Converting a Revo Shaft

Buddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you covert a radial pin Revo to a 3/8 by 10?It seems easy to me but I'm not a cuemaker so maybe its not

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know a cuemaker that could do this for me?

Sorry, can't help you with that. Find someone close to you, that is comfortable working on a Revo shaft. Don't be surprised if some turn you request down, those shafts are expensive!

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you covert a radial pin Revo to a 3/8 by 10?It seems easy to me but I'm not a cuemaker so maybe its not

There is nothing about the Revo that is easy. They scratch real easy. A good option is to use a short extension. I have seen people just run a different tap down and existing shaft. It's 50/50 at best.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is nothing about the Revo that is easy. They scratch real easy. A good option is to use a short extension. I have seen people just run a different tap down and existing shaft. It's 50/50 at best.

Mike,

Maybe I'm too simple minded, but couldn't you just "plug-and-tap" it?

Or are there other considerations beyond my imagination.

Dale

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,

Dale
As Webb pointed out, they scratch real easy and since it's just a thin carbon fibre tube, you have to watch that clamping preassure.
I made tapered Delrin collets for the Revo shaft. I made them longer and thicker than my usual collets, to make sure I distribute that clamping preassure on as much surface area as I can.
I'm just using a 3 jaw chuck, a 6 jaw would be much better suited.
Running a 3/8-10 tap through the existing hole seems like a bad idea. Radial is .312" regular 3/8-10 is .302"

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,

Dale

Hi Dale;
Did you ever have a customer who blamed you for everything wrong with his life?
Well, I have two! I did two tips for one guy, both revo's and my collet left a small scratch. I didn't even notice it but he did. Now him and his boyfriend are having a field day torturing my name. Revo's may play good but they are not as tough as I was told they were.

Last edited:

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Mike,

Dale

yes Dale there is
it's $500 for one of these
i wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole