9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
wow everything
20 tables 20 streams

027b6345934bf8343ef934b76b6201b00692be39.jpg.jpg

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Caudron had to ponder the shot for that many seconds, and if Bob says it's not possible, then it's going into my bucket of Don't Bother Trying!

Side note -- I see that he chalked with his right hand although he shot right-handed was well (I'm in a chalk mood tonight and coincidentally started a separate thread about chalking).

That is the way I chalk, though it's not the most efficient and I've always found it to be an uncommon technique among players. Can't believe I never picked up before on the fact he does that.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Caudron had to ponder the shot for that many seconds, and if Bob says it's not possible, then it's going into my bucket of Don't Bother Trying!
Actually, using high speed to get a wide angle off the last long cushion is a useful technique, it's just that the example was a little extreme. One player I've noticed who also likes that kind of shot is Forthomme.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Looks like its zanetti and caudron in the final for 3c

History was made in 2013 when these 2 met in this event

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member

Side note -- I see that he chalked with his right hand although he shot right-handed was well (I'm in a chalk mood tonight and coincidentally started a separate thread about chalking).

That is the way I chalk, though it's not the most efficient and I've always found it to be an uncommon technique among players. Can't believe I never picked up before on the fact he does that.

HomeBrewer; Obviously the shot is NOT impossible! But, is all about applying the correct technique and a couple of VERY sound fundamental components.

The shot requires extreme rapid cue tip speed, perfect timing and tempo combined with a short stroke. He really did NOT use extreme force, just a VERY rapid/short stroke! You also have to stay done on the shot, the bridge can NOT move at all! You can NOT jump on the shot at all!

Sayginer plays these types of shots very well!

BTW, the perfect billiard machine is in the finals, (Caudron) v Zanetti!

P.S. I also chalk my tip before EVERY shot! And play RH, and chalk my cue RH as many top Carom players do!

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
zanetti is steamrolling at the break

22 in 4!
fred 1

are we gonna get another epic caudron comeback?

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
GREAT game by Marco! Just got off the phone with Vittorio one of his best friends.

He said Marco was VERY emotional after his win!

Congrats to him! :grin:

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, using high speed to get a wide angle off the last long cushion is a useful technique, it's just that the example was a little extreme. One player I've noticed who also likes that kind of shot is Forthomme.

I am quite sure - and Caudron will be the first to admit it - that he intended this as a seven rail, not a six rail shot.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am quite sure - and Caudron will be the first to admit it - that he intended this as a seven rail, not a six rail shot.
So that would be not so close to the second corner? Is there any chance of a backup if it hits the long rail fourth?

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Xavier ran a 52 in his match he won
I dont know how higj that is in one cushion but its certainly impressive to me

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So that would be not so close to the second corner? Is there any chance of a backup if it hits the long rail fourth?

Fred hit the "double-zero", 4th and 5th cushion, and at that speed it made his line extremely short. If you project the line he now had to the 7th (short) rail, and the third ball would be frozen to that short rail, nobody would ever play the shot this way, except maybe on a very short table. As for the "backup" after four rails, that would probably be 20 % "plan B" and 80 % fluke.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fred hit the "double-zero", 4th and 5th cushion, and at that speed it made his line extremely short. If you project the line he now had to the 7th (short) rail, and the third ball would be frozen to that short rail, nobody would ever play the shot this way, except maybe on a very short table. As for the "backup" after four rails, that would probably be 20 % "plan B" and 80 % fluke.

So you think it whipped out of the corner making it come shorter than planed. Or was it all speed that caused it. or Both.

Seems the 3rd rail was around 47- 48 and the 6th approx 40. Looks like a little whip action.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
So you think it whipped out of the corner making it come shorter than planed. Or was it all speed that caused it. or Both.

Seems the 3rd rail was around 47- 48 and the 6th approx 40. Looks like a little whip action.

The CB actually came off the 3rd rail about 31-32, then the 4th & 5th cushion almost simultaneously, (00) with the whip effect!

He actually contacted the 3rd cushion & 6th cushion at the VERY same spot on the long cushion to score!