Tascarella BRW Merry Widow Hoppe 60"

asiasdad

Banned
Cue mister, just a cue mister, no drill and fill, no
dead animal wrap, just a cue mister.

The best kind of sexy is when they don't need make up.

I guess the best compliment I could give is:

I'd own that one ;)

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
Tascarella BRW Merry Widow Hoppe 60"

Thanks everyone. I just put about four hours on the cue. Three guys came up and asked what I was playing with. I wanted a simple, "sleeper" type cue but the way all the ivory comes together and the way the stitch rings match wrap, there is nothing "sleeper" about this cue. Everything is very clean and symmetrical. All the components really tie into each other and it looks great.

I'm 5'11" and have played with 60" cues before but have never owned one. After only four hours of playing with this cue, I will say, I will never go back to a 58" cue. With the 30/30 split, the balance is perfect. The extra two inches helps with longer shots and I love how my hand is actually holding the wrap all the time and not curling around the bottom of the cue.

This is the first time owning a cue with the ivory sleeve threaded over the brazilian rosewood like this. The feedback is amazing. The cue has a nice, stiff, crisp hit with minimal deflection. Everything about is components (the ivory ferrules, the old growth shafts, the ivory over rosewood, the old brazilian rosewood), makes for a very, very nice hit.

When striking whitey certain ways, the cue has that sweet ping to it. The cue literally sings a song when striking the cue ball, which is a sound I thought was only possible with stainless jointed cues.

The Pete's really knocked it out of the park with this one and I am very proud to own such a fine playing instrument. Hopefully it's not raining tomorrow so I can get some pics outside. The brazilian rosewood looks really dark in my pool hall photos above but is has some great grain to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runout1961

Silver Member
Just weighed the shafts. They are 4.25oz each.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lately i have been buying a lot of merry widow cues

thisone is very attractive to me

the wood looks ebony but i think it is something else

runout1961

Silver Member
Thanks guys for the comments. I put another six hours on the cue today. The forearm and butt are Brazilian rosewood. The crappy pool hall pics I had to take makes it look like ebony but it's not, it's a great old piece of Brazilian rosewood ;)

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. I just put about four hours on the cue. Three guys came up and asked what I was playing with. I wanted a simple, "sleeper" type cue but the way all the ivory comes together and the way the stitch rings match wrap, there is nothing "sleeper" about this cue. Everything is very clean and symmetrical. All the components really tie into each other and it looks great.

I'm 5'11" and have played with 60" cues before but have never owned one. After only four hours of playing with this cue, I will say, I will never go back to a 58" cue. With the 30/30 split, the balance is perfect. The extra two inches helps with longer shots and I love how my hand is actually holding the wrap all the time and not curling around the bottom of the cue.

This is the first time owning a cue with the ivory sleeve threaded over the brazilian rosewood like this. The feedback is amazing. The cue has a nice, stiff, crisp hit with minimal deflection. Everything about is components (the ivory ferrules, the old growth shafts, the ivory over rosewood, the old brazilian rosewood), makes for a very, very nice hit.

When striking whitey certain ways, the cue has that sweet ping to it. The cue literally sings a song when striking the cue ball, which is a sound I thought was only possible with stainless jointed cues.

The Pete's really knocked it out of the park with this one and I am very proud to own such a fine playing instrument. Hopefully it's not raining tomorrow so I can get some pics outside. The brazilian rosewood looks really dark in my pool hall photos above but is has some great grain to it.

Funny you mention, never going back to a 58" cue again, all of my customs are 60". I'm a bigger guy 6' 4" and always thought I needed a longer cue and had them made accordingly, wasn't till a month or so back I had to borrow a buddy's cue (58") and it felt so much better. As it turns out I was about to order a Titlist conversion from my maker and I told him about my experience with the 58", he suggested I play with a 57 1/2"' after seeing my stroke. I will be getting the 57 1/2" Titlist end of May and it's very likely that I'll never go back to a 60" again.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish you had better and more pictures.....this cue deserves it.

My suggestion is to take the cue outside.

Very nice cue, I would LOVE to hit some balls with it. (that is probably the best compliment anyone could give any cue) :thumbup:

Ken

runout1961

Silver Member
Thanks guys. And Ken, yeah I tried outside. The glare on the brand new finish was just too much. I tried all kinds of different angles, shadow etc. but just couldn't get it. All I have is my iPhone camera so I tried but they weren't worth posting. I will say though that in the sunlight, the Brazilian really pops. Love it. And the way the Ivory is sleeved over the Brazilian provides for a crisp, ping type hit. I love it. Put about 15 hours on it since picking it up Saturday. Can't get enough.