Just accept it and move on....

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Why is it so hard to accept the fact that some people will not accept XXX aiming system? I thinks it because of ego.

Ego in that one can not accept the reality that XXX aiming system is not a cure all for everyone.

I use GB and believe in training with Babe Cranfield's Arrow. I have accepted the fact that this is not for everyone. I've accepted the fact that there are those that will always search for the magic bullet, that will support the system of the week, the product of the week. These type of people are everywhere in life and so it is the same in pool.

Just accept that there are people with their own opinions and that is all they are opinions. This trying to convert people over to XXX aiming system shows how insecure they are in the worth of XXX aiming system or maybe more how worried about how sales maybe be affected.

If someone finds worth in XXX system, great, if not, so what? XXX system still lives on for those that will find worth in it. It is better to spend your type with people who find worth in XXX system than to keep trying to convert those who do not find the same level of worth as some. That's life.

Last edited:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think thaty Babe Cranfield's Arrow is a great learning tool and gives the novice some positive feedback - if he can hit the tip of the arrow, he will make the shot.

With time at the table, hopefully he will look at the other visuals while he is aimng at the tip of the arrow like where the edge of the CB aligns/shadows the OB; or how the contact point on the OB is aligned with the contact point on the CB; or how the distance from the contact point on the OB to it's center is double where the line to the tip of the arrow is. Using these and other visuals, he can remove the arrow from the table and make the shot with these visual alignments to hit the contact point with the CB and make the shot.

If one doesn't have the arrow, he can place a ball with its contact point touching the OB contact point to simulate the GB.

Thanks.

Be well.

PGHteacher

John Fischer
Silver Member
If someone finds worth in XXX system, great, if not, so what? XXX system still lives on for those that will find worth in it..

Just another gimmick.

How well does it do when you got to send the CB two rail to hit a object ball.

How come all example of these system are nothing but cut shots?

Some of my most recent wins was because I could send the CB one or two rails in order to hit my OB because someone played a safe on me.

So me how to use it on this rail first shot. The arrow can be placed at the OB to give you a real world aim point. Put the CB contact patch where the point of the arrow is, the OB will go in, if the arrow was placed properly. There is no better training aid than the arrow.

Make up your mind.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is it so hard to accept the fact that some people will not accept XXX aiming system? I thinks it because of ego.

Ego in that one can not accept the reality that XXX aiming system is not a cure all for everyone.

I use GB and believe in training with Babe Cranfield's Arrow. I have accepted the fact that this is not for everyone. I've accepted the fact that there are those that will always search for the magic bullet, that will support the system of the week, the product of the week. These type of people are everywhere in life and so it is the same in pool.

Just accept that there are people with their own opinions and that is all they are opinions. This trying to convert people over to XXX aiming system shows how insecure they are in the worth of XXX aiming system or maybe more how worried about how sales maybe be affected.

If someone finds worth in XXX system, great, if not, so what? XXX system still lives on for those that will find worth in it. It is better to spend your type with people who find worth in XXX system than to keep trying to convert those who do not find the same level of worth as some. That's life.
Good post, Duckie.

You're absolutely correct that some posters here go overboard trying to convert skeptics over to CTE aiming systems.

Last edited:

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
don't you agree?
Not really.

I was expecting a lengthy dissertation (more than one sentence) from you on why you're right and everyone else is wrong. :) In my recent aiming thread, 75/379=20% of the postings came from you. There's no question that some posters here go overboard with their zealotry in trying to convert skeptics over to CTE aiming systems.

Duckie's OP is right on target.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
There are Zealots on both sides of the fence.

IMHO of course.

Not really.

I was expecting a lengthy dissertation (more than one sentence) from you on why you're right and everyone else is wrong. :) In my recent aiming thread, 75/379=20% of the postings came from you. There's no question that some posters here go overboard with their zealotry in trying to convert skeptics over to CTE aiming systems.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Are those people supposed to be communists?

Btw I don't teach CTE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Last I looked we are not in a communist society.

Of course things can change in four years.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are those people supposed to be communists?

Btw I don't teach CTE.

Some may be commies by taking from those that are rich with knowledge and doling it out for free here on AZ Main Category.:rolleyes:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some may be commies by taking from those that are rich with knowledge and doling it out for free here on AZ Main Category.:rolleyes:

"But-but-but LAMas, isn't that in the spirit of communism -- 'from each, according to his or her ability; to each, according to his or her need'?"

:p
-Sean <-- notices that his train is not the one he thought he was on; will have to get off at the next stop and transfer...

champ2107

Banned
Some even make money selling their wares.:rolleyes:

get a job and buy the dvd, already!
shame.gif

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Some even make money selling their wares.:rolleyes:

Hopefully folks are successfull in their respective businesses. It's better for everyone when business is good.

It appears to me that there is an element here on AZB who believes if someone is selling something, they must automatically be dis-ingenous. As tho the mere fact that they are a salesperson makes that person untrustworthy, and unworthy of having an opinion.

As someone who sells things for a living, I tend to take attitudes like that a bit personally. If not for people selling stuff, business and the economy, and our way of living, would come to a crashing halt.

Now if you believe that someone is selling something in an unethical manner, perhaps you might have a point. But the mere fact that someone is selling something, in and of itself, doesn't automatically discredit that person. Dont forget, Dr. Dave sells VEPS.... Buddy Hall sells an instructional series, as do many pro's, etc, etc, yada yada yada.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I apologize for the multiple posts tapatalk went haywire on me.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hopefully folks are successfull in their respective businesses. It's better for everyone when business is good.

It appears to me that there is an element here on AZB who believes if someone is selling something, they must automatically be dis-ingenous. As tho the mere fact that they are a salesperson makes that person untrustworthy, and unworthy of having an opinion.

As someone who sells things for a living, I tend to take attitudes like that a bit personally. If not for people selling stuff, business and the economy, and our way of living, would come to a crashing halt.

Now if you believe that someone is selling something in an unethical manner, perhaps you might have a point. But the mere fact that someone is selling something, in and of itself, doesn't automatically discredit that person. Dont forget, Dr. Dave sells VEPS.... Buddy Hall sells an instructional series, as do many pro's, etc, etc, yada yada yada.

Bruce:

Disclaimer: I was at one time a pre-sales systems engineer for a large computer hardware manufacturer. I do know about waterfalls meetings, sales projections, etc. -- had to eat/sleep/breathe that stuff for several years. Hated it, but it had nothing to do with the topic of sales itself -- it just wasn't for me.

We all know that a capitalist economy (like ours) depends on the success of sales. It's just inherent in how the economy works (hence the word, economy). Many of the purists seem to forget that, and I myself are sometimes forgetful of the fact that these folks are just trying to make a living.

However, there is a time and place for everything, as well as proper tact. Discussion forums -- especially ones with published rules prohibiting hawking products, or with dedicated subforums specifically for that kind of activity away from the Main forum -- are not the time or place for this stuff. Yet, we have people continually breaking the rules in this regard.

Some of us are sensitive to it. I admit, I light into Geno a lot, but trust me, it's carefully measured against the rules that Geno breaks. I come here to engage in honest to goodness pool discussion and knowledge transfer; not to have someone continually vying for my eyeballs to hawk their products. We can all say, "well, if you don't like a particular post, simply ignore it." Yup, that kind of tact is exactly what did-in the Usenet groups -- e.g. rec.sport.billiards. NOBODY goes there anymore, because it's a spam wasteland.

Everything is done best in MODERATION, with respect to the rules. You don't see Dr. Dave hawking his products in every post he makes. Granted, he *is* glazing your face with "resource pages" from his [free] website in every post, which is salesmanship in its own way (which you've seen me light him up about in the past), but he's not trying to get into your wallet at every turn.

That word, moderation, is one which I wish more people would become familiar with. Not everything is black and white, nor are we forced to choose from only the far ends of the spectrum.

-Sean

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Are asking a rhetorical question?
There are all kinds of posters here, so some may fit your description and some that don't.
I myself work for a living designing/making things to sell to feed my family.
I respect those that do the same.

Roadie

Banned
Not really.

Would you please link to any place where I said I was right and everyone else is wrong. You seem obsessed with number of posts and length of threads. Why is that? Does this data have any bearing on the content of the posts and the topic of the thread? Were any of my posts not related to the topic of the thread?

I believe I actually said in that thread that the point is not to convince skeptics but instead to present the side of the people with experience and let the readers decide. Do you have a problem with that?

Also if you fully agree with Duckie then I guess we have seen the last of you in CTE threads. I don't think we have but you both could end up practicing what you preach and surprising us all. People can change.

Last edited: