Leather Case design question

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen a few Justis cases that are tooled by other makers. Im interested in having some custom work done on a JB case. I would like to know if I can get the leather first, have the work done, then send it back to John for finishing. If not, what is the process? Thanks, G

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen a few Justis cases that are tooled by other makers. Im interested in having some custom work done on a JB case. I would like to know if I can get the leather first, have the work done, then send it back to John for finishing. If not, what is the process? Thanks, G

Doesnt work that way. The leather would need to be blanked out. Meaning, precut, pre punched etc etc etc. From there, the carver transfers the design onto the leather and begins cutting in and tooling.

To do what you want with John *might* be a pain in the ass given that his shop is in China.

Who were you wanting to do your carving?

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I kind of forgot about the factory being overseas. I am looking to have some sewing done on the leather before it's assembled. I'm looking at a butterfly case. I really like johns butterfly cases and thought a diamond pattern like the old hotrod seats would be the ticket. Even some of the new high end super cars are sporting the designs in their interiors. I have a guy that will do it, I just need to figure out how to get it all brought together.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yes, We can send you the exact pattern that the leather worker would need to use including the areas we would recommend not be tooled. If need be we could send the leather as well but I really don't recommend that as leather workers are particular about the leather they use to carve on.

We would charge for the construction, the extra shipping and any extra time spent on it that might come about in the process.

Just contact us through our site or through Facebook and we can make it happen for you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I kind of forgot about the factory being overseas. I am looking to have some sewing done on the leather before it's assembled. I'm looking at a butterfly case. I really like johns butterfly cases and thought a diamond pattern like the old hotrod seats would be the ticket. Even some of the new high end super cars are sporting the designs in their interiors. I have a guy that will do it, I just need to figure out how to get it all brought together.

Just show us what you want. More than likely we can do it.

We can purchase quilted leather and we can quilt leather on our embroidery machine.

As well we can tool large patterns.

thegoodside-b1-b.jpg