Pool in Guangzhou, China

BennyPatrick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm heading to Guangzhou for work, will be staying in Tienhe and wanted to play some pool. Anyone from there or know the best places to play?

Any information would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm heading to Guangzhou for work, will be staying in Tienhe and wanted to play some pool. Anyone from there or know the best places to play?

Any information would be appreciated.

Doubt u gonna find many american pool tables in guangzhou.
Was there 1 yr ago, most has chinese 8ball, the only one i went has many pool table was horribly maintained.

Was in a couple cities in China n most pool room has chinese 8 ball tables with a few american pool tables.
Chinese 8 ball n snooker is the rage in china.
However if u go to Shanghai, its a different thing, many american pool rooms with the influx of taiwanese opening pool halls and ex taiwanese players being hired as house pros.

Good luck :)

BennyPatrick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doubt u gonna find many american pool tables in guangzhou.

Was there 1 yr ago, most has chinese 8ball, the only one i went has many pool table was horribly maintained.

Was in a couple cities in China n most pool room has chinese 8 ball tables with a few american pool tables.

Chinese 8 ball n snooker is the rage in china.

However if u go to Shanghai, its a different thing, many american pool rooms with the influx of taiwanese opening pool halls and ex taiwanese players being hired as house pros.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the info, I don't mind turning my hand to Chinese 8 ball. Can you recommend any spots?

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can find both Chinese 8 ball and snooker. Sadly I don't recall the names of these places, my mandarin is ......non-existent :sorry:

Ask in your hotel, they can always help!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I was there a few years back, we visited a huge sports complex in the upscale section of Guangzhou. They had a huge video game parlor with a lot of very innovative games that I've never seen here, a large ping pong parlor with maybe 30 tables, a nice bar and restaurant and finally a big poolroom (40+ tables) with mostly 9' tables and some snooker tables also. I think every table was going and there was a ring game on one of the front tables, four handed 9-Ball for about $15 (100 Chinese dollars) a man. I got in the game and me and one other guy finally broke the game. We were both winners. He wanted to raise the bet (to 200) but I didn't. He shot a little too straight.

I told him I would play One Pocket for 500 a game (about $75). He asked to play a practice game which I let him win and then we started for real. He kept losing and peeling off $500 (Chinese) bills which I handed to my girl, who had her friend with her. They couldn't believe it, and I told her to just stay quiet cause every time I handed her the money she got a little more excited. I won about seven or eight games before he pulled up. My only score ever in China! :thumbup:

I may have my numbers a little messed up but I made about $5-600 U.S. that night.

Last edited:

we.mazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if u come to Guangzhou,you really should try to play Chinese 8-Ball,it`s the most popular pool game in China , numbers of the snookers and amateurs now head to this type of game.Enjoy some new fun.

we.mazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry,i'm not local person there.but i find some information for you, maybe you can go:

3rd floor NO.318 building (opposite the Chebei Fire Station),Meijinghuayuan, Chebei Road, Tianhe District,Guangzhou.

Better to confirm the local colleages before you go.
good luck :thumbup: