A question for everyone.....a survey of sorts

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see 1200-1500 being acceptable but personally now I'd only spend 700-800 with 2shafts and classy looks

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I have had many, many custom cues and I finally found the one. I use a Predator Revo. I know you mentioned you didn't want Predator, but hell if it plays great why would you want something else. Mine cost $899.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have been wanting to buy a merry widow south west
i expect to pay around $3000

if barry is in the mood,i will paty him about $9000 for a bushka looking cue
but i am thinking investment

larry vigus makes really great hitting cues,i ordered a box cue from him for $3000
but to be honest,i have investment in mind here too

if i were to buy a cue with the idea of keeping it and playing with it forever
and investment meant nothing

i might be perfectly happy with a larry vigus,maple cue,it plays as good as any in the world
at least any but a south west

i have played cheaper cues that play great too
schon is sure hard to beat

JC

Coos Cues
I would be interested in why ppl feel they need a cue that's more expensive than a predator, McDermott, Cuetec etc.?

I like my cues like I like my woman.

When I take them out in public I don't want people "knowing" them.

Not necessarily more expensive. Just not ordinary. Don't want to hear about who else used to have that exact cue.

My cue, my woman.

JC

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Just did it... 2k for a Dan Janes cue. Would also go 2-3k for a Mottey, but he's retired. Will probably go 1200 - 1500 for a Steve Janes later this year, early next year.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$4-5,000 for a previously owned cue.........$6-7,000 if a cue was being custom built for me.
It would not have to be a design as fancy as the cues I own but the cue must have points,
veneers, simple forearm inlays and the same for the sleeve. If the cue wasn't going to be
a full splice design,the cue would have to have rings......and everything ivory (ferrules,
big pin flat ivory joint & butt cap). Like I wrote,the design doesn't have to be fancy but for
what my budget is, the cue-maker's design has to be a lot more than just a player design.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
If I didn't have at least a decent game and I'm playing w a $1000 or more cue I'd feel like the wannabe.

To each their own though.

For some money isn't a concern.

So, nobody but a skilled race driver should buy a Porsche or a Ferrari?

Definitely, to each their own.

Last edited:

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
So.....here's what I want to know:
How much would you be willing to spend for a pool cue? It's that simple.

I'm NOT talking about collectible vintage cues or cues you're buying to hold onto until the cue maker dies.
I'm NOT talking about generic mass production junk.
I'm not talking about McDermotts or Predators or Budweiser or NFL or Falcon or Cuetec or Scorpion or APA or anything OTHER than that which comes from the hands of an actual cue maker.
I'm not talking about number of inlays or doodads or gimmickry or buttons and whistles.
I'm talking about the high quality custom cue you want to play with for the rest of your life; the cue you spoke to the cue maker about building to your specs.
How much??????

Max price would be $2K