Dennis vs Ko, race to 100, 20K.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just saw it on an upstate al stream. Mid January over 3 days.

On a triple shim table.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
format

Is it a magic rack and winner break, hope so. Tell me it ain't on a bar box. LOL

GoldenFlash

Banned
Dennis will win this match! You heard it here first. :grin:
I've often wondered about these big action matches (I'm just a nobody).
What keeps 4 or 5 guys with sawed off shotguns under their overcoats from strolling quietly into a place with $100,000 scattered around and just knocking over the whole place and blasting anybody who doesn't like it?
These events are heavily advertised. People just out of prison or trying to get there are always watching for a relatively easy pushover.
Just curious?
Is there armed security on the premises to handle this possibility??
Regards,
Flash

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What keeps 4 or 5 guys with sawed off shotguns under their overcoats from strolling quietly into a place with $100,000 scattered around and just knocking over the whole place and blasting anybody who doesn't like it?
These events are heavily advertised. People just out of prison or trying to get there are always watching for a relatively easy pushover.
Just curious?
Regards,
Flash

The money is usually locked up in the poolroom safe, so it's not that easy to get to. Some room owners carry themselves and some backers have their own security. Just saying, they aren't easy marks.

When Fatboy was carrying loads of cash, there was a plain clothes former Marine Green Beret close by him at all times. John was well armed and well trained, I knew he was there and very few others had any idea who he was. He stayed quiet and in the background. Looked just like any other sweater.

Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis will win this match! You heard it here first. :grin:

I'll be cheering for him. I've taken some lessons from Dennis at your house and he is a great guy. Ko has a great break so it will be challenge, but if Dennis is at the top of his game he has a good chance.

GoldenFlash

Banned
The money is usually locked up in the poolroom safe, so it's not that easy to get to. Some room owners carry themselves and some backers have their own security. Just saying, they aren't easy marks.
When Fatboy was carrying loads of cash, there was a plain clothes former Marine Green Beret close by him at all times. John was well armed and well trained, I knew he was there and very few others had any idea who he was. He stayed quiet and in the background. Looked just like any other sweater.
Interesting.
Especially since gambling in a pool room is illegal in most states.
Being a "security guy" or "carrier" at an activity which is illegal in the first place is questionable. (LEO's nowadays can become quite volatile)
Remember Johnston City and the "bad asses" there and how they groveled for mercy when the bust came down.
I'm not trying to stir up debates with any of you experts. Just a few guys like myself were cutting up jackpots about it at the poolroom today and I thought I'd bring it up.
Life goes on...

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Alt break would be good for Dennis and make him the very small favorite. Winner breaks give Ko the small advantage...IMO. Johnnyt

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This sounds like a tight table. With the break not as big of a factor, I say Dennis will win this match.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious?
Regards,
Flash

Can't speak for other pool halls but the ones I know are always very well protected. Someone looking to do that MIGHT make it in but they WOULD NOT make it out.

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the pockets are extra tight (like hard times) Dennis will have a chance. Dont know what triple shim means

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I'm of the opinion that Orcollo will get whooped by both Shane & Ko

It comes down to the break. Dennis is a stone cold killer post break but his break is below average for the top world class pros and dry breaks kill him over the long run.

If Dennis is doing the right thing and doing hours of working on his break and can actually get his break up to the same level of Ko or SVB he is going to be tough as nails because he rarely ever gives away racks once he gets control of the table.