Corey tries again

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey Deuel resumes his quest for a Pro Snooker Tour card at 10am GMT tomorrow.

He will have to produce something special because his first round opponent JASON WESTON is one of the most experienced competitors in the Q School lineup.

He has already spent 10 season on the professional circuit only pulling out through illness. He is not at his peak but probably has enough ringcraft to frustrate Corey.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Certainly wish Corey good luck, but my logic says that Corey doesn't do anything as well as Alex Pagulayan, so if Alex wasn't good enough to qualify, it seems unlikely that Corey will. That said, it will be a great story if Corey beats the odds.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Here's to Corey, I wish him well in his quest.

He's a great player, and I find myself really pulling for him in this endeavor, however, I can clearly see how uphill the battle is.

Go get'em! Start with Weston.

Will Prout

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Corey will make the grade when he wants it enough. He has all elements necessary to win.
Say whatever you want about Corey, then challenge him at ANY Pool game.

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
nobody-beats-vitas-17-times.jpg

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Does "ANY pool game" include Snooker qualification rounds?

Had you been following Corey's career as long as I, you might just
view his capabilities and overall talent in less of a Snobbish manner.
Are you ready to challenge him at any game of pool ?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think just about everyone knows Cory's pool talent ,, as great as that is he's light yrs away from getting a card and keeping it

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nobody is taking anything away from Corey's abilities as a pool player, but pool ain't snooker, and Corey has zero chance at the latter.

It doesn't mean he shouldn't try. There is always something to be gained when taking on the impossible.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Any chance Corey's goal is really Chinese 8 Ball instead of professional snooker? Lots of similarities. Perhaps he feels Asian 8 ball is where all the moneys going to be in the near future. He sure is a student of the game. If he happens to qualify at Q School, all the better!

Lyn

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any chance Corey's goal is really Chinese 8 Ball instead of professional snooker? Lots of similarities. Perhaps he feels Asian 8 ball is where all the moneys going to be in the near future. He sure is a student of the game. If he happens to qualify at Q School, all the better!

Lyn

The money is not even close and won't be anytime soon ,, however he's got a better chance there of cashing than he will ever have in snooker

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
The money is not even close and won't be anytime soon ,, however he's got a better chance there of cashing than he will ever have in snooker

That's forsure, high calibre snooker is just a different animal. You hear Ronny Swanson the banger and mash lover preach this in his own special way but in reality there's no American that can compete at the highest level at that game.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
That's forsure, high calibre snooker is just a different animal. You hear Ronny Swanson the banger and mash lover preach this in his own special way but in reality there's no American that can compete at the highest level at that game.

Ever wonder why there are no British baseball stars in the major leagues? Perhaps it's because they are brought up on other sports. Perhaps that is why there are no American Snooker stars. Seems reasonable to me.

Lyn

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Ever wonder why there are no British baseball stars in the major leagues? Perhaps it's because they are brought up on other sports. Perhaps that is why there are no American Snooker stars. Seems reasonable to me.

Lyn

Oh I'm with you 100%. It's rather annoying hearing some jag offs playing the same broken record as if snooker translates into top calibre 9 ball, one pocket etc but it's hard to deny that specific talent that comes from the UK. Baseball, basketball, football hockey etc the list goes on and on is a whole different story... just giving respect where respect is due, after all this is a pool forum. I hear ya though...

Last edited: