Aim System? What does Johan Ruijsink use?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
OMG! Here is the aiming system that I want. Johan Ruijsink, The new coach of the American Mosconi pool team. Watch "The Billiard Brothers" on Youtube and see what his students can do. Does any of us wonder what kind of "aiming system" he teaches? Thank God we have a coach that can promote our players!
I am wondering when they will meet with the team and where?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
OMG! Here is the aiming system that I want. Johan Ruijsink, The new coach of the American Mosconi pool team. Watch "The Billiard Brothers" on Youtube and see what his students can do. Does any of us wonder what kind of "aiming system" he teaches? Thank God we have a coach that can promote our players!
I am wondering when they will meet with the team and where?

I don't wonder. I'd say it's called countless hours of dedicated practice using any system or method that leads to pocketing balls without having to think about any system or method anymore. Imo, of course.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't wonder. I'd say it's called countless hours of dedicated practice using any system or method that leads to pocketing balls without having to think about any system or method anymore. Imo, of course.

No doubt about it! BUT, if an "aiming system" were available, wouldn't the world's top coach promote it? Just asking here, not confronting any aiming system out there....

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No doubt about it! BUT, if an "aiming system" were available, wouldn't the world's top coach promote it? Just asking here, not confronting any aiming system out there....

Now you are just trolling.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Now you are just trolling.

That is your word, not mine. BUT, to say, why would the best coach we could possibly find for our Mosconi team (watch the Russians in their drills and watch the European team for the last 7 years or so with this coach), have to say about "an aiming system"? I would dearly love to know. If any of us get to meet him, let's ask him that. Isn't that important to every one here in the aiming forum? The top coach... the aiming system he uses!!! Let's find out!
I would like to know when he will meet our team and where about.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
That is your word, not mine. BUT, to say, why would the best coach we could possibly find for our Mosconi team (watch the Russians in their drills and watch the European team for the last 7 years or so with this coach), have to say about "an aiming system"? I would dearly love to know. If any of us get to meet him, let's ask him that. Isn't that important to every one here in the aiming forum? The top coach... the aiming system he uses!!! Let's find out!

My guess is he uses traditional old-school methods like ghostball and the quarters and hours of drills and diligent practice. It's called rote.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1. Don't make the mistake of confusing top coach with top instructor. They are not the same thing.

2. He is dealing with world class talent. I'm quite sure that he has noticed that world class talent doesn't have too big a problem with aiming.

3. Just because he is one of the top coaches does not mean that he knows all there is to know about pool. I am quite sure that he doesn't even know what most of the aiming systems even are. Let alone be familiar enough with them to know their advantages or disadvantages. Many of the systems are very recent in coming about.

4. Why should you care what he thinks of them? He isn't going to shoot for you. You would do yourself much better to find out what aiming systems can do for YOU. That is all that is going to matter if you aren't just looking for an excuse to knock aiming systems.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I'd rather have the top basketball instructor than learn from the top coach or from Michael Jordan.

I already teach a lovely aim system that brings players up fast but I avoid proselytizing it here due to firm AZ rules.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd rather have the top basketball instructor than learn from the top coach or from Michael Jordan.

I already teach a lovely aim system that brings players up fast but I avoid proselytizing it here due to firm AZ rules.

Good point.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member

Watch "the billiard brothers" on Youtube and see what the "coach" has the young guys doing. He may not be a coach for the Mosconi team, but he can teach pool!

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Aiming Systems are very personal!
Not everyone sees the same.

I don't teach aiming systems, I enhance them.

randyg

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And that would be why a system that works for one guy probably doesn't work another.

Lou Figueroa

Everyone CAN see the same thing.
I teach players what to see and how to align.
Is what I teach the only way? No, But what most teach is to get behind the center of the center of the cue ball where there is NOTHING to see. That's why you have no explanation for what you see between the CB OB.

Stan Shuffett

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Watch "the billiard brothers" on Youtube and see what the "coach" has the young guys doing. He may not be a coach for the Mosconi team, but he can teach pool!

I believe the questionable thing here is the difference between a coach and an instructor. An instructor teaches and develops a player's skills, a coach directs and coordinates skilled players. When lesser-skilled players don't make the cut, it's the coach's job to say, "I'm sorry, kid, but you're not good enough. Come back next year."

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Aiming Systems are very personal!
Not everyone sees the same.

I don't teach aiming systems, I enhance them.

randyg

Very well said. That's what a good instructor should do -- nurture fundamentals and enhance personal/natural abilities.:smile:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone CAN see the same thing.
I teach players what to see and how to align.
Is what I teach the only way? No, But what most teach is to get behind the center of the center of the cue ball where there is NOTHING to see. That's why you have no explanation for what you see between the CB OB.

Stan Shuffett

We all see things differently -- not only because we stand at the table at different distances, heights, and head tilts, but also because of different abilities when it comes to spatial relationships. Even culture can make a difference. Some people just cannot visualize as well as others.

There are all kinds of tests out there that demonstrate that not everyone sees the same, whether it's the color of a dress or lines that appear to be of different lengths.

http://www.bbc.com/future/bespoke/story/20150130-how-your-eyes-trick-your-mind/index.html

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We all see things differently -- not only because we stand at the table at different distances, heights, and head tilts, but also because of different abilities when it comes to spatial relationships. Even culture can make a difference. Some people just cannot visualize as well as others.

There are all kinds of tests out there that demonstrate that not everyone sees the same, whether it's the color of a dress or lines that appear to be of different lengths.

http://www.bbc.com/future/bespoke/story/20150130-how-your-eyes-trick-your-mind/index.html

Lou Figueroa

So, let's get this on record. Lou says...Players can't see center to center and reliably know a visual line from the center of the cue ball to the center of the object ball. ( Visual disabilities do not count.)

The same is true for a fractional CTE alignment. Everyone can see that even people that have never picked up a cue.

Here's the deal.....Your visual assertion is nothing more than one of your bullets for trying to kill CTE.

Stan Shuffett

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, let's get this on record. Lou says...Players can't see center to center and reliably know a visual line from the center of the cue ball to the center of the object ball. ( Visual disabilities do not count.)

The same is true for a fractional CTE alignment. Everyone can see that even people that have never picked up a cue.

Here's the deal.....Your visual assertion is nothing more than one of your bullets for trying to kill CTE.

Stan Shuffett

I'm saying that what I see as center, from where my eyes are when I stand at the table, probably isn't what you see as center from where your eyes are located. And I am definitely saying not all players can reliably visualize a line from whatever center they see at the CB to the center of an OB.

I play 1pocket with all levels of players but they have all been playing for many years and thousands of hours. But even having put in similar amounts of time they all play at different levels. Why is that?

Take a dead-on two ball takeout on the other guy's side where all you have to do is kill the CB. IOWs two balls near the other guys pocket and all you have to do is hit the first ball dead on (a straight center-to-center hit) into the side of the second ball and both balls go to your side.

How many times do you see average to better players blow this shot? A lot. How many times have you seen the guy miss the second ball entirely, actually make the first or second ball into the other guy's pocket, or just make a poor off side hit that screws up the shot? A lot.

Sometimes I play with a guy that's an excellent rotation player but is not as experienced at 1pocket and he cannot visualize a shot I'm telling him to shoot. Some guys, you tell them where to hit on the rail for a kick shot and they miss the simple hit to the rail. Other times it might be a simple carom and they hit the ball way too thick or thin. Why? After all, it's a simple visualization of a line, no?

Besides all that, not every player has 20/2O. In addition to different visualization capabilities some have less than perfect vision, different dominant eyes, some wear glasses, others contacts, or have amblyopia, glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, and so on. Blend all that with tall players vs short players, guys that get down low on the ball vs more erect players, guys with right eye over the cue vs guys with left eye over the cue vs guys that center their cue and there are all kinds of different lines to be seen.

Saying everyone sees the same lines is wishful (and false) thinking.

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm saying that what I see as center, from where my eyes are when I stand at the table, probably isn't what you see as center from where your eyes are located. And I am definitely saying not all players can reliably visualize a line from whatever center they see at the CB to the center of an OB.

I play 1pocket with all levels of players but they have all been playing for many years and thousands of hours. But even having put in similar amounts of time they all play at different levels. Why is that?

Take a dead-on two ball takeout on the other guy's side where all you have to do is kill the CB. IOWs two balls near the other guys pocket and all you have to do is hit the first ball dead on (a straight center-to-center hit) into the side of the second ball and both balls go to your side.

How many times do you see average to better players blow this shot? A lot. How many times have you seen the guy miss the second ball entirely, actually make the first or second ball into the other guy's pocket, or just make a poor off side hit that screws up the shot? A lot.

Sometimes I play with a guy that's an excellent rotation player but is not as experienced at 1pocket and he cannot visualize a shot I'm telling him to shoot. Some guys, you tell them where to hit on the rail for a kick shot and they miss the simple hit to the rail. Other times it might be a simple carom and they hit the ball way too thick or thin. Why? After all, it's a simple visualization of a line, no?

Besides all that, not every player has 20/2O. In addition to different visualization capabilities some have less than perfect vision, different dominant eyes, some wear glasses, others contacts, or have amblyopia, glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, and so on. Blend all that with tall players vs short players, guys that get down low on the ball vs more erect players, guys with right eye over the cue vs guys with left eye over the cue vs guys that center their cue and there are all kinds of different lines to be seen.

Lou Figueroa

Lou,

If ten experienced 1 pocket players are teaching 10 novice friends straight-in shots.....ALL of the players to include yourself are going focus your instruction on what to see, which is center to center and what to align to which is the CCB for the c to c alignment. If some of the friends can't see c to c with a little work then they need to find another game.
CTE is nothing more than teaching a player to see a line that represents an accurate perception....From there, it's align to a defined center.....its the same deal that the 1 pocket players just taught to their friends, it's tougher at first because it's odd and and different but it becomes dead simple EASIER THAN ALIGNING TO A STRAIGHT-IN in your world. AND ITS FOR EVERY STINKING SHOT.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Blaming stroke issues and bad alignment on the eyes not being able to see a straight line is a poor excuse.