The similarities between the 2 ball and 10 ball. (Earl's misconception)

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
They are both blue.

They both start with the letter T.

They are both 3 letter words.

They are both round.

Both have 1 vowel and 2 consonants.

They both have similar pronunciation.

This leads me to believe that Earl could've easily confused the two balls. Also, with his old age, it is very understandable. He probably confuses an apple for a tomato.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 10 2 4.jpg
    10 2 4.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 701

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are both blue.

They are both round.

This leads me to believe that Earl could've easily confused the two balls. Also, with his old age, it is very understandable. He probably confuses an apple for a tomato.
maybe if he had called the "THC" ball instead of the two, the mix-up would start making a lot more sense to some people.

he was playing the 10, period.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I missed the whole thing. Can someone explain to me what happened, or at least point me to where I can go read about it?

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I missed the whole thing. Can someone explain to me what happened, or at least point me to where I can go read about it?

At the end of the match Earl loudly called the two ball then stood for a while looking and quickly pointed to the 10 and the intended pocket and made the ball.Jayson Shaw jumped up going nuts .The ref was not paying attention at all so they went to the tape which had commentary over it.The ref ruled the point/pocket was the intent.Jayson forfeits and exploded in a rage ......and then the innerweb broke.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Can't wait to see the rematch..

COMING SOON TO A POOL HALL NEAR YOU

THE CLASH OF THE TWOTENS

IMG_1935.JPG

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I caught up on enough (still 40 pages shy of what's posted on Azb about it).

This doesn't seem like too big a deal to me. It looks like he calls the ten and pocket with his cue right before he shoots.

And then Earl smacks his cue, and from that point on (I'm shocked) Earl is the least irrational person in the argument.

Ref made the only call that could be made. Shame he wasn't around the table in the first place.

There's a lot of drama when Earl's around. I don't figure that's going to change anytime soon. Next time he comes to town I'll have to go see him play and get his autograph, though.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The shame is a bunch of no playing bums with computers

The shot called is immaterial if everyone knows what is being played.
How hard is that to understand?
I guess if you are a no playing a$$ it is not easy to comprehend.
Read something besides what you type.
The opponent was a bum for opening his mouth period. Anyone agreeing with him is ignorant.
Just the facts gentlemen. Just the facts.
Cry babies usually shut up sooner or later.
Later I see,

Nick :)

J0HN0

Registered
Interesting stuff,
Earl said “x”, Jayson said “y”, the ref said “z” the head ref said “a”, then Earl didn’t say “b”, blah blah blah, yadda yadda.
(I don’t know or “support “ either of these guys by the way, (and it’s unlikely that I’ll be playing either of them in the near future before you ask)).
But I’ve seen a few of the videos and a few things sprang to mind,

a. Jayson Shaw, his post decision behaviour could have been better, no doubt about it and I’m not defending it, BUT there’s usually no smoke without fire, if I were playing for big money and the guy I’m playing can’t seem to abide by the accepted standards, I call (again?) on what seems to be a fairly fundamental part of a call shot game, to then be over-ruled by someone who wasn’t watching, err the chances are that I (like most people I feel) wouldn’t have been overly pleased either.

b. Earl Strickland, what’s going on there? Clearly the guy can play, absolutely no doubt about it, I’ve seen the videos, but unfortunately in the same videos where he’s working magic with a cue, almost invariably he’s doing other stuff he shouldn’t, another thread I read here said Johnny Archer recently played Earl but it was ok as Johnny knows how to deal with him?? So the expectation is now that players on top of playing at a world-class level should now have to “deal with” the vagaries of their opponent doing essentially what ever they feel like?? Imagine if S.V.B or Mika Immonen showed up to a competition and did the stuff Earl does, everyone would be mortified, yet Earl seems to get away with it??

c. The ref, ok someone pointed out in a thread that it’s a thankless task being the ref, I wouldn’t doubt that, and it would seem reasonable if you are staging a big money tournament to ensure that the ref’s are compensated for it, BUT if I had to ref a money match between 2 “flammable” characters such as these, I think I’d want to keep a close eye on what was going on, just for purposes of protecting my own @ss in case of what kicked off kicking off…

Anyway what happened, happened and no amount of pontificating rules or bleating about etiquette on forums is going to change it, it’s there in glorious techni-colour video for all to see.

Stepping back from the detail of this situation, there are perhaps other thoughts to consider;
These guys are talented with a cue, they didn’t proffer themselves as models of good etiquette / behaviour, they’re sports people, that’s why they’re on the video in the 1st place, world champions in pretty much any discipline won’t always be popular with everybody, such is life…

Maybe right now, the state Pool/billiards is in, it needs players “acting up” and controversy to get “bums on seats”, to catch the public's interest, to keep the competitions running and to make money? (just look at the amount of cheap & nasty “reality tv” that’s around at the moment).

If (as everyone hopes) Pool/billiards gets more coverage / exposure / more mainstream TV time, and therefore more money, someone needs to decide if players “acting up” will actually help Pool/billiards towards that goal or hinder it???
regards,

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
They are both blue.

They are both round.

They are both dividable by 2.

And if you spell them backwards they mean basically the same thing in Russian.

Net - I'm out
Owt - you lost