Sugartree or Gilbert

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Can't go wrong with either. Great cues by great guys. It would come down to what exactly was available in my price range at the time I was looking to buy.

If you are talking about ordering a custom cue just get both. :D

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
both play good and both are well made. For that same price range there is a guy in Alaska you might want to look up as well.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't go wrong with either. Great cues by great guys. It would come down to what exactly was available in my price range at the time I was looking to buy.

I agree buy them both, :thumbup:

I like Erics cues a little better because I have played with lots of them and ALL of them played great. Gilbert sure does do nice work and makes beautiful cues.

AnthonyLewis208

I need to speak with the architect of this S-show!
Silver Member
Kind of like asking what should I try, chocolate or vanilla icecream?

Both are loved by the masses, just comes down to individual taste.

I would opt for a scoop of both!! :D

shit..now I am hungry for icecream :smilewinkgrin:

GL with your sugar sir ;)

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member

I got both (not currently for sale) :D

I was not a fan of Gilbert cue until I got a fancy one and it plays GREAT.

Eric's cues play great and very consistent in hit and I like his new taper.

I think Gilbert cues are a bit easier to find in secondary market although I see more ST cues popping up these days. I think Gilbert cues are more easier to get from the cuemaker directly as well as I don't think Eric is taking any new orders.

paulybatz

"The Professor"
Silver Member
My .02

I got both (not currently for sale) :D

I was not a fan of Gilbert cue until I got a fancy one and it plays GREAT.

Eric's cues play great and very consistent in hit and I like his new taper.

I think Gilbert cues are a bit easier to find in secondary market although I see more ST cues popping up these days. I think Gilbert cues are more easier to get from the cuemaker directly as well as I don't think Eric is taking any new orders.

I agree with HH, I owned several gilberts, none of which I have today, though there were two that Id like to have back as break cues!!!

I have since been lucky to play with Eric's cues and have to say that his cues are my current favorite, I rank him up there with anyone...but it is all subjective, a lot of the time weight and shaft diameter are most important for certain players, so my suggestion is ALWAYS go to a show and play with the gamut