2017 American 14.1 Championships

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Peter Burrows has announced the dates of the 2017 edition of the American 14.1 Championships:

Diamond Billiards, Midlothian, VA. Players Meeting 11:00 a.m. Tues., Oct 17; RR matches following. Elimination Fri-Saturday. US Open 9B begins Sunday.

$300 entry, $40,000 prize fund as before, pay thru 24 spots, we estimate below. ($10k, $7k, $3k/$3k, ...)

At this point he is contacting previous players to reserve their spots. This schedule is a day earlier than previous events to eliminate the overlap with the U.S. Open 9-Ball, which caused travel problems for the finalists.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Peter Burrows has announced the dates of the 2017 edition of the American 14.1 Championships:

Diamond Billiards, Midlothian, VA. Players Meeting 11:00 a.m. Tues., Oct 17; RR matches following. Elimination Fri-Saturday. US Open 9B begins Sunday.

$300 entry, $40,000 prize fund as before, pay thru 24 spots, we estimate below. ($10k, $7k, $3k/$3k, ...)

At this point he is contacting previous players to reserve their spots. This schedule is a day earlier than previous events to eliminate the overlap with the U.S. Open 9-Ball, which caused travel problems for the finalists.

This is turning out to be a great event. I almost went out to watch last year. Maybe this year.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hoping my fellow house pro at Bayshore Billiards and real good friend Blair Levandowski plays in it this year. He played in the US Open 9 Ball last year and didnt know about this event.

He's been hitting some nice hundreds pretty frequently lately, we have it a point to start recording some of his play, though he's not sure if he wants to put it up on social networks.

He pretty regularly plays with Tommy Walters over at Cue Bar in Queens NY. so you can see where some of his roots are being planted in the great game of 14.1

I'll share the info with him the next time i see him, and tell him to get his money in to reserve his spot. he seemed real interested the last time i spoke to him about this even of Peter Burrows and Staff

-Steve

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Hoping my fellow house pro at Bayshore Billiards and real good friend Blair Levandowski plays in it this year. He played in the US Open 9 Ball last year and didnt know about this event.

He's been hitting some nice hundreds pretty frequently lately, we have it a point to start recording some of his play, though he's not sure if he wants to put it up on social networks.

He pretty regularly plays with Tommy Walters over at Cue Bar in Queens NY. so you can see where some of his roots are being planted in the great game of 14.1

I'll share the info with him the next time i see him, and tell him to get his money in to reserve his spot. he seemed real interested the last time i spoke to him about this even of Peter Burrows and Staff

-Steve

When did you become a "house pro", Steve? What does that entail?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
When did you become a "house pro", Steve? What does that entail?

I've been for some time now.

It intails, promoting the room/game, working with players as far as lessons, and running leagues/tournaments. and representing the room to the best of my abilty.

In return i get all the practice time i want, and possible compensation towards playing in events and payments for extra duties such as the leagues/tourneys.

I Do not brag or boast about this like some other players do on various social networks, i am just happy to be doing my part.

Steve
~The Commish

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I've been for some time now.

It intails, promoting the room/game, working with players as far as lessons, and running leagues/tournaments. and representing the room to the best of my abilty.

In return i get all the practice time i want, and possible compensation towards playing in events and payments for extra duties such as the leagues/tourneys.

I Do not brag or boast about this like some other players do on various social networks, i am just happy to be doing my part.

Steve
~The Commish

That sounds good. I know you do a helluva lot of work promoting the room and the league and straight pool in general. It's nice to get a little something back.

Good for you.