Position Play by Robin

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
I was almost expecting to get rick rolled when I saw the youtube link instead of an ebay link, lol.

Love the guy who wants 1275 bucks for a Winning One Pocket book but shipping is 3.21 for standard shipping. Like anyone would pay that much and then have it sent regular mail.

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of curiosity, I looked at the ad. Asking price: $ 899,-
It's a very good book. I have a copy.
But puhleeeeze... Unless it has next week's Dow Jones numbers or Sir Edmund Hillary's autograph, that asking price is ridiculous.

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in 2011 I met Eddie Robin while we both watched the USBA National Championship which was held in his home town Las Vegas. He was very gracious and had many stories to tell about the game, the players, and of course his books. I hadn't heard about him before then, but later learned who he was. The history of the creation and publication of his books, the drama and intrigue he told of, could itself make a good book!. Sadly, at the time he was subsisting on book sales from the dwindling inventory of his one pocket books. Although I didn't play that game I later bought a copy from him and he autographed it for me. Having met him I got to following ebay for sales of anything of his that might turn up. It turned out that in July... only month or so after we met... an ebay seller had Position Play up and I won it... for the princely sum of $145.24 delivered. If I had 100 copies today I'd call it a 401K. Robin's books will only increase in price as the years go on, if not for the rarity, or the instructional value, then for the legend.