Walt Harris Billiard Atlas Complete Set

carom33

Registered
I am offering for sale all four volumes. 2,3 and 4 are dedicated and signed by Walt. They are soft cover and in excellent condition.

I will pay shipping.

carom33

Registered
The books are an encyclopedic reference for 3C with very few applications for pool. They cover basics, equipment, technique and especially systems based on hundreds of interviews Walt conducted with players. A few of the chapter titles are:

Deadball system
LaGongle's Short Bridge
Bernie's Umbrella Tracks
Ashby's Reverse the Rail
System Sid
Sang Lee's Manufactured Short Angle
Rail First Hit Method
SEMI-spin SHOTS
End Rail First Tracks
Basic Training
The Long Angle
The Mental Side
The Short Game
Angle Stretch
Speed
Vertical Axis

There are 800 total pages. The above is a tiny example.
The notation is quite easy to comprehend given the hieroglyphics we are usually subjected to. It is also interesting when Walt gets a hint of the system or technique from a player who will not reveal the finer details, fearing competitors. I expect any bidding to start at $350.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The four volumes of the Billiard Atlas are still available new from Robert Pavia who took over Walt's site when he died. The total cost of a new set of four including shipping is $107. Volumes 1 and 2 are on CDs but 3 and 4 are the original paperback version.

If you want just one of the volumes to see what's there, it is $34.50 including shipping.

http://www.billiardsatlas.com/atlas.html

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The books are an encyclopedic reference for 3C with very few applications for pool. They cover basics, equipment, technique and especially systems based on hundreds of interviews Walt conducted with players. A few of the chapter titles are:

Deadball system
LaGongle's Short Bridge
Bernie's Umbrella Tracks
Ashby's Reverse the Rail
System Sid
Sang Lee's Manufactured Short Angle
Rail First Hit Method
SEMI-spin SHOTS
End Rail First Tracks
Basic Training
The Long Angle
The Mental Side
The Short Game
Angle Stretch
Speed
Vertical Axis

There are 800 total pages. The above is a tiny example.
The notation is quite easy to comprehend given the hieroglyphics we are usually subjected to. It is also interesting when Walt gets a hint of the system or technique from a player who will not reveal the finer details, fearing competitors. I expect any bidding to start at $350.

Perhaps the best and most complete books on systems ever compiled. I even have the honor of forty pages devoted to my clock system. If you are a student of the game and do not have these books you know nothing.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Perhaps the best and most complete books on systems ever compiled. I even have the honor of forty pages devoted to my clock system. If you are a student of the game and do not have these books you know nothing.

does anyone know which book and pages this is in ??
i couldnt find it

Last edited:

SLNegative9

Registered
The four volumes of the Billiard Atlas are still available new from Robert Pavia who took over Walt's site when he died. The total cost of a new set of four including shipping is $107. Volumes 1 and 2 are on CDs but 3 and 4 are the original paperback version.

If you want just one of the volumes to see what's there, it is $34.50 including shipping.

http://www.billiardsatlas.com/atlas.html
I had no idea that Walt passed away until now. Rest in peace, Walt. We last emailed each other in July 2017. When did he pass away? His website no longer works. How can I contact Robert?

Happy New Year to you all.

Semper fidelis,
Frank

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had no idea that Walt passed away until now. Rest in peace, Walt. We last emailed each other in July 2017. When did he pass away? His website no longer works. How can I contact Robert?
The numbers I have for Robert Pavia have been disconnected. He used to live in Palm Bay, FL.

The website was working through December of 2020. Here is the home page, which you can see at archive.org (which tries to keep all web pages from forever):

CropperCapture[844].png

SLNegative9

Registered
The numbers I have for Robert Pavia have been disconnected. He used to live in Palm Bay, FL.

The website was working through December of 2020. Here is the home page, which you can see at archive.org (which tries to keep all web pages from forever):

View attachment 622378
Thanks for sharing, Bob. I was very sad to read the news on a festive day such as New Year's Eve. He is sorely missed. He was a very enthusiastic and helpful author.

Frank

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a link to the webpage the last time it worked:

I have some extra copies of most of the Atlases. I even have a full set of the Korean translation available.

SLNegative9

Registered
Here is a link to the webpage the last time it worked:

I have some extra copies of most of the Atlases. I even have a full set of the Korean translation available.
Thanks, Bob. Do you have Volumes 1, 3, and 4 in digital format? If so, how much are they?

Sincerely,
Frank

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Volumes 1 and 2 are $40 each including shipping. These are used in good to excellent condition. I may have some that are signed by Walt which would be $50.

Volumes 3 and 4 are $30 each including shipping. These are brand new straight out of the printer's box.