Peripheral vision and perception CTE

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here it goes. Ive been a Cte user. Really enjoy this. Cte uses two lines. Some nights i see both lines slide in and bam pocket the balls. So i setup balls with notebook rings with shots i struggle with. Heres the question. If i set up with ETA i see it... now for the center to edge... this 2nd line is it seen with your peripheral vision? Slide over until it comes into you peripherally while still clearly seeing the ETA OR ETB!? .. Or is there ETA OR ETB pick up the line lock on.... now to picking up the CTE LINE. Once locked on to the Eta is it or should be a turning of just the head to pick up the cte line... then if you were to turn just your head back the ETA line WOULD BE VISIBLE ALSO ? I see Steve Moore do this veary quickly.! I hope i explained this right. This one step would clear so much up for me.I Really want to master this. What prompted these questions was the shish kabob video I saw you turning your nose. And just got the wheels turning. So then I loaded up some videos of Stevie Moore using CTE he gets down over the shot Wiggles his head to pick up his visuals Bam pocket the ball.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here it goes. Ive been a Cte user. Really enjoy this. Cte uses two lines. Some nights i see both lines slide in and bam pocket the balls. So i setup balls with notebook rings with shots i struggle with. Heres the question. If i set up with ETA i see it... now for the center to edge... this 2nd line is it seen with your peripheral vision? Slide over until it comes into you peripherally while still clearly seeing the ETA OR ETB!? .. Or is there ETA OR ETB pick up the line lock on.... now to picking up the CTE LINE. Once locked on to the Eta is it or should be a turning of just the head to pick up the cte line... then if you were to turn just your head back the ETA line WOULD BE VISIBLE ALSO ? I see Steve Moore do this veary quickly.! I hope i explained this right. This one step would clear so much up for me.I Really want to master this. What prompted these questions was the shish kabob video I saw you turning your nose. And just got the wheels turning. So then I loaded up some videos of Stevie Moore using CTE he gets down over the shot Wiggles his head to pick up his visuals Bam pocket the ball.

Pick up the aim line first and then the sight line. You won't be directly behind either line as if in your nose is looking straight down one of the lines. I promise to help out big time with this very thing during my free online update series.

Stan Shuffett

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I going to study the cue ball relationship to object ball aim points today! First no cue stick involved. Im going really pay attention to standing in between the two lines. From this position using my peripheral vision to pick up both perceptual lines. From standing in between these two lines I'm going to turn my head to the left or to the right until my perception picks up both of them at the same time. So in essence I'm going to use perception with peripheral vision to pick up these two lines that's what I'm going to attempt today. I'm going to get this I'm not going to wait for any videos I'm going to figure this s*** out. I really want to learn this. Don't take this as me being impatient. I know others are using cte and it works extremely well. Standing directly behind one line and trying to find the other is not going to happen.standing just inside of one line and seeing the other is just not going to happen. you got to see both lines simultaneously with peripheral vision then move in to direct center cue ball manual pivot. Thats the journey im on today with cte. If what im attempting to do today works out visually. I'm going to step into Center cue ball but use my peripheral vision to place the manual half tip pivot. Then pivot to Center. Now when I say use my peripheral vision for all this stuff. The cue ball and object ball they're only two and a quarter inches wide. It's not like I'm using my peripheral vision and looking out into Timbuktu. And then steering at Center Q-ball and using peripheral vision for half a tip manual pivot which is only a half an inch. Well anyways that's what I'm going to work on today and I'm going to keep on researching this and own it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I going to study the cue ball relationship to object ball aim points today! First no cue stick involved. Im going really pay attention to standing in between the two lines. From this position using my peripheral vision to pick up both perceptual lines. From standing in between these two lines I'm going to turn my head to the left or to the right until my perception picks up both of them at the same time. So in essence I'm going to use perception with peripheral vision to pick up these two lines that's what I'm going to attempt today. I'm going to get this I'm not going to wait for any videos I'm going to figure this s*** out. I really want to learn this. Don't take this as me being impatient. I know others are using cte and it works extremely well. Standing directly behind one line and trying to find the other is not going to happen.standing just inside of one line and seeing the other is just not going to happen. you got to see both lines simultaneously with peripheral vision then move in to direct center cue ball manual pivot. Thats the journey im on today with cte. If what im attempting to do today works out visually. I'm going to step into Center cue ball but use my peripheral vision to place the manual half tip pivot. Then pivot to Center. Now when I say use my peripheral vision for all this stuff. The cue ball and object ball they're only two and a quarter inches wide. It's not like I'm using my peripheral vision and looking out into Timbuktu. And then steering at Center Q-ball and using peripheral vision for half a tip manual pivot which is only a half an inch. Well anyways that's what I'm going to work on today and I'm going to keep on researching this and own it.

Very good.
Keep in mind that you can't view both lines simultaneously but that you can see a perception as a whole. From your peripheral base position, while standing, you must shift your eyes and their focus for seeing each line as a check.

Stan Shuffett

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes thats the trick Stan. Perceive the two aiming lines as a whole. So while studying the balls on the table. I just noticed that the pocket has influenced what I see in some cases. So as I'm in the process of locking down my visuals. I get a mixed message from the pocket behind the object ball so to speak. Now I've gone to known shots from the Pro 1 DVDs. That's all fine and dandy when the donuts are on the table. So for my next way of practicing categories A 15 and B 30 inside and outside sweeps. I'm actually going to put a curtain across the table and I'm going to take the pocket right out of my vision. This way I have to strictly focus on my visuals and all I have for information is two lines and sweeping into in the cue ball. This way every shot is going to present itself the same way. I will get the same visuals for every single shot My job is just making the correct sweep no pocket influence. Get down stroke it and listen for the ball drop. IT'S going to be no FEEL i just align and sweep into the shot. As for how to figure out what category I'm in. Actually that's easy I mean we all have a sense of where the pocket is. But for this practice session taking the pocket out of my vision behind the object ball will allow me to not be influenced by where it is. Thats the goal... lets see what i learn.

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should also add for this practice session. I'm going to stick strictly to the vertical axis of the cue ball no English. This is strictly for me to learn how to get on the shot line without pocket influence. Some of you might be thinking what about throw you not going to see what what's happening. CTE is supposed to favor a slight over cut takes throw right out of equation.

Last edited:

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well i finally had some time to shoot some bilnd shots this week. Set up to a blind corner pocket. Ob was set up on the foot spot line cb roughly two feet away from ob. Got out my notes for manually pivoting. Got my bridge distance... randomly hit shots. I made 30 shots to the left. They are mixed pivots left and right. Made all 30 cut shots to left. So im happy about this. Now i set up cuts to the right using the opposite pocket blind. Same deal using the foot string cb two feet away from ob all shots. I got different results made 21 out of 30 manually sweeping/pivot. My cuts to the right mostly too thick. I could tell because of how the cb came out of the corner. From what i could tell.. my bridge hand didnt come down on the shot correctly. I noticed on some of the shots i was looking directly down the shaft. That was the clue my bridge was off. So i found some things i need to work on. I only shot eta shots with inside and outside pivots for these shots. My thoughts on the session. I was surprised of how many blind shots i made. Granted they were easy shots blind. But remember this was for me to try and learn something. Im very impressed with how well CTE takes you to the shot line and finds the pocket Blind! In case your wondering those easy cut shots to the right. I miss those all the time during game play... thats why i did this test.. just thought id share this. Its not Cte its me not stepping into the shots on the right cuts correctly. What i did learn was trust your eyes The cuts to the left i made all. No pocket behind ob to influence shot picture. Trust what you see gets reinforced by pocketing the ball. Now to only get there with right cuts! I will do this again next time eta and etb shots... Also wanted to note that on left cuts it was very natural for me to pick up the ETA line 1st then pick up the Cte line. I find myself slightly favoring the inside ETA line more then pick up the CTE line. Was not the case for left cuts... just might have to favor the Cte 1st and then eta line.... reasoning stepping straight into the cue ball the same way for all shots whether they're left or right.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well i finally had some time to shoot some bilnd shots this week. Set up to a blind corner pocket. Ob was set up on the foot spot line cb roughly two feet away from ob. Got out my notes for manually pivoting. Got my bridge distance... randomly hit shots. I made 30 shots to the left. They are mixed pivots left and right. Made all 30 cut shots to left. So im happy about this. Now i set up cuts to the right using the opposite pocket blind. Same deal using the foot string cb two feet away from ob all shots. I got different results made 21 out of 30 manually sweeping/pivot. My cuts to the right mostly too thick. I could tell because of how the cb came out of the corner. From what i could tell.. my bridge hand didnt come down on the shot correctly. I noticed on some of the shots i was looking directly down the shaft. That was the clue my bridge was off. So i found some things i need to work on. I only shot eta shots with inside and outside pivots for these shots. My thoughts on the session. I was surprised of how many blind shots i made. Granted they were easy shots blind. But remember this was for me to try and learn something. Im very impressed with how well CTE takes you to the shot line and finds the pocket Blind! In case your wondering those easy cut shots to the right. I miss those all the time during game play... thats why i did this test.. just thought id share this. Its not Cte its me not stepping into the shots on the right cuts correctly. What i did learn was trust your eyes The cuts to the left i made all. No pocket behind ob to influence shot picture. Trust what you see gets reinforced by pocketing the ball. Now to only get there with right cuts! I will do this again next time eta and etb shots... Also wanted to note that on left cuts it was very natural for me to pick up the ETA line 1st then pick up the Cte line. I find myself slightly favoring the inside ETA line more then pick up the CTE line. Was not the case for left cuts... just might have to favor the Cte 1st and then eta line.... reasoning stepping straight into the cue ball the same way for all shots whether they're left or right.

Excellent! I appreciate you comments and break down for your blind shooting test.

Stan Shuffett

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very good.
Keep in mind that you can't view both lines simultaneously but that you can see a perception as a whole. From your peripheral base position, while standing, you must shift your eyes and their focus for seeing each line as a check.

Stan Shuffett

I found it! "The shift and their focus". For me its a toggle with the eyes then the picture forms! Its really incredible that how the 15 30 45 connect to the pocket. I finally see the balls differently now thanks to you. Now my next step is to relearn the manual pivots sweeps. So that everything i look at drops! Im amazed Stan. I believe now that i have a really solid understanding of whats going on. Im gonna let this thread die now . For anyone interested in Cte do yourself a favor before you take it up. You've got to push aside any other aiming system you've ever learned it will only hinder your visuals learning this CTE . BUT MARK MY WORKS YOU WILL SEE THE BALL DIFFERENTLY ON THE TABLE! Study the balls! This is a real gem. You folks have no idea what ive learned in the past two weeks. I also understand how a cue ball travels down the table and connects to the pocket with the 15 30 45 and 60 PERCEPTIONS! Thanks Stan you have shrunk my learning curve. Can't wait for the book.