2018 SBE is over

yesyura

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's over and now is the time to think about 2019.
Every year, Mr. Paul Frankel organized 3 cushion event at Super Billiards Expo since 2011. So this year it was 8th event he worked for 3 cushion. I did small things next to him because I live about an hour from the venue. I wish I could do more but not easy when money involved.
Just like the other years, I received some phone calls asking the event has anything for them. Or if I can give them anything, badge, room or else, they can help the event. Please, every person involved this event spends own money to come and stay.
This is the only event in the whole country 3000 to 4000 pool players gathering for 4 days every year. The only chance to expose 3 cushion to cue sports world. Yes, someone might have different idea to promote 3 cushion. But as of now to show 3 cushion to this many pool players, this should be the only chance.
Back to the event, billiard table area is ready around 9 in the morning, then running all day, all volunteers get exhausted in the evening, then if no one can take care of the area tables should be covered. Members have to the hotel room to get ready for next day. As you know the whole place is open 24 hours. From 7PM to 3 or 4AM, that's 8 or 9 hours we loose to promote this beautiful game.
You don't have to be a champion to introduce 3 cushion to pool players, even some players love to play 3 cushion, but 300 miles away from where carom table is in business. Could be anything to help the event.
It's one year away for 2019 Expo, can someone come up to say " I will be there to help" Small movement can make big difference.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over the eight years, would you say that interest in 3C by the general American cue enthusiast population is growing, the same, or shrinking?

I'm just entering the sport now and will do my best to promote it in my area when I can.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking forward to playing in the daily 3c tournaments, and sadly, they were not offered as in recent years.

Someone told me they spent a lot on added monies in the past, but I would have been happy to just play for entry fees.