How does a player get an Established Fargo rating?

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I dont know but ive asked this numerous times on here and nobody has answered me so again..... If you are a solid B+ to low level A player what, approximately, would your fargo rating be?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To get a Fargo rating, the best way is to play in some tournaments that get put into the system.
This is a great site that is used here in Tucson.

http://leaguepoolstats.com/main/index.php

From their home page you can make a login and their templates for tournies.
Once your tournament is over, the games won/loss go into the system.

If you have somebody who is running local tournaments in your area, get them to use this site. They will need a laptop, but once you do it one time, it's great :)

Hope this helps....

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know but ive asked this numerous times on here and nobody has answered me so again..... If you are a solid B+ to low level A player what, approximately, would your fargo rating be?
From their web site:

800 A top world-class player. About 10-15 players worldwide have ratings that exceed 800.
700 A top regional player in the US –a solid entry in the Grand Master Division or a clear threat to cash in the Master’s Division at the BCAPL Championships – a threat to run six in a row if the break is working. Around top 50 in the Eurotour. World-Class female player.
600 Likely to cash in the BCAPL Open Division but probably won’t make it to the top 32. – may be in Advanced Division, but not likely to cash. Has run three-in-a-row multiple times and maybe four-in-a row a time or two. High Run in 14.1 of 50-70.
500 A good local league player. Runs out first time at the table in about 10% of the games.
400 Runs out first time at the table in about 1% of the games—once or twice a league season.
300 A common level of play for league player. Probably has run a table, but maybe not.
200 beginner level – modestly coordinated --Most likely has never run an 8-ball table
100 beginner level – somewhat uncoordinated

John Biddle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is EXACTLY the problem that FargoRate was intended to solve. Ratings don't mean the same thing from place to place, even within the same rating system. With FargoRate, if it works as advertised and based on the write-ups it just might, because everyone is tied to everyone else in the system, the numbers for one relate to not just the other local players, but to all FargoRated players.

JC

Coos Cues

You're a 625 in this case give or take a few points

JC

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
I was a 455 and now I'm a 785 because I beat Shane Van Boening, Jung-Lin Chang, Jayson Shaw, Dennis Orcollo, Jeremy Jones, David Alcaide, Yu-Lung Chang, Alex Pagulayan, Ping-Chung Ko, Brandon Shuff, Abdullah Al Shammari, Pin-Yi Ko, Warren kiamco, Carlo Biado, Chia-Chen Hsieh, Mike Dechaine, Josh Roberts, Naoyuki Oi, Mark Gray, Daryl Peach, Francisco Sanchez-Ruiz, Imran Majid, Kai Lun Hsu, Justin Bergman, Kun Lin Wu, Radoslaw Babica, Nick Van Den Berg, Mika Immonen, Corey Deuel, Mario He, Jeremy Sossei, Eklent Kaci, Chin-Shung Yang, Darren Appleton, Jason Klatt, Ralf Souquet, Hao Xiang Han, Raj Hundal, R.J. Carmona, Thoresten Hohmann, Chezka Centeno, Miesko Fortunski, Bing Jie Chu, Maksim Dudanets, Ramil Gallego, Lee Vann Corteza, Robb Saez, Jani Siekken.... just to name a few.

Shooting lefty.........

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[...]

I am just curious what type of league I would need to joint (BCA for example?), and how many matches I would need to play in order to obtain a Fargo rating?

[...]

A few updates here.

League play is divided into two categories: USAPL and EVERYTHING ELSE

USAPL:

-- get prepared to hear a lot more about this. USA Pool League is team match-play format under the CSI Umbrella. It is now using FargoRate LMS (league management system) and is revamped to be fully integrated with Fargo Ratings. Games from a match played today go into the system tonight and tickle the ratings of everybody around the world. The basic idea, for 8-ball at least, is instead of playing, say, a 4 to 6 match based on a handicap, your Fargo Ratings determine the match you play (see http://usaplraceto.azurewebsites.net/ to get an idea). Your match might be 62 to 80. You play 8-ball accumulating 14 points for a win and balls pocketed for a loss racing to your number. There are 9-Ball and 10-Ball and mixed configurations, but basically the format is fixed and prescribed. LMS is fully functional and a LMS USAPL Mobile Scoring App is functional and being tested by some select divisions. This system is the nuts, and , imo, is the best way to expand the base of pool, bring new people in. If anybody wants to get out front and apply to become a league manager in your area, check out http://www.playcsipool.com/start-a-league.html and talk to Jack Murray at CSI.

Everything else

This includes tons of different formats out there, round-robin team play with 3-player teams, 4,5,6, or 7-player teams; straight up or handicapped; scored by just game wins or 10-point system or 17-point system, and on and on. LMS is being configured to handle a wide range of formats. So whatever the size of your league or division, you can use LMS for it and get games directly into FargoRate. This is basically functional now, but because there are so many different formats and options and report options to configure it just the way you want it, we are doing more testing. Here is a league using LMS--one I played in last night--just to give you an idea. This is the public reports link. You can change what division within the league you are looking at in the upper left, and you can see completed scoresheets by choosing "view" under Schedule/Results.

http://lms.fargorate.com/PublicRepo...visionId=a38e2f90-543a-49e8-83c0-a68b015d2284

The cost for this will be a once-a-year $15/player charge. Each player will get FargoRate mobile app through which he can see his own game history, historical record against any opponent, and more. The fee is paid to CSI, and this will also get your league sanctioned with BCAPL (CSI). There is no additional cost. It doesn't matter if you are sanctioned with some other organization as well. By bringing Fargo Ratings to the world, CSI has assumed the role of an umbrella organization of sorts... We are working on a mobile scoring APP for this as well.

Past and present BCAPL players and what data is going in to FargoRate

FargoRate is growing fast. Each week so far in 2017 has more hits to our website than every week of 2016 and before. The number of games in the system will his 5 million this week, up from about 1 million when we did the explanatory videos. We have been getting in, in fits and spurts, lots of past league data from BCAPL leagues. There is no guarantee yours is or will be in, but there is more to go in. Here are a couple plots that show by state the number of players with at least 100 games in the system and how that has changed from 6 months ago and from 18 months ago.

Most of this is building train tracks; LMS will be introducing a fleet of trains.

Attachments

• g1.png
    g1.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 409
  • g2.png
    g2.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 411
  • g3.png
    g3.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 388

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please do not give me a hard time, if I should have already known the answers to my questions, by reading the Fargo rate website. Please do not give me a hard time, if I should have already known the answers to my questions, by reading the Fargo rate website.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few updates here.

League play is divided into two categories: USAPL and EVERYTHING ELSE

USAPL:

-- get prepared to hear a lot more about this. USA Pool League is team match-play format under the CSI Umbrella. It is now using FargoRate LMS (league management system) and is revamped to be fully integrated with Fargo Ratings. Games from a match played today go into the system tonight and tickle the ratings of everybody around the world. The basic idea, for 8-ball at least, is instead of playing, say, a 4 to 6 match based on a handicap, your Fargo Ratings determine the match you play (see http://usaplraceto.azurewebsites.net/ to get an idea). Your match might be 62 to 80. You play 8-ball accumulating 14 points for a win and balls pocketed for a loss racing to your number. There are 9-Ball and 10-Ball and mixed configurations, but basically the format is fixed and prescribed. LMS is fully functional and a LMS USAPL Mobile Scoring App is functional and being tested by some select divisions. This system is the nuts, and , imo, is the best way to expand the base of pool, bring new people in. If anybody wants to get out front and apply to become a league manager in your area, check out http://www.playcsipool.com/start-a-league.html and talk to Jack Murray at CSI.

Everything else

This includes tons of different formats out there, round-robin team play with 3-player teams, 4,5,6, or 7-player teams; straight up or handicapped; scored by just game wins or 10-point system or 17-point system, and on and on. LMS is being configured to handle a wide range of formats. So whatever the size of your league or division, you can use LMS for it and get games directly into FargoRate. This is basically functional now, but because there are so many different formats and options and report options to configure it just the way you want it, we are doing more testing. Here is a league using LMS--one I played in last night--just to give you an idea. This is the public reports link. You can change what division within the league you are looking at in the upper left, and you can see completed scoresheets by choosing "view" under Schedule/Results.

http://lms.fargorate.com/PublicRepo...visionId=a38e2f90-543a-49e8-83c0-a68b015d2284

The cost for this will be a once-a-year $15/player charge. Each player will get FargoRate mobile app through which he can see his own game history, historical record against any opponent, and more. The fee is paid to CSI, and this will also get your league sanctioned with BCAPL (CSI). There is no additional cost. It doesn't matter if you are sanctioned with some other organization as well. By bringing Fargo Ratings to the world, CSI has assumed the role of an umbrella organization of sorts... We are working on a mobile scoring APP for this as well.

Past and present BCAPL players and what data is going in to FargoRate

FargoRate is growing fast. Each week so far in 2017 has more hits to our website than every week of 2016 and before. The number of games in the system will his 5 million this week, up from about 1 million when we did the explanatory videos. We have been getting in, in fits and spurts, lots of past league data from BCAPL leagues. There is no guarantee yours is or will be in, but there is more to go in. Here are a couple plots that show by state the number of players with at least 100 games in the system and how that has changed from 6 months ago and from 18 months ago.

Most of this is building train tracks; LMS will be introducing a fleet of trains.

Good to hear Mike. I'm hoping that we'll be using this system starting in the Fall. I assume this is meant to supplant leaguesys, right? Do I understand correctly that your BCA league sanctioning fee pays for access to the FargoRate LMS? I believe the current approach is that you pay extra for leaguesys.

CSI Media

CueSports International
Silver Member
Correct

Good to hear Mike. I'm hoping that we'll be using this system starting in the Fall. I assume this is meant to supplant leaguesys, right? Do I understand correctly that your BCA league sanctioning fee pays for access to the FargoRate LMS? I believe the current approach is that you pay extra for leaguesys.

That is correct. LMS will replace LeagueSys and the plan is to make it and the scoring apps available to all USAPL and BCAPL leagues at no additional charge. There is a lot of work left to do and the release date is not yet known but we are all working very hard to make it happen as soon as possible - especially FargoRate.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
You're a 625 in this case give or take a few points

JC

Why thank you!!! Im having trouble understanding the huge difference in the talent level especially in one division. For instance... The first part of the 600 rage sounds like it would be possible fit for me if im playing good.

600 Likely to cash in the BCAPL Open Division but probably won’t make it to the top 32. – may be in Advanced Division, but not likely to cash.

Then you have this part of the 600 range that seems a little off

Has run three-in-a-row multiple times and maybe four-in-a row a time or two. High Run in 14.1 of 50-70.

Runs 3 or 4 racks per set?? Really?? My high run in straight pool is 64 so that stat seems to be right but 3 or 4 racks? My best is 3 racks and almost closed on the 4 but botched the 7 ball. On that particular day there was a horseshoe under the table along with my rabbit foot chalk holder and the 4 leaf clover in my butt cap.

It just seems the first part and second part are too far apart talent wise. Its very odd. :confused:

JC

Coos Cues
Why thank you!!! Im having trouble understanding the huge difference in the talent level especially in one division. For instance... The first part of the 600 rage sounds like it would be possible fit for me if im playing good.

600 Likely to cash in the BCAPL Open Division but probably won’t make it to the top 32. – may be in Advanced Division, but not likely to cash.

Then you have this part of the 600 range that seems a little off

Has run three-in-a-row multiple times and maybe four-in-a row a time or two. High Run in 14.1 of 50-70.

Runs 3 or 4 racks per set?? Really?? My high run in straight pool is 64 so that stat seems to be right but 3 or 4 racks? My best is 3 racks and almost closed on the 4 but botched the 7 ball. On that particular day there was a horseshoe under the table along with my rabbit foot chalk holder and the 4 leaf clover in my butt cap.

It just seems the first part and second part are too far apart talent wise. Its very odd. :confused:

I don't believe the standard was running 3 or 4 per set. I think it said has ran 3 or 4 from time to time. Big difference. I'm a 600 and I've never ran over 50 balls in straight pool but have put together some mild packages as described. Have ran 7 racks of 8 ball in gambling on a smart table. I believe myself to be a high B player which is why I thought 625 would be what you said.

JC

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have a high run of 51 and have run 3 packs from time to time, sounds like I fall into the same category or slightly under you guys.
Now if I start to implement fargorate into my weekly league, what's an efficient system for evaluating all the players and giving them starter ratings?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how do tournaments (non pro) get involved with Fargo rates?