If you don't understand CTE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plenty of us understand the system. It's been explained in numerous ways and there are still some that don't understand.

That can only mean one of two things.

A. Those who understand are more intelligent
B. Those who understand are less intelligent

If A is true, then will those that still dont understand, admit they lack the intelligence to understand the system?

If B is true, then why would those who don't understand wish to lower their intelligence in order to understand a system which they have no interest in using?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plenty of us understand the system. It's been explained in numerous ways and there are still some that don't understand.

If A is true, then will those that still dont understand, admit they lack the intelligence to understand the system?

If B is true, then why would those who don't understand wish to lower their intelligence in order to understand a system which they have no interest in using?

Well, with this post, at least we can be sure which group you belong to. :wink:

More to the point, though, when you say you understand the system what exactly are you talking about? Everybody understands the a,b,c's of lining up for a shot and hitting it, but it seems to be a mystery to all CTE supporters, and I suspect even to Stan, about how it actually works.

The skeptics understand that the gaps in CTE are filled in by a player's experience. "CTE Pro1 GFY" cult members dispute this yet at the same time are unable to present a plausible explanation. The closest thing I've gotten is that the rails and pockets cause an optical illusion that makes a visual appear to be the same all the time yet yield different shot results. I'm not buying that, sorry.

So, since you understand how CTE works, do you care to enlighten the rest of us?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Instructions were unclear. Tried to do CTE and GFY simultaneously. Now my cue is stuck. I don't know wether to call a proctologist, a brain surgeon or a pool instructor?

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Didn't you quit using it?
Rodney Morris, I believe quit using it as well.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't you quit using it?
Rodney Morris, I believe quit using it as well.

I quit using it exclusively. Tough to say I would NEVER use it again.

As far as Rodney, I only remember him talking about it after he beat the 13 ball ghost. But I don't recall him mentioning how long he was using it prior to that or, or how adept he was with the system. I mean if he just learned some visuals and sweeps, and only used it for a short while I wouldn't consider him a user.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As far as Rodney, I only remember him talking about it after he beat the 13 ball ghost. But I don't recall him mentioning how long he was using it prior to that or, or how adept he was with the system. I mean if he just learned some visuals and sweeps, and only used it for a short while I wouldn't consider him a user.

With the amount of balls he missed in the Mosconi Cup he should give Stan a call.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is in poor taste to attack someone who can't defend themselves.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: (hat tip to Rick English!)

Actually i was complimenting Rick, and i think he would have appreciated that.
After all he invented an aiming system at 13 and taught his college class as a student when the professor needed a day off.

Now how about your obsession with Stan. He has clearly banned himself yet you keep attacking him with your bullshit.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Rodney NEVER said he uses CTE. He said his friend Stevie Moore showed him some things about CTE and as a result he was hitting the balls better than ever.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well, with this post, at least we can be sure which group you belong to. :wink:

More to the point, though, when you say you understand the system what exactly are you talking about? Everybody understands the a,b,c's of lining up for a shot and hitting it, but it seems to be a mystery to all CTE supporters, and I suspect even to Stan, about how it actually works.

The skeptics understand that the gaps in CTE are filled in by a player's experience. "CTE Pro1 GFY" cult members dispute this yet at the same time are unable to present a plausible explanation. The closest thing I've gotten is that the rails and pockets cause an optical illusion that makes a visual appear to be the same all the time yet yield different shot results. I'm not buying that, sorry.

So, since you understand how CTE works, do you care to enlighten the rest of us?

No YOU don't understand how the lining up and hitting work. You seem to still think that sighting a 3/4 ball perception is the same as a 3/4 hit in the CTE system.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney NEVER said he uses CTE. He said his friend Stevie Moore showed him some things about CTE and as a result he was hitting the balls better than ever.

How did that work out for him against Shaw not too well , but that's just him what world top player is using CTE , Shane , Alex , Wu, Chang , any snooker players , Hedry Ronnie ,

I'm all ears here

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
How did that work out for him against Shaw not too well , but that's just him what world top player is using CTE , Shane , Alex , Wu, Chang , any snooker players , Hedry Ronnie ,

I'm all ears here

They all use CTE. Prove me wrong.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=307955&highlight=morris
Rodeny Morris Beats the 13 ball Ghost usng CTE
Race to Ten.

"Just beat the 13 ball ghost ten ahead in two hours flat." - Rodney Morris

Here Rodney is explaining the Ghost Ball in response to a fan's question in the same thread on FB

Rodney Morris speaking to Naldo V Troncoso, "the ghost ball is the imaginary ball I envied to envision for my point of contact. I put a ball directly behind the object ball going straight into the pocket I'm shooting for, then I imagine the cue ball taking the place of that ghost ball, or imaginary ball that I'm envisioning. But I don't use that anymore. I was shown a better way to aim. That's why I'm hitting em a lot better. Stevie Moore showed me a little about CTE Pro1. Center to Edge got me started in the right direction, and I'm practicing that for awhile now. Pretty neat"

BurritoBandido

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

C. They do not have the material or have not read to understand the material. I find it extremely difficult to believe that players of the caliber we have around here can not pick this system up quickly, seems like they are just trying to prove it doesn't work for the sake of saying they proved it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.