Joe Baker Custom Cue: My Review

incidentslip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw Joe practically give away a 3 pointer on the buy/sell forum here on AZ. Looked like a very nice cue. I read the review that the buyer posted, which was very positive, and a second from Bamacue's which backed it up. So I figured what the heck. I contacted Joe to see what he had in the works. He told me that he had a Bacote PJ that was just about ready, sent pics and a price, which was very reasonable. I went for it. When it arrived, I was very impressed by how well it was put together, and how solid it felt. It is 19.5oz, but when held from the balance point, it feels much lighter...very well balanced. When the cue is in shooting position, the weight is forward, where it should be, and makes stroking effortless. The cue has a firm, but lively hit, which puts nice spin on the CB. It is also very forgiving on straight, no english shots from a long range. For the price, I highly recommend one of Joe's cues to anyone thinking of buying a production cue $600 and under, you will simply not find a better cue in terms of asthetics and playablity in this price range. There are a lot of really good sneakies out there in this range, but few cues that match the nice woods, and compliments that this cue has. Joe is also very nice to talk to and deal with. Some of the top players in my area that have tried this cue concur with everything that I've observed and are going to be in contact with Joe about one of their own. VERY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!:D

Upon further review...the cue ball control that I get with this cue is absolutely stellar. I had a little reservation about the stock Triangle tip, but the control I got last night was absolutely amazing, almost a no-brainer parking the cueball almost anywhere on the table at will....CUDO's Joe

Last edited:

JBCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow guys thanks for all the kind words and here is a pic of the cue if anyone is interested.. Its hard to see but the cue has double brass rings in all positions..

IMG_0291.jpg

Last edited:

incidentslip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue looks exactly like mine....buyer won't reget it...they play phenominal!!!!!!!!! I flat out love mine...and I own a few from legendary maker's...Do it...you will not regret it....Joe know's what he is doing...his waiting list is gonna get long very soon. I am very pleased to get in on the ground floor. Keep up the excellent work Joe...you make great cues!!!!! I do wish that I ordered mine with 2 shafts though...man they play well....Triangle?????...lol

Last edited:

JBCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
incidentslip said:
This cue looks exactly like mine....buyer won't reget it...they play phenominal!!!!!!!!! I flat out love mine...and I own a few from legendary maker's...Do it...you will not regret it....Joe know's what he is doing...his waiting list is gonna get long very soon. I am very pleased to get in on the ground floor. Keep up the excellent work Joe...you make great cues!!!!! I do wish that I ordered mine with 2 shafts though...man they play well....Triangle?????...lol

Thats because it is your cue.. I just posted pics of it for people could see..