Last edited:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Disgraceful? lol

Yes Disgraceful, let me help you:

Disgraceful, adjective:
shockingly unacceptable.
synonyms: shameful, shocking, scandalous, deplorable, despicable, contemptible, beyond contempt, beyond the pale, dishonorable, discreditable, reprehensible, base, mean, low, blameworthy, unworthy, ignoble, shabby, inglorious, outrageous, abominable, atrocious, appalling, dreadful, terrible, disgusting, shameless, vile, odious, monstrous, heinous, iniquitous, unspeakable, loathsome, sordid, nefarious; archaicscurvy

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Disgraceful, adjective:
shockingly unacceptable.
synonyms: shameful, shocking, scandalous, deplorable, despicable, contemptible, beyond contempt, beyond the pale, dishonorable, discreditable, reprehensible, base, mean, low, blameworthy, unworthy, ignoble, shabby, inglorious, outrageous, abominable, atrocious, appalling, dreadful, terrible, disgusting, shameless, vile, odious, monstrous, heinous, iniquitous, unspeakable, loathsome, sordid, nefarious; archaicscurvy

They were just trying to get Earl in the mood....for...????:eek:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I didn't see it but I suspect (based on history) they were booing Earl. He's had some of his most undiplomatic meltdowns in the UK.

RonnieOSullivan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't hear the boos. There was one guy who yelled "Get in the hole" as Shane broke, although it wouldn't have disturbed him- I thought it was funny as long as it didn't happen again; unfortunately, a couple other things were said throughout the match that were a bit disrespectful, just nothing overly ridiculous.

I think it's not as bad as some are stating, but if it gets any worse, it could be a problem. English crowds know very well how to wind Earl up; they've done it before.

CanonShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Booooed? We have been a laughing joke in the world ever since the new presidency took over in 2008....

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl gets Applause in Mountbatten!

Russia gets applause as they enter. USA is booed.

Disgraceful.

You really didn't think that Earl Strickland was going to get applause in England, did you? Lol That would probably deserve a headline in both the Sports Illustrated and The Mirror Sports sections.

I am sure that there is no deep political meaning behind the boo's.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Russia gets applause as they enter. USA is booed.

Disgraceful.

it's what they do.

if you've ever spent time w/ those British arses, it'd be apparent. they "love" Earl. and he puts a$$es, in seats.

we (the US) are not Matchroom's target audience, as exemplified by the $7 cost to track lack of viewership.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Booooed? We have been a laughing joke in the world ever since the new presidency took over in 2008....

Yes, we had an absolutely stellar president prior to 2008. Those were the good old days. Stock market at 6000, gas at $4.50, unemployment at 12%, how we all long for those days.

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl's break is too weak. He is getting too many illegal breaks and doesn't seem to make any balls on the break. I hope they win but with Earl's break, they will have a tough road to the finals.

Al

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Disgraceful, adjective:
shockingly unacceptable.

You were not impressed then.
After Michaela had three of the biggest offenders removed I moved in to the midst of them. But what I noticed that Earl would spend time glaring at the silent group to a point were almost forced to react. So it is not always one way traffic

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You were not impressed then.
After Michaela had three of the biggest offenders removed I moved in to the midst of them. But what I noticed that Earl would spend time glaring at the silent group to a point were almost forced to react. So it is not always one way traffic

Did Earl necessarily know that the offenders had been removed since he was
busy trying to play through the rudeness ?

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
Earl's break is too weak. He is getting too many illegal breaks and doesn't seem to make any balls on the break. I hope they win but with Earl's break, they will have a tough road to the finals.

Al

Yeah....what Al said. Looks to me, from viewing all the matches, the illegal break is proving to be a very formidable opponent for all the teams.