Cyclop Balls

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to mention that I saw a set of the Cyclop balls in traditional colors last night, so apparently they are now available. A friend got a set for $150 plus S&H.

The CB in this set has a red diamond and the colors themselves are right, but richer and deeper than Super Aramith Pros. They look real nice.

Lou Figueroa

Lou, do you know where he got them from [the new colors]? I'd like to order a set. I don't see anything on Diamond's site. They are still advertising the Aramith brand on their site.

Thank you.

RadicalOne

PBIA Certified Instructor
Silver Member
Ordering CYCLOP sets from Diamond

Call Diamond directly and order them. I talked with Paul Smith at Diamond and I ordered a TV set and a "standard" color set.

Yes... CYCLOP does have a set with "standard" colors. Both sets are "in stock" at Diamond according to Paul. From what others have said, the standard CYCLOP colors are supposed to be very nice. I kind of like the TV colors, but I'm sure most will prefer something a bit more traditional (?). I'll post photos of the two sets when they get in next week and I'll also compare the CYCLOP "standard" colors to my set of Aramith Tournament (Duramith). Heck, I'll even take the photos against the Simonis blue cloth. ;)

Maybe I should use a decent camera for this?

Bigdogbret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the way they play. They don't seem to skid as bad as the Aramith balls and they do stay cleaner longer, especially don't seem to pick up the black marks from the Diamond pockets as bad as the Aramith balls did. I think they play more like the Brunwick Cennenials which I preger to the Aramith balls anyway.
You can buy these balls by contacting the the CSI office at www.playcsipool.com
They were selling the sets used at the BCAPL National Championships and U.S. Open events for $150 a set.
I have also heard these balls are a prototype and that a set with more traditional colors will be coming out. Not sure if this is true or not, just something I was told.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the way they play. They don't seem to skid as bad as the Aramith balls and they do stay cleaner longer, especially don't seem to pick up the black marks from the Diamond pockets as bad as the Aramith balls did. I think they play more like the Brunwick Cennenials which I preger to the Aramith balls anyway.
You can buy these balls by contacting the the CSI office at www.playcsipool.com
They were selling the sets used at the BCAPL National Championships and U.S. Open events for $150 a set.
I have also heard these balls are a prototype and that a set with more traditional colors will be coming out. Not sure if this is true or not, just something I was told.

CSI is out of them -- call Diamond. They have them in the traditional colors. Don't know how many sets they got though.

Lou Figueroa

RadicalOne

PBIA Certified Instructor
Silver Member
Pictures - TV Set and Standard Set

Here they are... I got these from Diamond Billiards.

2013-10-10

2013-10-10

I really like the "standard" color set. Great quality and the cue ball almost seems to "glow". :thumbup:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I like the traditional colors, except the 4-12 is better on the TV set because its version of purple is much different from the blue used for 2-10.

The traditional purple is too close to traditional blue.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like the traditional colors, except the 4-12 is better on the TV set because its version of purple is much different from the blue used for 2-10.

The traditional purple is too close to traditional blue.

So, I think we can apply for the az approved perfect cyclop appearance package which would be the lighter purple 4 & 12 balls and the slicker font they used on the tv balls.

that, to me, would be the perfect look. :)

btw, I've been using my set for about three weeks and they seem to be playing very well. Perhaps a minor consideration but it bothers me that the cue ball logo on the tv set I received is ever so slightly raised on the surface and I figure you should not feel it at all.

And while we're on the subject of the cue ball, I'd prefer the cyclop with the eyeball in the center. for whatever reason they removed the center do on the traditional color set.

I use the measel ball with them.

best,
brian kc

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the if above, is the Tv set the right or left? I like the colors on the right better. The left, the 4 and 12 are too similar to the 2 and 10.

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading through all 13 pages and finally getting to see pics of both the traditional and new style TV versions, I can't help agree that the TV version of the 4 & 12 would be better for both sets.

The style of number font on either ball is something that I don't mind either way, but I can't help thinking that since the balls were made from Hyatt machines used to make the original sets of Centennials, that it would have been awesome for the balls to be made with the same numbering layout design as Centennials, but with the more modern colours and font styles used.

I would like to get a set to try out, but I'm undecided on whether I would buy the Traditional or TV version :) lol

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try the traditional Cyclop ball set version for some advice - they are closest to what you/everyone is used to and you will not be disappointed. Here's the way to tell: play 3-5 racks with the Cyclop balls and then pull out any other set (including the cue ball with that set) like the great Aramiths or Centennials - and look CLOSELY at the surface and finish of each ball side by side - including the cue ball. The cue ball stays 99% clean - close to 100%. But pay close, close attention to the numbered balls under the table lights. The Cyclop balls are as close to unbelievable as you're likely to ever see - impressive to say the least - and we haven't even talked about how they "play". I own nearly every set of balls made from almost every year and I love the nostalgia and look of them all - esp the vibrant colors of the Centennials. The Cyclop play like no other though. Wow is a fitting word. Wished I was the one selling them ;-).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
After reading through all 13 pages and finally getting to see pics of both the traditional and new style TV versions, I can't help agree that the TV version of the 4 & 12 would be better for both sets.

The style of number font on either ball is something that I don't mind either way, but I can't help thinking that since the balls were made from Hyatt machines used to make the original sets of Centennials, that it would have been awesome for the balls to be made with the same numbering layout design as Centennials, but with the more modern colours and font styles used.

I would like to get a set to try out, but I'm undecided on whether I would buy the Traditional or TV version :) lol

I have heard many versions. Are the balls made using actual machines imported to China from Hyatt? I have heard that they are made from a secret formula given to Cyclop by someone connected to Hyatt.

These balls are nowhere to be found in China under the Cyclop brand. I looked because I wanted a set. I have been in two ball factories and one of them produces balls that are the functional equivalent to Aramiths.

So I know that good balls come out of China. But the story on these is still a mystery to me.

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
Purchased a set and with my luck got a bad set,guess thats why there not on the Diamond site,as Diamond does not stand behind them! Be forwarned...

What was wrong with the set of Cyclops balls? I purchased a used set from the derby for $150. They were opned new before the Derby started, so they only have 1 week of play on them. They look and play great. There is a definite learning curve for me though. The Cyclops balls just don't seem to "cling", or have the same amount of friction that my Super Aramith Pro's do. I missed a lot at first. I'm still trying to get used to them, but they are very nice.

ine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone.

I got a set of the Cyclop balls because this is what we are going to use in the Amway Cup. I always try to eliminate variables before I go to tournaments, and brand new balls are just that:) I have practiced with them for a few days now and I still mistake the six and the seven. For some reason my brain tells me that the light blue is the correct color for the six and all the guys practicing with me make the same mistake. Other than that they play ok. They are a bit heavier than the SAP tv set, but ok.

I personally prefer the SAP tv set, but it is just a matter of adjusting:)

Ine:)

Last edited: