Andy Gilbert cue

showtruck2020

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know what a mint 10 point flame vaneer gilbert is worth with 2 shafts, and it is also a 60 inch cue. ebony flame cue

Eric Wynne

Banned
Pics would help ... Andy makes a great playin' cue , a master builder ... If it's what I imagine $1000 to $1200 if primo condition ... I've sold a few of his cues before he got well known ... He's cool papa ...

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JohnPT said:
The 60 inch length should'nt really affect the price.

you don't think so? it would eliminate me as a posable buyer. i'm used to nothing longer than 59 and nothing under 57. even andy says the extra length makes the cue play less stiff.

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Some history

I've been buying Gilberts for a while and I have run into this flame cue several times. It started as a set with a jump break that had the same ringwork but no points. They were seperated when the seller put them both on E-bay.

The cue surfaced again at the VF Expo in a prominent collector's booth. The following year it was offered in the case of a New England dealer (same cue, no booth). I never saw it offered for less than $1000 and I recall it selling for around $1200. (definitely worth more though).

Those veneers really exploded on an all ebony cue. Ebony on ebony with flame veneers up and down. SW style ringwork matching the veneer colors. No inlays. Great player's weight and 60". I remember the cue well. Don't know why it hasn't found a permanent home but I would caution you to play with it before investing. It was obviously built to a buyer's custom specs. If we are discussing the same cue, it has had at least 4 owners since it was made.

On the strength of that cue, I have put an order together with Andy for something similar in 58" length. I never saw a flame cue I liked as much. Andy's work remains among the best out there. If you have other questions, try asking the cueaddicts. I don't recall them owning this particular cue but they are the best Gilbert experts this side of Andy's shop and they are reliable people.

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
For those of us who shoot with a 60incher, it would make the cue much more desirable for me to want to buy it. I recently bought an 8 point ebony 60" j/b made by Andy. It plays lights out!! I just have to have the shafts turned down to what i'm used to.
Here's a pic:
MyEbonyGlibert2.jpg

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ABall said:
For those of us who shoot with a 60incher, it would make the cue much more desirable for me to want to buy it. I recently bought an 8 point ebony 60" j/b made by Andy. It plays lights out!! I just have to have the shafts turned down to what i'm used to.
Here's a pic:
MyEbonyGlibert2.jpg

oh yeah that used to be zeeders

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
This may be the cue in question. If so, here's the scoop.....it should retail about 1400 or so from Andy. It's been sold and resold a few times in the 1000-1200 range. Matt ended up buying it last year, I think of eBay (for a price that he just couldn't not buy it at) and he later resold it to a local buddy of ours. Not sure where it's at now though. Nice little cue for sure.
Worth 900-1100 all day long imho. I think folks have seen this cue for sale so much that people shyed away thinking something might be wrong with it....it's a solid cue though....perfect for somebody looking for a long cue with that joint setup.

Andy builds a super nice cue for the money. I'm now playing with my full splice that he built me for the SBE show. It really plays lights out !!

Thanks for the kind words, Gian. :)

gilbert-matt-21-fh.jpg

gilbert-matt-21-bh.jpg