Phillippi Custom Cues?

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone out there who's played with one give me any feedback on how they play? Was at the regional apa tournament here in Maryland this past weekend and he was the only one there doing any cue repair or work. My team captain said he's pretty well known in Maryland and one of the first cue makers he's heard of. Apparently I thought I knew alot of the cue makers here in my home state but I guess I'm sadly mistaken. Lots of people there said his cues are great so I'm interested in finding out more. Thanks.

make an appointment, spend some time figuring out what you want, test shoot a few while you're there
i had Phillippi and anyone who tried mine liked it, it was ok

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have seen and played with numerous ones over the years and everyone from plain to super fancy plays solid that I have shot with. I love his shaft taper. His repair work has always been top notch that I have seen. It is my opinion that his sneaky Pete's are among the best out there. These are just my humble opinions.

playability-affordability

I own about 10 cues, 2motteys,1shick,1webb,1sugartree,1searing and 4phillippi cues; over the years I've played with all of them in tournaments, but none has made me more cash than the phillippi's I just keep going back to them. His repair work is as good as it gets and compared to other cuemakers that have been making cues as long who else makes a sneaky pete for 400-500 hundred dollars; for the quality of work you get, nobody makes them more affordable.

Slow Eddie

I only look Filipino.
Silver Member
I've got two Phillippi cues: a fancy player and a sneaky jump/break. I came into the player before I even knew what a good cue was; now it is the standard against which all my other playing cues are judged. Bought the jump/break cue. in the Sales forum here on the reputation o my playing cue alone, and was not disappointed. Will more than likely get a player shaft for it so I can bring a less flashy cue than an ivory-inlaid 6pointer into the bar.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ricky phillippi is and outstanding maker,and his father made cues with all the best

I have flat faced, and piloted steel and Ivory joints. I bought an extended length cue, with 45 ivory inlays-its perfect yet from 2003!!!! The stell joint plays very soft. I compared the phillippi's to Richard Black similiar models. Winner was Richard and Ricky Phillippi. I have also sent repair work in(for 20 yrs.) - he is fantastic, fair prices,usually too cheap,and always on Time!!!! It is a cue that lasts a life time! mark

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well if I get another cue I will definitely give Phillippi a thought. Thanks guys for the info.

Shark88

Registered
Well if I get another cue I will definitely give Phillippi a thought. Thanks guys for the info.

My Phillippi is dated 1989. I got it used about 18 years ago and had him refinish it about 8 years ago so it looks new again. I will probably pass this on to my daughter some day, its a work of art in my eye.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tip he put on for me a few weeks ago just popped off on a firm draw stroke shot. $40 down the drain.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tip he put on for me a few weeks ago just popped off on a firm draw stroke shot. $40 down the drain.

That is fukked up! You wanna play some?! haha

I have owned Phillippis and they have all been non-fancies. The ones with the piloted joints play jam up, IMO.

dockiv

Registered
Phillippi

Richard "Rooster" Phillippi is a Very Fine cuemaker..He will Hand make a Cue any way you want it...And Customer service is second to none. He is also a very good Bar Box Player

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I got one also, its a sneaky pete with butterfly points at the butt. This cue hits second to none. I just wish there was more straight pool tournaments, I would dust it off and it could possibly run hundreds.