get in stroke before a match

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It usually takes me an hour or two to get dialed in. By the end of the night, I'm feeling very confident and precise, but I usually start off very shaky. Specifically, my stroke just doesn't feel solid and straight.

Any suggestions for a warm up to get loose quickly? I feel like it's just a physical thing...tightness, tension and things like that.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like shooting one time "Line up" drill. easy shots and you have quite easy position too.
It will work better if you practice it a lot first.
After drill gets "too easy" it is efficient way to get fast into the stroke. I normally do it in order just to get little bit more cueball speed dialed right.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I remember watching Alain Martel warm up for a few of his matches and he just hit balls at pace with little regard for position or even pocketing the ball. It was really wild, if you didn't know who he was you might have thought he was a beginner. Then the match started and he didn't miss anything and demonstrated near perfect position. It must have been his way of loosening up.

I don't necessarily recommend his approach, nor have I tried it, but it has always stood out in my mind.