help tightning pockets

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
i have a very old Brunswick Vip oversize 8 ft ,the pockets are very wide and angle is crazy off , can i just shim the hell out of it? Will this get correct angle oh btw i notice rails have aloooot of bounce , even for old cushions is this good? Also i do have that angle gauge and cushion height is off by a slight so im guessing this is giving me extra bouce? they are superspeed , i will have cloth later in the month so no rush,and i can hit 5 rails up and down , of course struck hard,thanks for viewing.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
i have a very old Brunswick Vip oversize 8 ft ,the pockets are very wide and angle is crazy off , can i just shim the hell out of it? Will this get correct angle oh btw i notice rails have aloooot of bounce , even for old cushions is this good? Also i do have that angle gauge and cushion height is off by a slight so im guessing this is giving me extra bouce? they are superspeed , i will have cloth later in the month so no rush,and i can hit 5 rails up and down , of course struck hard,thanks for viewing.

Are you wanting to do the work yourself, or are you interested in having it done?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes myself ,I've refelted my other tables but Its tough work and my hands wear beat lol,

I see, well, Ok, I'd be glad to help you through the job of fixing up your rails. First off, I'll need a deposit of $2,000 in my Bank of America account, then I'll give you a list of the tools you'll need to buy, chop saw, drill press, table saw, routers etc. After that, once you've picked up the tools, we'll go over the jigs you need to build to use the tools. Get back to me when you're ready to get started.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I done pissed off Cobra when I first joined, so I dunno if I get to call him Glen. :p

although, I bet if you looked through some of the threads he has created you could probably find all the info you need, scattered around in tidbits. Dude has been pretty forthcoming sharing his knowledge.

Good luck in your endeavour

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
i have a very old Brunswick Vip oversize 8 ft ,the pockets are very wide and angle is crazy off , can i just shim the hell out of it?

I dont see how you could possibly change the pocket miters by shimming the pockets. Im not trying to be a dick but if you dont really understand how the pocket miters are made in the first place and the purpose of shims this job is most likely over your head. With that said even shimming the pockets to tighten them usually makes the table play like crap.