Efren pointing to where CB was supposed to be

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but many times I see Efren point to, or tap the table with his cue, where the CB was supposed to end up. (He is not the only one who does this)

Maybe its just me, but I'm not a fan of that practice. I know he is just a little frustrated with his own shot, but to me it seems a little like complaining. I dont see the need for it.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You are probably correct that they do it out of frustration. I have a guy on my team that does it seemingly on every shot. I suggested to him that maybe he should point at his spot with his cue before he shoots rather than after.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but many times I see [posters start threads about random things ].

Maybe its just me, but I'm not a fan of that practice. I know he is just a little frustrated with [something] but to me it seems a little like complaining. I dont see the need for it.
There. Fixed it to address the irony.

-td ;)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are probably correct that they do it out of frustration. I have a guy on my team that does it seemingly on every shot. I suggested to him that maybe he should point at his spot with his cue before he shoots rather than after.
I feel it does help me to focus on position by pointing to where I want the cue ball to go. In case my position is working well it's also a strong psychological move.

As for the after thing, I don't mind it. Sometimes I'm asking myself, "Where on Earth did he want to go?" The pointing answers my question. I don't think of it as complaining. I think it's more like, "Well, that's how bad I hit it."

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but many times I see Efren point to, or tap the table with his cue, where the CB was supposed to end up. (He is not the only one who does this)

Maybe its just me, but I'm not a fan of that practice. I know he is just a little frustrated with his own shot, but to me it seems a little like complaining. I dont see the need for it.

Match up with him in one pocket with a rule he can't tap the table with his cue and let us know how it works out for you.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel it does help me to focus on position by pointing to where I want the cue ball to go. In case my position is working well it's also a strong psychological move.

As for the after thing, I don't mind it. Sometimes I'm asking myself, "Where on Earth did he want to go?" The pointing answers my question. I don't think of it as complaining. I think it's more like, "Well, that's how bad I hit it."

In my case, pointing to a spot before I shoot would only confirm to my opponent what he already suspects - that I have no idea where the CB is going - so I'd rather he think I intended to play into the side pocket and not know that I ran two feet long from my plan to play in the corner.

Although, on second thought, knowing that your opponent is missing his shape that badly and still getting on the ball might put someone on tilt too, so maybe I should try it!

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Most of the stupid things I do is out of embarrassment for shooting a terrible shot and try to play it off like I know what I'm doing. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well

Pool players have to have an outlet for emotions during a game. Pointing to where you wanted the cue ball to go and scratching his head is what Efren has always done.

Some take deep breaths, frown, smile, slam the chalk and tap their cue on the table.

They are humans with emotions trying to get rid of stress and showing frustration.

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd say the majority of the time Efren does this, he's almost laughing at how he missed position. I do the opposite - I seemingly get great position, but the OB rattles in the jaws... and I point at the pocket...:D

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Yeah, I have a good friend and back to back IL state winner that does this.

And yeah, it gets old quickly when we are playing. He does it and then gives me a look like see, this is were I wanted it so I can run out on you.

I just smile back and say," nobody cares, fuggin shoot already ";)

He's since moved back to Switzerland and now he's annoying folks in Europe :)

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because he's human and shows emotion . Maybe you should watch robots play so you won't be as bothered by the human condition

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank You!

Efren can do whatever the hell he wants:)

First of all he doesn't miss enough for it to matter, when he does miss he'll recover and run out our shoot a safety and control the table and as already said...,

Efren can do whatever the hell he wants!

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I enjoy watching Efren. Earl on the other hand? .... IDK - he just seems to complain a lot ... and never looks like he enjoys anything. Probably a great guy IRL though.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, let's see, I'll take Efren's tapping over: Earl's psycho-whining, Mika's baby-*****ing, Archer's "gardening", Hillbilly's "car-key shark",etc. any day. I never even thought about ER's tapping til this thread came up. I have ZERO problem with it.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's also a need for a 'visual' player to give the mind a clear picture
Of the result .... to compare to the idea.. so that the mind can compute
Better the next shot. I personally am a visual player, and if I don't give
Myself good feedback then it can get more difficult to get on track.

But that's just me. I'm a little different..... ;)

TD