A WOODEN OVERCOAT for BB

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
''''''''''''''''''If pool was half as seedy and populated with shady characters as the media wants to portray then Barry Behrman would be wearing a wooden overcoat somewhere in the depths of Chesapeake Bay.
But it isn't and he survives and continues to 'take the piss' out of the pool community.
Having seen his latest performances where he went into' trust me, I am a promoter' mode, he should be taking a screen test for a major studio to make a new version of
The Despicables.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
To the best of my knowledge Pro, wood floats. Unless you guys do something different in the UK.

We tend to use a mixture of Portland, fine sand and a wee bit of gravel.

Or cindercrete blocks and chains work also.

See, you have to counter act the natural buoyancy of a human body.

It has to be done with an item that is known for not being able to float.

Just teasin ya Buddy, I get your Drift, and so does a Wooden Over Coat, if you put it in at Ebb Tide.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
To the best of my knowledge Pro, wood floats. Unless you guys do something different in the UK.

We tend to use a mixture of Portland, fine sand and a wee bit of gravel.

Or cindercrete blocks and chains work also.

See, you have to counter act the natural buoyancy of a human body.

It has to be done with an item that is known for not being able to float.

Just teasin ya Buddy, I get your Drift, and so does a Wooden Over Coat, if you put it in at Ebb Tide.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know where to hide the bodies of the ones that piss me off.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
''''''''''''''''''If pool was half as seedy and populated with shady characters as the media wants to portray then Barry Behrman would be wearing a wooden overcoat somewhere in the depths of Chesapeake Bay.
But it isn't and he survives and continues to 'take the piss' out of the pool community.
Having seen his latest performances where he went into' trust me, I am a promoter' mode, he should be taking a screen test for a major studio to make a new version of
The Despicables.

''''''''''''''''''If pool was half as seedy and populated with shady characters as the media wants to portray

There is a media that actually covers pool ?I get most of my info here .

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to hear it is Barry that is getting that coat, not I.

I was just thinking about how much I dislike cold weather and whether I am gonna ride my bicycles for the next 5 months.

Wooden jacket would have been quite a hinderance.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The Despicables.
I think you mean a lead overcoat because wood floats.

Pool does have those characters in it but unless Barry owes them money he doesn't need to fear them.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know where to hide the bodies of the ones that piss me off.

LMAO. I haven't heard that one for years. Johnnyt

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Apparently, your IPhone has an App that can help you with that.

Just ask it, Where can I hide a body. If I remember, it Google Mapped the location of our local landfill.

I think you mean a lead overcoat because wood floats.

A wooden over coat is a reference to a casket.

Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Blue Hog ridr;4934103 A wooden over coat is a reference to a casket.[/QUOTE said:
awww, i'm so proud of you for decifering his English humour & translating into Canadian!

now down here, we don't worry about the bodies. that's why we have 300 acre farms.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Despicables.

I am mad at the situation, too. In fact, I am ashamed to be an American pool enthusiast, as I feel we are the laughing stock of the international pool world, thanks to the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship continual delayed or lack of payment; Bonus Ball, even though its genesis is Canadian; and the International Pool Tour going belly up after promises of effecting a change for the better.

With that said, I don't want to see any harm come to Barry Behrman. Though he has failed miserably in some areas, I think somewhere deep down inside of him, he really does have a strong passion for pool. I believe he lives life in the fast lane, which prevents him from recognizing that he has a problem with substance abuse. I feel bad not only for the professional pool players who made the trek to Virginia, only to be told to wait for payment, but I also feel bad for Barry Behrman. He needs help. An intervention of bodily harm isn't the kind of help he needs. It may be a terminal illness resulting in a hospital stay, getting arrested and going to prison, or dying from an overdose that ends Barry's problems. I hope that is not the case, though.

He has made a lot foes over the years due to his flippant attitude about people wanting to get paid. If anything, I think the WPA should step in and work for that sanctioning fee that they were paid. Where the heck are they? Why do we need WPA sanctioning if they just sit back and stuff their fat beaks in China and Qatar, traveling the globe? It's about time they earned that 10 percent, don't you think? If anything, they should never sanction the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship again, if they just sit back and do nothing this year. That will eliminate our international bretheren of plays coming to this event, and it may kill the tournament as a whole. The only reasons the Euros come here is for those stupid, assine, no-good, stinking WPA ranking points.

As far as Barry, I think we all know he reads this forum. I still consider him a friend, but I am ashamed of what he has done to American pool in the eyes of the world. And if it was me or mine that got stiffed, you can be sure I would follow it up legally, no matter what the cost. It is the principle of the matter. That's how it should be handled, not bodily harm. It's nothing personal; it's business.

Barry, prayers are coming your way.

Last edited:

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am mad at the situation, too.
With that said, I don't want to see any harm come to Barry Behrman He needs help. An intervention of bodily harm isn't the kind of help he needs.
I AM IN NO WAY ADVOCATING DOING HARM TO A FELLOW HUMAN BEING OVER SUCH A TRIVIAL THING LIKE A POOL TOURNAMENT. I WAS MERELY POINTING OUT THAT THE IMAGE OF POOL (ALLEGEDLY) SPAWNS CHARACTERS WHO WOULD TAKE A DIRECT APPROACH TO CLAIMING MONIES WON

He has made a lot foes over the years so I think the WPA should step in and work for that sanctioning fee that they were paid. Where the heck are they? Why do we need WPA sanctioning if they just sit back and stuff their fat beaks in China and Qatar, traveling the globe? It's about time they earned that 10 percent, don't you think? If anything, they should never sanction the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship again, if they just sit back and do nothing this year. That will eliminate our international brethren of players coming to this event, and it may kill the tournament as a whole. The only reasons the Euros come here is for those stupid, assine, no-good, stinking WPA ranking points.
I am a committed supporter of the WPA but I agree that they should take a more hands on approach. Whether it will conjure up the missing money is another matter.
But their track record in recovering money from the multiple financially challenged events is good with the exception of Behrman Family events. There are a number of players who are still awaiting money from years ago from them.
The WPA are desperately trying to help US events to be part of the world circuit and at times even bending the rules to accommodate them.
The US Open has been sanctioned before on the promise of certain finance. This attracted international players. When money was reduced below the agreed threshold it was not fair to these players who entered in good faith to have ranking points denied because the tournament should have been downgraded.
So Jen, cut the WPA some slack.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Barry seems to throw his heart over the fence

I am mad at the situation, too. In fact, I am ashamed to be an American pool enthusiast, as I feel we are the laughing stock of the international pool world, thanks to the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship continual delayed or lack of payment; Bonus Ball, even though its genesis is Canadian; and the International Pool Tour going belly up after promises of effecting a change for the better.

With that said, I don't want to see any harm come to Barry Behrman. Though he has failed miserably in some areas, I think somewhere deep down inside of him, he really does have a strong passion for pool. I believe he lives life in the fast lane, which prevents him from recognizing that he has a problem with substance abuse. I feel bad not only for the professional pool players who made the trek to Virginia, only to be told to wait for payment, but I also feel bad for Barry Behrman. He needs help. An intervention of bodily harm isn't the kind of help he needs. It may be a terminal illness resulting in a hospital stay, getting arrested and going to prison, or dying from an overdose that ends Barry's problems. I hope that is not the case, though.

He has made a lot foes over the years due to his flippant attitude about people wanting to get paid. If anything, I think the WPA should step in and work for that sanctioning fee that they were paid. Where the heck are they? Why do we need WPA sanctioning if they just sit back and stuff their fat beaks in China and Qatar, traveling the globe? It's about time they earned that 10 percent, don't you think? If anything, they should never sanction the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship again, if they just sit back and do nothing this year. That will eliminate our international bretheren of plays coming to this event, and it may kill the tournament as a whole. The only reasons the Euros come here is for those stupid, assine, no-good, stinking WPA ranking points.

As far as Barry, I think we all know he reads this forum. I still consider him a friend, but I am ashamed of what he has done to American pool in the eyes of the world. And if it was me or mine that got stiffed, you can be sure I would follow it up legally, no matter what the cost. It is the principle of the matter. That's how it should be handled, not bodily harm. It's nothing personal; it's business.

Barry, prayers are coming your way.

Barry does seem to throw his heart over the fence every year and hope the horse and rider will follow!

I can't see Barry as evil, most people would have given up on the US Open a long time ago. Instead he takes another shot at providing a big payday and a meaningful title every year. I would think it is time to back it down to maybe $25,000 added for a few years to see if he can hang on until cash starts to flow again but the event just as it is seems to be where his heart is at.

Hard to get mad at somebody with big dreams that I suspect thinks he will find a way to make them come true every year. I might be mad if I really expected to get paid in a timely manner, I think most players are just resigned to the slow pay. As someone that isn't owed money I'm just kinda sad about the whole situation.

One day we won't have Barry to kick around anymore. I'd bet the Open is gone not more than three years afterwards.

Hu
(Not saying you are kicking him around, talking about the general board bashing he receives yearly. I wasn't around last year, seemingly the one time it didn't happen!)