Varney suped up hustler review (long)

pooltableproCP

Is there a problem?
Silver Member
Well as promised, here is my review of my much anticipated Kevin Varney "fully raced" players cue. First of all, there was a lot of flak flying around (some by me) regarding the lead time on his cues. I ordered and payed in March 2007 100% up front. At that time the lead time discussed was roughly 90 days. Now, I know there is no way in Hell that 90 days is a solid lead time on any cue. I received the cue in Jan this year (2008) Compared to other models I have seen, this one was not as nice in the wood quality and finishing as I expected. I think it's fair to say though, that after that much anticipation, no cue was going to knock me off my feet. Having said all that, the cue has excellent balance, and has a very solid, controlled hit, with surprisingly little deflection. The joint fits snug and clean, and the roll is perfect. It makes that perfect sound at contact with the ball. As far as playability (for me) is concerned, I think that the Varney product is very competitive with more expensive makers. This cue has earned a place in my case.
Varnfull.jpg
[/IMG]
Varnhandle.jpg
[/IMG]
Varnjoint.jpg
[/IMG]

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
pooltableproCP said:
This cue has earned a place in my case.

Thank you Chris. As everyone knows...playability is #1 with me. With all of the extremely fine cues you've had your hands on....I'm extremely honored that this one goes in your case.:)