Stolen Cues

strike9

Registered
I recently had a one of a kind cue stolen and came across a player with it two months later. It was obvious that he had not stole the cue, and taking it back would have been as wrong as the person who stole it from me. I hadn't filed a police report, where I could have called the police and the cue would have been returned. So I bought it back for what he had into it, which was less than half of what it is worth. I had also bought two new cues. Every cue I buy from now on will have my name written inside the butt underneath the butt cap and I will file police reports on any cues stolen in the future.

Don't hesitate to file police reports!!!!
that is where I messed up.
Your statement on placing my name on the cue is one Great Idea! But I am going a step farther and getting a jeweler inscribe my name where it cant be removed! Thanks for the Idea!

moose man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stollen car with cues and case inside.

My car was stollen from the Hilton DoubleTree Hotel in Colorado Springs last night (7/22/14) and my 3 butt x seven shaft Instroke case (the tooled leather case that looked kind of two-toned with light and dark leather) full of cues was in the trunk (along with a set of Aramith Tournament balls and a bunch of other shite). In the case I had a thirty something year old, perfect condition McDermott C8 that I had just gotten back from McDermott where it was refinished, a new Irish linnen wrap etc etc. Showroom condition, not even chalked. I also had a Predator Roadline Sneaky with a Z2 shaft; a Predator BK2 break cue and Predator Air cue that was owned by Tony Chohan; a custom carom shaft that had a 3/8-10 joint and would screw onto my McDermott cues that I had Shawn Putnam custome make for me. I will give a nice reward for any info leading to the cues, and an even better reward for any info that leads to me getting my hands on the thief !!

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My car was stollen from the Hilton DoubleTree Hotel in Colorado Springs last night (7/22/14) and my 3 butt x seven shaft Instroke case (the tooled leather case that looked kind of two-toned with light and dark leather) full of cues was in the trunk (along with a set of Aramith Tournament balls and a bunch of other shite). In the case I had a thirty something year old, perfect condition McDermott C8 that I had just gotten back from McDermott where it was refinished, a new Irish linnen wrap etc etc. Showroom condition, not even chalked. I also had a Predator Roadline Sneaky with a Z2 shaft; a Predator BK2 break cue and Predator Air cue that was owned by Tony Chohan; a custom carom shaft that had a 3/8-10 joint and would screw onto my McDermott cues that I had Shawn Putnam custome make for me. I will give a nice reward for any info leading to the cues, and an even better reward for any info that leads to me getting my hands on the thief !!

Was the car recovered yet? Details to help identify the car just in case it makes it out my way would help.

moose man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was the car recovered yet? Details to help identify the car just in case it makes it out my way would help.

No, nothing recovered so far. It was a 1996 red Mazda Miata with a tan rag top and tan leather interior. It seems unlikely, but who knows, maybe someone will spot it. Features to help identify it include a SS exhaust that has the words Racing Beat on the tail pipe.

adrock1988

Stolen 8-15-14 Bay Area, CA 314-2 w/ Lucky L22 & Action 05 Break

I had my vehicle stolen while shopping at the Home Depot in Oakland, CA. Got the truck back minus some things. Pictures of the stolen items including my cue's are

Here

Pred 314-2 3/8x10
Lucky L22

Action 05 Jump/Break
Stock shaft

2x2 Black case with Predator and APA stickers

E-mail or PM any info

Thanks

Last edited:

captain_caveman

Registered
Matt Hall of Greensboro NC
Lifted my cue case with around 3k worth of cues and accessories at The Clubhouse in Lynchburg VA. Only agreed to bring then back after learning they had the whole incident on camera. Beware of this lowlife if he is ever around at your pool hall. I will include pictures please share with your friends as crap like this should not be tolerated.... uploadfromtaptalk1408987024309.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408987037017.jpg

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Prince Lundgren Cues Stolen in GA here is the thief

POSTING FOR A FRIEND...

BUYER BEWARE!!!

His name is Jeff Mann from Lafayette Georgia.
He claims to trade or buy cues with you, Do not do any business with this man. He stole my equipment pictured below. Tim Prince cue from 2007 and an early Eric Lundgren custom cue. If this man is on here please call the Lafayette police at (706) 638-1909. Please share this on all pool cue buy and trade sites. Thank you.

Attachments

• Prince stolen cue.jpg
    Prince stolen cue.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,518
  • Prince stolen cue 2.jpg
    Prince stolen cue 2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,659

johnthebassist

Registered
Spotted...

USERNAME Ronson...This is my first action here.YOUR MCDERMOTT IS ON EBAY AT A PAWN SHOP IN OREGON.LISTING IS MCDERMOTT POO KM STICK WITH PREDATOR SHAFT. Stufforegon on ebay, ilikestuff.com

johnthebassist

Registered
Found...

Spotted Ronsons' cue(Mcdermott) on ebay.At a pawn shop ALONG with 2 more if his cues.I called him to let him know and YEP..3 out 4 are there.One lesson here to everyone who's had an asshole steal their cues..Keep the faith.If it wasn't for AZ I would never have seen this of course.I'm in Detroit and he in Portland.Good luck to you all and have a great holiday season.

Ronson

Registered
Recovered stolen cues!!

^^Big thanks to Johnthebassist!! It's people like you that make the world go round. I got a random call last night while I was in pool league, and he explained how he found my gear. He even sent me links to the ebay sales. I tried but he would not accept any reward, he said the story was good enough for him.

A quick follow up call to the deputy sheriff assigned to my stolen property case, and it appears that I will be picking up my 4 stolen cues as soon as she gets back from holiday vacation. So chalk this one up as a success story! Thank you Johnthebassist, and thank you azb Forum! Good luck to everyone searching for stolen items,, happy holidays.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to johnthebassist again :grin:

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stolen Jacoby Cue

1384230637971.jpg

1393459948419.jpg

1393459948646.jpg

1393459949062.jpg

1393459949294.jpg

This Jacoby cue was stolen from my car in Honolulu a while back. If anyone has any information on this cue, please let me know. It also had a first gen Z shaft with it.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10532347_10203376284389481_7413510739572229846_n.jpg

10885422_10152941553082380_7986896902986171945_n.jpg

Local pro Kurt Kobayashi's cue that was stolen last night in Honolulu.

From Kurt's facebook:
It's a maroon George 3x6 case. My tad cue as in picture and a mezz dual force jump break cue. If anyone has any info please contact me or if it is returned to me I will pay a reward fee. I'm in the process of filing a police report after I finish watching my security camera footage so I have a better idea on the time frame. Thank you

rpetersen21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ATTENTION POOL PLAYERS & FRIENDS: High priced CUES stolen from BACK ALLEY in McAleste

ATTENTION POOL PLAYERS & FRIENDS:
Late Thursday evening / Friday morning, Back Alley Billiards in McAlester was robbed. The thieves BROKE our front glass doors, pried open the door to our pool hall, then stole around $10,000 of brand new CUES and CASES.
STOLEN: Three high-end Meuccis, four Pechauers, a limited edition Preditor (SE27 this was #46 of 125), a McDermott with points in the shaft, a Katana, and Elite with Checkerboard wood wrap and an extra tall Custom "hal" cue! I have attached a picture of the Preditor (Retail $2,000).
REWARD: Although we dont have much to give, we will give a $1000 gift certerficate to the pool hall for information leading to the arrest of the individuals who did this OR to the recovery of our property. Call Rachel with any info at 510-290-3599
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST!

John Daminato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
REWARD: Jacoby cue MIA in Chicago

Hey everyone,

My teammate's cue went missing from American Ale House on the north side of Chicago on 1/28. It's a Jacoby with purpleheart butt sleeve, curly maple forearm with purpleheart points, MOP and holly inlays, and black leather wrap. $500 reward for information that leads to return, no questions asked. Any information, reply to thread or contact the owner directly.
10943767_10204995528424683_1611366850873212316_o.jpg

Last edited:

WolfBreed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt Hall of Greensboro NC
'Lifted my cue case with around 3k worth of cues and accessories at The Clubhouse in Lynchburg VA. Only agreed to bring then back after learning they had the whole incident on camera."

I know this guy. The 2nd pic was taken at Gate City Billiards in Greensboro, NC. I'll make sure the regulars know. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

poolkid93

Registered
This is my Ed young that bought recently I played with it for 2 days straight and when I put it up in my case someone went into my case stole it out of there with both shafts please help find it or if u have any info PLEASE I've never had anything like this before and I need it:(:(:(:(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,063