Looking to buy a snooker cue

whipy

Pool Guppy
Hey boys n galz,

I'm looking to buy a snooker cue but I really have no idea what to look for, although I've been told to stay away from 2-piece cues. Price range around 200$. I'd like to know what you guys prefer/recommend in terms of brand, wood types, etc, and what you look for in a snooker cue.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A freind just got back from visiting Dan Wutke in Chilliwack , B.C. Canada. That all he can talk about now is the quality of workmanship and materials this guy uses. Address 5553 Teskey Road , Chilliwack B.C. Canada V2r 3y7 Ph- 604 824 2141

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have 2 snooker cues, one from mastercue (thailand) and one from mastercraft (england). both are really good for the money, a heck of a lot cheaper than a say a parris. i prefer the balance of a 3/4 jointed cue, but there is nothing wrong with 1/2 jointed, but obviously it has a very different balance. many prefer 1 piece, but it's hard to carry around. i think the most important thing is to get a piece of ash with a nice grain pattern and grains that aren't too dense or too wide apart. straight grain is the most important IMO, and flowers/chevrons less so. the taper would be the other major factor, some like slim and some like it fatter. i like something right in the middle, not too stiff, not too whippy. of course that is somewhat subjective...

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
http://home2.btconnect.com/chesworthcues/index.html

That guy is local to me. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and he's always been very informative about cues and very easy to get along with. I've never played with one of his cues tho (i rarely play snooker) plus you might have to up the budget a little.