anyone know this person making new rails for brunswick tables?

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
The map in the listing shows Minooka, IL. as the location. That is where Jerimy Chambers is located. Since there was previous talk of him making these rails, I would guess that this listing (as well as several others, in major cities throughout the U.S.) is his.

They look like a nice product. I would like to know a price.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

I asked the same question here on LA LA Land's Craigslist.

RKC replied:

That's Jerimy Chambers building new rails for Brunswick tables, he'll find out the market place won't support what he's thinking is going to be a gold mine. The end results are you receive a new set of rails that are not fully finished, they still require the rail trim from the old rails to be transfered to the new rails. If you have GC1, you better hope and pray the trim fits on the new rails or you'll never get the rail blinds hooked up. If you have a GC3, you have to remove the trim and remount it on the new rails....and, you're relying on the local table mechanic to to this work if you're a customer, which still does nothing to straighten out the rest of the table to make it complete and playable. Mark Gregory and i talked about this and we both agreed, we'd never buy new rails because we rebuild them new anyway.

bradsh98

Silver Member
I asked the same question here on LA LA Land's Craigslist.

RKC replied:

That's Jerimy Chambers building new rails for Brunswick tables, he'll find out the market place won't support what he's thinking is going to be a gold mine. The end results are you receive a new set of rails that are not fully finished, they still require the rail trim from the old rails to be transfered to the new rails. If you have GC1, you better hope and pray the trim fits on the new rails or you'll never get the rail blinds hooked up. If you have a GC3, you have to remove the trim and remount it on the new rails....and, you're relying on the local table mechanic to to this work if you're a customer, which still does nothing to straighten out the rest of the table to make it complete and playable. Mark Gregory and i talked about this and we both agreed, we'd never buy new rails because we rebuild them new anyway.

I'm not so sure that I buy this argument...

Swapping the trim is easy. The only time that it's a problem, is if the screw heads are destroyed. Even that isn't a huge issue. Since these rails are produced as a direct replacement, I can't really see much reason why the old trim wouldn't fit. What would be really nice is if the new rails are pre-drilled for the trim mounting holes.

As far as relying on a local technician to do the install: I would think that if a customer is dumping the kind of money that it takes to purchase new rails or have his rails rebuilt, he will likely make sure that he has a reputable technician to do the install..

The major benefit to purchasing new rails, over having rails rebuilt, is that the new rails will actually look new (with a choice of finish), as opposed to the old worn out or broken formica.

I think that it all comes down to price. That will determine whether or not there is a market. Even still, I don't think that it will have too much of an affect on the other technicians in the line of rail rebuilding.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
From my untrained eye they look good. It is also nice to have the option of putting brand new rails on. Also seems like a bonus if they are heavier than the Brunswick rails. One feature that could affect the decision (besides pricing) to buy new or rebuild would be if the pocket casting is lowered relative to the rail to make the castings flush on the top. I have never studied the feasibility of doing this but I would think if you were starting with a clean sheet of paper (or wood in this case) that it would be possible. I love my GCI and I do not think I would even consider trading it for a 9' Diamond but I wish that some things were different about the Gold Crown. 1: Flush pocket castings 2: I wish that the feather strip that holds the cloth was a little higher relative to the cushion, its easy for your cue to ride on the Formica instead of the cushion cloth 3: Flush mount tag on head rail (I would guess I could do that myself with a Dremel if I were so inclined.

bradsh98

Silver Member
From my untrained eye they look good. It is also nice to have the option of putting brand new rails on. Also seems like a bonus if they are heavier than the Brunswick rails. One feature that could affect the decision (besides pricing) to buy new or rebuild would be if the pocket casting is lowered relative to the rail to make the castings flush on the top. I have never studied the feasibility of doing this but I would think if you were starting with a clean sheet of paper (or wood in this case) that it would be possible. I love my GCI and I do not think I would even consider trading it for a 9' Diamond but I wish that some things were different about the Gold Crown. 1: Flush pocket castings 2: I wish that the feather strip that holds the cloth was a little higher relative to the cushion, its easy for your cue to ride on the Formica instead of the cushion cloth 3: Flush mount tag on head rail (I would guess I could do that myself with a Dremel if I were so inclined.

The casting issue that you are referring to is the result of over-tightening. Either the casting ears have been bent, or the wood on the rails has been compressed. You can shim the castings on earlier Gold Crowns, which will get them close to flush. You can't get them completely flush, without interference with the blinds. Even still, the castings are rounded, and, with a clean fit, will stick up slightly anyway.

In regards to the featherstrip, a proper install will leave the cloth/featherstrip flush with the formica, or just slightly above.

You can use a chisel and utility knife to easily recess the name badges. Of course, these new rails eliminate that concern altogether.

Hi to those of you who don't know me. Yes it is I who is making the rails and will have a few things to say as soon as I finish some things today. I will be happy to answer any questions you have after that. Ty.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
The casting issue that you are referring to is the result of over-tightening. Either the casting ears have been bent, or the wood on the rails has been compressed. You can shim the castings on earlier Gold Crowns, which will get them close to flush. You can't get them completely flush, without interference with the blinds. Even still, the castings are rounded, and, with a clean fit, will stick up slightly anyway.

My corner and side pocket castings are not bent, I just wish they were flush mount like a GCIV

Ok, sorry for the delay. Regarding the new rails I am making... I would appreciate it if all questions could be directed to me personally. This will avoid any confusion or inaccurate information to be given concerning the rails.

Now that's out of the way... I build custom pool and billiard tables and have for over 20 years now. I was a second generation mechanic long before any of that so I know my way around any table you can throw at me including the 35 antique tables I have in stock. As a seasoned pool table mechanic I was addressing a problem that mechanics like myself were facing with pool halls needing they're tables recovered for the 30th time with original rails. I got tired or redoing subrails and cushion conversions at a ton of time, labor and distance having customers upset because of the down time of their tables and such. I have invested a whole lot of time and money into this. Gold crown rails are not an easy rail to produce and believe me I know because I have made rails for dozens of other types of tables. The GC 1's and 2's were well engineered from the factory. The tables are built very well and will last through many generations. I however took the liberty of making a few improvements over the original rails that make a big difference. I never thought about this being a "gold mine" as a matter of fact I don't believe I am charging enough for them. Try producing a set to these standards...They will stay flat and never twist. It is very costly.... But They will make a Gold Crown come to life. I prefer to deal with mechanics mainly just because they are the ones who will be installing them. So if your a mechanic and have an interest feel free to contact me for pricing. Sets will average retail between $1000-$1500. If you cannot find one in your area contact me I will see what I can do.

For the record I am not saying that every gold crown needs a new set of rails... some are ok to be resubrailed and such. This is only offered as an option. I personally just don't see it as much of an option if you have no down time and you can keep your originals... These can ship to your door or your mechanic can bring them and install them properly.

As far as the aluminum extrusions are concerned... its a valid and invalid point... I will have to offer the gc1 &2 without new extrusions until I get a die made. I will be offering the gc3 with new extrusions. It is "MY" sole responsibility to provide a product that I can stand behind. I would not be selling a product that would not fit your original extrusions... The reason why is I am offering a money back guarantee with each set. If you don't like them for any reason and return them to me within 30 days undamaged. I will fully refund the cost of the rails. period! Try getting that kind of promise out of a rail rebuild.

Look folks I'm not trying to hurt anyones business. Im offering a you a new option in your sales list. Your customers will be pleased with both the appearance and playability.

For those with concern I just made and installed 14 sets on all the tables at "Redshoes" in Alsip il. There has been not a single bad response to the new rails as a matter of fact everyone is thrilled to put it lightly...I engineered the rails for correct geometry and playability. Stop by and play one for yourself.

If you have interest in becoming a distributer feel free to contact me at (708)574-9888 Thanks again for taking the time to read this, Jerimy.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Can you post pictures of the billiard tables youve made?

Or do you just mean pool like everyone else when you say pool and billiards

You may have me on this one... it's been many years since I had to make a 3c table just don't get a lot of demand. Of the less than a handful I have made and from what I can remember they were only 8 or 9' tables made to match custom pool tables that I made for them. If you really want pictures I will have to go digging and I would prob be taking a picture of a photograph to display which I feel is unessesary because they weren't anything special only 1" slate matching tables with billiard rails mainly. Don't get me wrong they were ok and played good for a home just not a commercial billiard table like you may be looking for. Im not here to advertise my work and if you can see from my amount of posts that I don't do much here. I was merely protecting the integrity of a product that I am offering. Feel free to call me if you have any other inquiries. Thanks again, Jerimy.

I think calibrated is an odd word for this but point taken. If someone orders a set with modern k-55 profile then yes it will be made specifically for that cushion to be applied with the correct geometry. For those of you who feel they want to set their own cushions and such I can provide blanks with subrails unbeveled so you can make your own provisions. I will however not be held responsible for the playability of those rails after they have been modified and they will be marked as blanks. To those who know what they are doing I feel strongly they will not find a better base to start with. This is only something I am kicking around at moment so if it draws enough interest I would be happy to provide that. Ty, Jerimy.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I installed a set of Chambers Billiard Company rails over the weekend. What a fantastic product!

4svCh8r6TeWs1G2K3

qtfiaNKlUi1yFViX2

Y89UrP7gwX8DrDDF2

uGjgbPOzBrlFQwii1

On9rRGFsYe7daY6e2

Pics did not show up for me? But then when I quoted the links showed and I looked from there. They look awesome! I am very interested in a set for a GC3

Trent

bradsh98

Silver Member
Pics did not show up for me? But then when I quoted the links showed and I looked from there. They look awesome! I am very interested in a set for a GC3

Trent

You would think that it would be easy to share embedded photos... Not for me, I guess.