Double Pooey on the Red Sox for making my Yankees
look so bad at the present time

I feel as bad as if I bet on team USA in the Mosconi Cup

I hope you Red Sox fans never win another game

GO YANKEES

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I lived in the Fens in 2004, and promised myself that if they won, I'd give them some love when needed, like in this thread :thumbup:

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

GO YANKEES

Even though I was in Boston during one of their lowest seasons in recent memory, getting to go to 3 games while going through the hardest 3 month stretch in my life was definitely the highlight for me. People can say what they want about the Sox, but as a team and an organization, they do a LOT for that community. I was already a life long fan, but those few months there solidified why.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
................:grin:

Attachments

• red sox.jpg
    red sox.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 198

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I shot at a a tournament in Boston Billiards, right near Fenway decades ago.

I grew up in Massachusetts and am a diehard Patriots fan since 1974. But I’ve always been a Yankees fan (lived in Syracuse when I was 5), and didn’t switch to tbe Red Sox.

That being said, I had great respect for and fear of Yaz, Jim Rice, and Dewey Evans. There will never be another El Tiante. Roger was magnificent, and Boggs was the best hitter in baseball. Ramirez and Ortiz did better against Rivera than any hitters in the league.

Good luck to Aaron Boone.

Freddie <~~~ go Yanks

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My two favorite baseball teams:

1. The New York Mets
2. Whoever is playing the Yankees

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife is from Queens but moved to Mass when we got married. So.....she WAS a Mets fan but has become a diehard Sox fan unless inter-league play pits those two together and them she just stands there and trembles. Patriots????no question!!!! Mitch

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Lifelong Red Sox fan....and we all suffered greatly for a LONG period of time.

Yes, it has been an abundance of riches for the Boston teams since 2001, and as a Boston fan, its been great. Its kind of fun trying to explain to young people that this just doesn't happen...its absurd.

That having been said, this years Sox have started out great, and its been fun to watch. But its far from over, and those guys from the Bronx will be heard from before its over. It'll be fun, regardless.

(It's more fun when your team is on top, of course :p )

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Always admired Jacoby Ellsbury since his college days, with the Oregon State Beavers winning the college world series. Red Sox drafted him...and he played on the winning 2007 world series team. He now has two world series rings, both with the Red Sox. After the last series win, Sox didn't offer as much as the Yankees, so to New York he went.

Now he's in the autumn of his playing years...so I'm really confused which team to root for.

So, when it's a Yankee/Red sox game? I just sit back & enjoy the show...

(edit) A short highlight of Jacoby being Jacoby in his prime. Red Sox fans loved him that day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Wa7-k9kKU

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

GO YANKEES[/QUOTE]
dean i knew there was a reason you seemed like a good guy....:thumbup:
GGGGOOOOOOOO YANKEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:dance::happydance:::clapping:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yankers looking desperate calling-in a mid-April jinx on the pool forum.

If "double pooey" is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lookout For The 2019 Yankees........Meanwhile, 2018's Team Isn't Too Shabby!

Dean......patience my son.....patience......it's a 162 game season......any team playing .570 or better
will make the playoffs and that is all that counts......this was not the year the Yankees were expected
to dominate again.......it's next year when all the free agents come out.......meanwhile, the Yankees
are "ideally" positioned with talent, youth, power, and emerging stars.......I mean Didi Gregorius could
become the #1 shortstop in MLB, or at least the AL......and Gary Sanchez....he's got the best arm in
the Al as catcher & unmatched power at the plate.....and then there's Aaron Judge...OMG.....Nuf Ced
about him.....now that his shoulder has healed, this year he's also hitting for average plus power as
never before seen.... and let's not forget about Hicks who is a switch hitter with tremendous HR power.....
his first game back after spring training injury was a multi home run game.....the Yankees already have
players with multi home run games 6x........Hicks, Stanton, Sanchez, Gregorius, Judge, Gregorius......Wait
until Miguel Andujar and Gleyber Torres are regular players later this season......and where is there a better lead
off hitter than Gardner......even when he gets out, he works the pitch count......the team is just scary talented
and wait until the 2018 free agents arrive on the scence......Machado as a Yankee? Mike Trout?

The Yankees bullpen is struggling right now but it is a long season and they will be the #1 bullpen in the AL or
perhaps all of MLB by season end.......the limitation is starting pitching and with the Yankees salary relief next
year by lowering their luxury tax threshold, there are some big deals that will get made and the Yankees
will be able to get a little stronger because of the free agents available. But in the meantime, this team is
laden with talent and the most important thing is it is mostly young talent too.

And let's not forget the white elephant.....Giancarlo Stanton. He is only 28 years old and hits with all
the power that Judge explodes with at the plate. He is struggling right now but for good reason. Let's
not forget that most of the other Yankee Players have already played against the pitchers they have
faced so far except for any pitching roster changes on the other AL teams. However with Stanton's
situation, every single pitcher he sees on a AL team is a brand new pitcher for him. He has no prior
familarity with how the pitcher likes to work the count ot where the pitcher's release point is or how it
changes with different pitches. For Stanton, let's hold out any judgement until the 2nd half of the season
after he's seen the AL pitching rosters at least once. He's going to be just fine and he will terrorize pitchers
in the 2nd half of the season as long as he remains healthy.....injuries are never planned for.

Keep the faith Deanoc.........I know this Yankees team really well and it is not yet the dynasty team that
likely will be formed after the 2018 free agency. But remember that no matter how great is any team's
starting roster, sooner or later injuries always seem to play a key role during the season and so pray
that any minor injuries happen before Memorial Day rather than later in the season. Serious injuries
screw you no matter what but the 4-6 weeks or 6-8 weeks injuries at least give you a chance that you'd
get the injured player back by September if and when the injury happens before Memorial Day. It's
those hmid-summer injuries that can destroy your team's chances.

Anyway, the goal is to make the playoffs......that's every team's goal and if along the way, you happen
to also win the Division avoiding the wild card situation, that's an added plus. All in all, it really does
not matter because it's the team that gets hot at the right time that goes on to win the World Series.

Matt B.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt
i had no idea you were well versed in baseball as
well as you are

i am not giving up,i have been a yankee fan for 70 years

we won the world series in 49,50 ,51,52,53 so i bet everything i had
on the yankees to win in 54

i lost every Scrooge Mc Duck,Donal Duck ,Superman and Batman comic that I owned