Pool Cue Bridge - Not the detachable ones.....

JFCastle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am looking for opinions on a nice pool cue bridge for my home table set up. I have a Corona Tiger that slips on my break cue for when I play in leagues but I want to get something nicer and permanently attached to a dedicated bridge cue that will go under my table.

What I have right now is a crappy bridge that came with the table. It's brass and falls off the cue it's on frequently. I have glued it several times and I'm fed up with it.

I don't like the Moosehead. Just never liked the way it felt and I believe the plastic damaged one of my shafts when I borrowed a buddy's Moosehead. But I could just be paranoid.

So that leaves brass, or wood, or something like the Corona with leather. But I want it to be a dedicated bridge cue. Kamui makes a wooden one but it's a slip on.

Also don't like the retractable ones I have seen.

Any ideas on something decent, but not custom made from a cue maker.

Thanks

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Russo

http://russobilliardbridge.com

Consider getting two of Joe Russo's bridges. You can put one on each side of the table for convenience and stack two together for shooting over multiple balls when your opponent sticks you against the rack. Especially nice for straight pool and one pocket players.

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suggest looking at the Keller Justa-bridge. You can get pretty any height you need and all places you put your cue are padded. Can be found on Seybert's.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am looking for opinions on a nice pool cue bridge for my home table set up. I have a Corona Tiger that slips on my break cue for when I play in leagues but I want to get something nicer and permanently attached to a dedicated bridge cue that will go under my table.

What I have right now is a crappy bridge that came with the table. It's brass and falls off the cue it's on frequently. I have glued it several times and I'm fed up with it.

I don't like the Moosehead. Just never liked the way it felt and I believe the plastic damaged one of my shafts when I borrowed a buddy's Moosehead. But I could just be paranoid.

So that leaves brass, or wood, or something like the Corona with leather. But I want it to be a dedicated bridge cue. Kamui makes a wooden one but it's a slip on.

Also don't like the retractable ones I have seen.

Any ideas on something decent, but not custom made from a cue maker.

Thanks

This is the best bridge head out there, note how it's designed to allow a number of different configurations for different height requirements

http://www.muellers.com/Russo-Interlocking-Bridge-Head,2374.html?b=d*59

JFCastle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://russobilliardbridge.com

Consider getting two of Joe Russo's bridges. You can put one on each side of the table for convenience and stack two together for shooting over multiple balls when your opponent sticks you against the rack. Especially nice for straight pool and one pocket players.

That is certainly interesting looking. Not what I had in mind though.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friend Dave has wooden bridge heads. Very smooth and worked great.

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The hall I play in has used the Russo bridge heads for at least twenty years.
The interlocking feature works great,very stable.This is not a slip on bridge head.

JFCastle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The hall I play in has used the Russo bridge heads for at least twenty years.
The interlocking feature works great,very stable.This is not a slip on bridge head.

Ok. I will get this one and put it on the bridge stick I have now. Thanks guys

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Suggest looking at the Keller Justa-bridge. You can get pretty any height you need and all places you put your cue are padded. Can be found on Seybert's.

I agree with Cue4. Have this and another bridge head. JustaBridge locks onto a cue or bridge cue and stays put. It's permanent unless you release it. It's good to have multiple bridgeheads.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok. I will get this one and put it on the bridge stick I have now. Thanks guys
You need to get two of the Russo bridges so you can stack them for high shots. It's also nice to have a bridge on each side of the table.

I bought 100 of the Russo bridge heads and am doing my best to get them into the pool halls where I play. If you're in my area, you can get them from me for $2 each.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You need to get two of the Russo bridges so you can stack them for high shots. It's also nice to have a bridge on each side of the table.

I have never used or saw a Russo. I'm definitely getting a few to stack for those high bridge shots. Thanks for the info.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
here is a pic of the russo stacked in the T position and its height compared to justabridge
i was able to stack the russos using the insert and protrusion without having to use 2 sticks,,,,it seemed stable that way
russo justabridge 1.jpg

russo 1.jpg

russo 3.jpg

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the moosehead bridge, you have more positions and the number of times I have seen someone needing a stacking bridge or use one in person in 30 years of playing I think is 0. For the price you can have both those and the Russo.

You can easily glue the thing to a house cue for a "permanent" bridge.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 on the Justa-Bridge. Although it is not a permanent bridge it is the best one I had so far. And it is soft on the cues due to the inlay felt. Very versatile. The only thing I don't know yet is how long it lasts - with the moving parts. But my bridge shots improved considerably with that one.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
+1 on the Justa-Bridge. Although it is not a permanent bridge it is the best one I had so far. And it is soft on the cues due to the inlay felt. Very versatile. The only thing I don't know yet is how long it lasts - with the moving parts. But my bridge shots improved considerably with that one.

i have mine 2 years
no signs of falling apart

JFCastle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I ordered the Russo bridge. I liked the look and the fact that I can make it into a permanent bridge cue.

I have this heavy 25 ounce cue that I never use and was wondering if that would make a good bridge cue to attach the Russo bridge to. Any thoughts on having a heavier stick for the bridge? Or is lighter the way to go?

Probably some pluses and minuses on both heavy and light sticks.