Paul Mottey

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have owned just about every cuemakers cue out there and there are many fine cuemaker and you cant go wrong with atleast 10 or so of them but I always go back to pauls cues.The work is top notch and for ME the hit feels just right. Every cuemaker's cues hits alittle different and it all depends what you like but investing in a mottey has always been a good one for me. He uses many diferent joints and will make what ever you want. Some of his work has inspired many of the newer cuemakers and his peacoks and basically all of his inlay work is second to none.

asiasdad

Banned
cuedoctor said:
I have owned just about every cuemakers cue out there and there are many fine cuemaker and you cant go wrong with atleast 10 or so of them but I always go back to pauls cues.The work is top notch and for ME the hit feels just right. Every cuemaker's cues hits alittle different and it all depends what you like but investing in a mottey has always been a good one for me. He uses many diferent joints and will make what ever you want. Some of his work has inspired many of the newer cuemakers and his peacoks and basically all of his inlay work is second to none.

I would also say Paul is in the Top 10.
I know for a fact that should I only ever get to keep one cue,
it would be the Mottey.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=82853&highlight=50th+birthday

Last edited:

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
yup.. my amboyna paul mottey was my first real custom cue after owning lots of schons and joss's and whatever...

i have quite a few cues and i am positive its one cue that i will NEVER EVER sell...

chris

MyMottey2.jpg

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Mottey Aesthetics

I still look in awe at the amboyna and ivory Mottey rectangle cue I bought from Joe Salazar. Mr. Mottey has a gift for pairing materials and veneer colors. The cue plays great too.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm new to the custom scene and have only shot with an Olivier, Rick Howard, and a Andy Gilbert so my words dont mean as much as others here.

To me, Mottey and Jeff Olney have the cleanest looking work to this untrained set of eyes IMO. As far as hit I wouldnt know. JMHO.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
here is another mottey i used to have.. sold it to my cousin.. so i know it has a loving home ;)

chris

102_2918Medium.jpg