment plan

"We are confident in what this session will do for your game and are happy to connect you with prior students to learn what it meant to them. We also appreciate this type of intensive class might not be for everyone--- as there are multiple billiard training methods available. There is a right fit for everyone-- we are confident that the NBA classes exceed peoples expectations- and their testimonials point to that as well.

If you would like to speak with one of our master instructors we would be happy to discuss what you want to get out of training and since we are so connected to the industry -- with more than 150 years playing experience among the instructors, we can help connect you to a class that would be great for you"

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it's worth. It's a lot of money, but if you can swing it, and think it's worth it, power to you. Even if you only bring back a couple things from it, you are closer to the goal of being a good player.

When people ask me how much my cue costs, and I tell them, their jaws almost hit the floor (it's at an Elks Club). I say to them, I know what my game is worth, then I go back to shooting.

The point is, only you can truly decide if this is right for you and worth it.

For me, I wish I had the money to hire Tor for a month of training, but that's me...

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tableroll...Just FYI, if you asked Mark Wilson personally, he would tell that while the book is excellent (it is, and I have it too), it cannot replace the value of having one-on-one personal interaction with a qualified instructor...particularly with video analysis. Mark does use his book as a 'textbook' for his college course, it is in conjunction with a TON of personal interaction with his students.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another "well thought out" response from someone who has never had (nor thinks they need...or could benefit from) personal instruction...and that's your right to your opinion. There isn't one of us instructors who would not answer questions about anything we teach...FOR FREE. That still doesn't take away from the value of good instruction...that's what students are paying for. There are many price structures available in the professional pool instruction field. It's up to the prospective student to research the options.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Sooooooooooo, the going rate to ask a question is another $1275.00? Good luck with that.

Last edited:

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1350$ seems high for lessons, what's the going rate these days for one day???

OneinaRow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
National Billiard Acadamy

Tom Simpson was the founder of the National Billiard Acadamy, and if you go to
http://www.poolclinics.com you can read testimonials from students of the acadamy and get a
picture of how much this clinic has helped many players of all levels vastly improve their game!.