Identifying Pool table

JC

Coos Cues
Well, I paid $150 for this thing a few days ago. It's just going to be a home table. I'm just planning on making it a little prettier and was hoping to get the cue ball return working. May try to build something in there. I don't need any coin mech in there though. If I'm thinking about this correctly, should this use an undersized cue ball for the return? It's the only way I can think that the cue would fall down into the other part of the return while the others wouldn't...

Then you should take it to the landfill and be lucky you only wasted such a small sum. You can buy valleys all day long in good cosmetic shape with playable cloth and rails for $4-5 hundred. Roll it in, level it and play pool.

Ever heard of penny wise and pound foolish?

JC

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So can one of you guys help me figure out how this worked...

View attachment 437823

I get the general idea that all balls roll down the ramp (#2), the cue ball then returns down the ramp next to #2. Where do the object balls go and how does the oversized ball get separated?

The object balls sit on the dump plate which tilts when the lob cam motor which is 12v spins 360 degrees, tripping the base plate latch causing the base plate to dump all the balls out....operated by the micro switch when a quarter is dropped in. The cue ball gets kicked off before it ends up falling in which the object balls. Unless you find a used one....you're not going to work this out, I probably have more experience working on these tables than most do....which is why I told you the table as a coin op was a joke.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are going to spend more $$$ trying to make this table playable than cutting your losses and buying another 7' table that's turnkey.

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The object balls sit on the dump plate which tilts when the lob cam motor which is 12v spins 360 degrees, tripping the base plate latch causing the base plate to dump all the balls out....operated by the micro switch when a quarter is dropped in. The cue ball gets kicked off before it ends up falling in which the object balls. Unless you find a used one....you're not going to work this out, I probably have more experience working on these tables than most do....which is why I told you the table as a coin op was a joke.

Thanks man, that makes sense... I don't need the coin mech really. What I was thinking, which would be cheap and fairly easy, is whatever the guy did with the one in this thread...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=404805

He just built a wood box, but I don't know what he did inside the box to work with the cue ball...

Here's a pic... Hopefully someone can point out how to recreate this...

1.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Once again, that's an original box that has been gutted to where the balls just drop through but the oversized cue ball is still kicked off and returned to the head end of the table....so you would still need an original box to gut.

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once again, that's an original box that has been gutted to where the balls just drop through but the oversized cue ball is still kicked off and returned to the head end of the table....so you would still need an original box to gut.

Gotcha, I didn't realize it was a gutted box. I suppose I'll just let the balls fall where they want. Not a big deal just wanted to fix it if I could... Maybe I'll get creative with it some day, or just get a new table later, lol. Thanks for the help though.