Mike Webb cues

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friend and OUTSTANDING cuemaker.

Fit and finish as well as playability are on par or better than anything I have ever played with.

The coco cue in my sig is my playing cue and I have another being made as I type.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Koop said:

Fit and finish as well as playability are on par or better than anything I have ever played with.

The coco cue in my sig is my playing cue and I have another being made as I type.

He also does very affordable and timely repair work.

JV

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Webb cues are become more and more classy with every new cue he built. Had a chance to examine a few of his newer cues and I have to say those butterfly points are beautiful and his cue just feel right in your hand!! You don't have to hit with his cue to know that it's a player's cue. Definitely one of the better maker on the market right now and one to look out for in this market. Not to mention he's a little busy in his shop right now with orders. :)

Regards,
Duc.

itmc80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Webb Cues

Koop said:

Koop,

I completely agree with you. I have owned 4 and currently have 2 of them. They play incredibly well and he is a great man on top of that. His finish work is impeccable. I could not ask for better communication throughout the process.

Best,
Ian

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've known Mike since before he started making cues. I've talked alot of cue theory with Mike over the years. I've never met a man of such character. Always wanted to built up his business based on his own work and knowledge. I still have one of his cues today, but at one time, I had a BEAUTIFUL snakewood cue with an ivory ff joint. Boy, did that cue hit well. John Wright called me one night for a favor and I sold it to him. I owed John one, so despite my reservations, off it went. Ugh. If I ever see this one again on Ebay....If you can find his older pre-cored cues (triple silver rings were his early trademark), don't let go of them. Despite my general objections to cored cues, he'll be making one for me this spring. I've owned mottey and josswest and a bunch of others and his really do hit as well as any of them. One of the best wrap guys ever....super on linen and one of the best with a leather wrap.

tim

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have known Mike for some time now and have had at least ten or more of his cues, all i can say is you cant and wont find a nicer guy who knows his trade and treats people as he would like to be treated... As for the cues , i havent owned one that didnt play fantastic literally....:)

Tank138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree

pooldogue said:
I have known Mike for some time now and have had at least ten or more of his cues, all i can say is you cant and wont find a nicer guy who knows his trade and treats people as he would like to be treated... As for the cues , i havent owned one that didnt play fantastic literally....:)

I agree with you Dog .
He is a Good Friend to both of us .Mikes cues are the Nuts ! He is doing some incredible work ,his Fit ,Finish & play-ability is second to NONE! :) Nice & crisp players.
I love my Full Splice you sold me . He should make more of them But we both know he never will.:D
TANK

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Mikes' Stuff Just Keeps Gettin Better And Better.

Bogey Has An Awesome Rosewood On Rosewood. The Cue Tip To Butt Is Flawless.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
Mikes' Stuff Just Keeps Gettin Better And Better.

Bogey Has An Awesome Rosewood On Rosewood. The Cue Tip To Butt Is Flawless.

I have ivory point Webb cue with solid ivory joint that I bought from one of the AZ WHO WRITES IN ALL CAPS. This cue plays very very well for me. Can't really pin point to why it plays well but it does. I typically use the shaft from this cue if I'm playing with another radial pin cue.

Only thing I don't like about my cue is "rounded" inlays in the butt sleeve.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Jazz said:
I have ivory point Webb cue with solid ivory joint that I bought from one of the AZ WHO WRITES IN ALL CAPS. This cue plays very very well for me. Can't really pin point to why it plays well but it does. I typically use the shaft from this cue if I'm playing with another radial pin cue.

I REMEMBER THAT CUE, IT WAS A PLAYER. I'M NOT A FAN OF THE "ROUNDS" EITHER, BUT MIKE'S STRUCTURAL BUILD IS AWESOME.

P.S. I HATE THOSE GUYS THAT TYPE IN CAPS.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
fast_n_loose said:
i Remember That Cue, It Was A Player. I'm Not A Fan Of The "rounds" Either, But Mike's Structural Build Is Awesome.

P.s. I Hate Those Guys That Type In Caps.

YA, I THINK THAT CUE HITS AT LEAST TON AND A HALF LAST TIME I MEASURE IT :D

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jazz said:
Can't really pin point to why it plays well but it does. I typically use the shaft from this cue if I'm playing with another radial pin cue.

Must be that Pixie dust I stole from Peter Pan, My favorite cues have no inlays at all but I'm working on it. Getting more comfortable with that hobby knife every day.

Thank you to all for the kind words.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional photographer

Since the arrival of my newest Webb cue I thought it was time for me to write a review and share some pics of my pair. First off, everyone knows that Mike and I are friends so there is a tad bit of bias when it comes to my opinion of him and his work. That being said, I will try to be as objective as possible.

The first cue Mike built for me is the cocobolo and maple cue. When first ordered he knew I was playing with a Joss and we decided to keep the butt diameter around the same. The points and veneers are absolutely flawless along with the balance and weight, which he hit right on the head. After some time of playing with it I realized that I don?t like the thicker butt and without hesitation he took it back, slimmed it down and gave it back, all within a couple of days and at no charge. Did I say that Mike is a great guy to work with? This cue plays fantastic and the looks are out of this world. So much so that my wife took claim to it

So fast forward to my newest cue, which is MINE...
I have wanted a bocote / ebony cue for quite some time and thought it was about time that I did it. Mike let me pick out the piece of bocote and off he went. During the entire process, of both cues, he gave me regular updates and gave me options along the way. My first instinct was to go with no veneers but he talked me into a single veneer to separate the points from the forearm. I have to say he was ABSOLUTELY right. What a difference. He also suggested a black linen wrap. At first I was hesitant but again he nailed it. As with the first cue the points and veneers are sharp and dead even. We went with an ivory hoppe ring surrounded by silver rings which really make it pop. To top it off the ring work near the joint is just beautiful. All in all this is my favorite cue to date from Mike and thankfully it?s mine.
Now came the best part. I went out last night and shot with it for a solid 6 hours. All I can say is that Mike never ceases to amaze me at not only the beauty of his cues but how they play.

I hope you enjoy the write-up and pics. For anyone considering a cue from Mike, you will not be disappointed.

Regards,
Koop

IMG_1847.sized.jpg

IMG_1848.sized.jpg

IMG_1849.sized.jpg

IMG_1833.sized.jpg

IMG_1814.sized.jpg