Oldest pool halls in the US that are still in business?

I am curious to learn about the oldest pool halls in the US that are still in business, and how about also listing pool halls that you know of that remained in business for the longest time (that might now be closed)?

I was just watching a youtube video of a match that was at Hard Times (I assume they have an annual 10 ball open event, that draws a lot of the best players from all over the world), and that pool hall looks like a great classic pool room. I am betting they have been in business for a long time, but I have no idea.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raytown Rec in K.C has been around a long time. They have a 5x10Kling that came out of Kling's poolroom. Old-school walk-down basement joint. Very cool place.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Raytown Rec in K.C has been around a long time. They have a 5x10Kling that came out of Kling's poolroom. Old-school walk-down basement joint. Very cool place.

I was just going to post this about Raytown Recreation Pool & Billiards, they were established in 1959 I believe. Still family owned and operated (Don and Doug Brink, and don's son in law, Steve Hassle.

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
Hill's Recreation in El Dorado, AR has been open since 1929. 5 - 4x8 oversize Sport Kings, 1 - 5x10 snooker table, and 6 newer 4x8 tables. Great place in a small town. Many a lesson was learned on those tables.

hon400ex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Booches

Booches in Columbia MO is a really cool place to visit. It was founded in 1884. It also was voted top 20 cheeseburger or something.
Andy

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
The Jointed Cue in South Sacramento, CA. I believe it's been
in continuous operation since the 1960's. An Authentic Pool Hall,
just the way you always imagined one to be. The place exudes
Pool History, Major Tournaments (loaded with Top Pros), and
stories that will curl your hair. They sponsor several weekly
tournaments and several Ladie's and Men's Teams for Cal-State
8-Ball League, not to mention the Best Cheeseburgers in town.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IIRC, Chris Crisman opened Chris's in 1975. Before that most people on the near north side played at Marie's Golden Cue on Montrose. BTW, your link doesn't work.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
Sports Town Billiards in Orlando opened in the 1940's or early 1950's and still has a waiting list by 5pm everyday....

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Booches in Columbia MO is a really cool place to visit. It was founded in 1884. It also was voted top 20 cheeseburger or something.
Andy

Thats cool. The 1884 part...not a big cheeseburger fan. I can only imagine the stories that place has.

fat Albert

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oldest Pool Rooms

Picture of Georgia pool room. By looking at the picture and comparing prices on the menu I would say 1963 or 1964.

As far as the oldest in the USA Ortons in Wilmington N.C. Downtown on the Water makes that claim on their internet postings and reviews

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Smith's Billiards in Springfield, MA opened in 1902.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...wX6Ara9xTBGGUF1sA&sig2=kuw6h8Rq0bxN9Hbh8_fR2Q
As far as the oldest in the USA Ortons in Wilmington N.C. Downtown on the Water makes that claim on their internet postings and reviews

I think I got a line on that ghost that's been beating up on us pool players....
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...HwGXebYMUHE65_Tvg&sig2=lb0JC74FQQr8wC0VxNTfpg

Onepocket73

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just played in a tournament there a few months ago.It's still the exact same with the exception of 2 Diamond tables right in the middle.Gag me....I think Diamond tables are so over rated.I hate the way the 9 footers play.The 7 footers are a different ball game....love em.

nitty bitty

Registered
Picture of Georgia pool room. By looking at the picture and comparing prices on the menu I would say 1963 or 1964.

That stuff in that pic has been there a long time too.

I know they had some tables in there from turn of the century. I dk how long the place has been there, but its got to be top 10 oldest in the country I would think