Finished centennial rails

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Man, those look great!

Looking great!!! Wish I could be installing that beauty! I will get a Centennial to restore of my own one day! I have been very close! I have one to restore in Cincy for a gentleman, but, it aint mine!

Your work is ridiculously good! Thanks for the inspiration!

Trent from Toledo:)

realkingcobra

Silver Member

BEST finish I've ever seen on ANY set of rail Mark, and what a job it is to do that, which is why I'm not even thinking about refinishing any rails....not even in my dreams:grin: Great work Mark, you're the only one I know of that'll take rails to this level of refinishing:grin:

Glen

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Mark,

The best finish I've ever seen! I know you went through a new process on this set, it looks like you've perfected it now. I'm very impressed with the color as well as the finish coats.

I'll be sending you more than just rail rebuilds and liner work, maybe refinishing also. Really nice work.

Jay

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Incredible job Mark!!! Did you have to replace or repair the wood too or was it in good condition? The wood looks perfect in this pic. I wish my GC looked like that.

Incredible job Mark!!! Did you have to replace or repair the wood too or was it in good condition? The wood looks perfect in this pic. I wish my GC looked like that.

I do a complete job on all my rails...this 5x10 was a snooker table.
Everything in front of the finish was all replaced.....table took about 4 months to complete.
Thanks for the complements on my work....but I have some more tables for sale....but I have to get through the 4 tables I'm finishing now.
I have a 5x10 centennial.....5x10 anniversary....9' centennials...and over size 4x8 centennial all waiting for a new home.
Call me if someone want and awesome looking and awesome playing antique Brunswick.

770-548-4292
Mark Gregory

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I do a complete job on all my rails...this 5x10 was a snooker table.
Everything in front of the finish was all replaced.....table took about 4 months to complete.
Thanks for the complements on my work....but I have some more tables for sale....but I have to get through the 4 tables I'm finishing now.
I have a 5x10 centennial.....5x10 anniversary....9' centennials...and over size 4x8 centennial all waiting for a new home.
Call me if someone want and awesome looking and awesome playing antique Brunswick.

770-548-4292
Mark Gregory

Anything for a friend for a fee....lol Mark is the man!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 483

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

3-7/8ths!!! Only reason to miss a shot is because the reflection off the rail finish was blinding!

Awesome work.

Rob.M

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Absolutely incredible work, Mark. Such talent.

"Talent" I have to say, doing work at this level has nothing to do with talent. WHAT it REALLY takes is trial and error, failure. ...start over, failure. ..start over again...keep doing that...until you start getting some kind of idea as to what you're doing, what went wrong...and start over again. Years later, you start getting the idea of what you're doing, paying for your mistakes along the way. I think a better word to describe what Mark does, is that he has acquired SKILLS that have been bought and paid for a 100 times over, which is what really sets him apart from eveyone else.:thumbup:

"Talent" I have to say, doing work at this level has nothing to do with talent. WHAT it REALLY takes is trial and error, failure. ...start over, failure. ..start over again...keep doing that...until you start getting some kind of idea as to what you're doing, what went wrong...and start over again. Years later, you start getting the idea of what you're doing, paying for your mistakes along the way. I think a better word to describe what Mark does, is that he has acquired SKILLS that have been bought and paid for a 100 times over, which is what really sets him apart from eveyone else.:thumbup:

You said a mouth full....and understand what it takes to get to where I'm at....everyone thinks it's all about EGO....boy if they only had a clue what I've gone through....and how much money it has cost to learn.

The mechanics on this site think I should show them how to do rails....how to do this....answer that.....and talk shit and get mad cause I don't.....but remember and think back....did I ask them for advice?
Did I learn from them.....no...I spent every quarter I had to learn...and learn...and when I had no more money because of so many mistakes.....no one came to the rescue to give me money for more mistakes.

I'm not doing perfect work on everything.....and surely not the first time....it may take 3 or 4 times to just finish the rails the way I like......I lose money every time it redo them.....but that's how I am.
Everyone wants to have someone say....oh yeah...send the rails to so and so....he did mine and there great.....to them it's about the price....to me it's about the best playing rails anyone can offer......now maybe you don't need your rails to play correctly....or your fine with your rails as long as the balls don't hope.....I've been doing rails a long time....Glen and I stared discussing rail specs for hours and days on end.....all the others doing work on here we're trying to learn how to recover tables the right way.

Now you have everyone offering rail work....and all the answers to how rails play and need repaired.....that's why we get in to it on this site.
I'm not looking to make enemies with the mechanics on this forum......but I'm not here to hold your hands either.

Glen and I argue all the time over dumb shit.....but he knows how hard it is always spending money to find better ways.....Glen all but kills himself trying better ways to fix tables.

This is not about me or the high price I charge to repair tables....it's about taking the time to do what every it takes to make your table play as if it were my table in my house.
People don't mind spending money...if they know they're going to get it right the first time....and not have to have it done again in a few months cause it's wrong.

I enjoy making tables play great.....not just getting the table done and get my money.
I guess maybe I'm tired of hearing people say...it's all about EGO with me...I do great work cause I take whatever time it takes to make a great playing table......all in all.....I give you more than what you ask for....or try to.

I post to tell the truth about rail work....and to let people know that if you get one of my tables.....your going to get the best job I can offer....not just take your money.

Sorry....I truly don't understand sugarcoat...LMAO

Mark Gregory

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You said a mouth full....and understand what it takes to get to where I'm at....everyone thinks it's all about EGO....boy if they only had a clue what I've gone through....and how much money it has cost to learn.

The mechanics on this site think I should show them how to do rails....how to do this....answer that.....and talk shit and get mad cause I don't.....but remember and think back....did I ask them for advice?
Did I learn from them.....no...I spent every quarter I had to learn...and learn...and when I had no more money because of so many mistakes.....no one came to the rescue to give me money for more mistakes.

I'm not doing perfect work on everything.....and surely not the first time....it may take 3 or 4 times to just finish the rails the way I like......I lose money every time it redo them.....but that's how I am.
Everyone wants to have someone say....oh yeah...send the rails to so and so....he did mine and there great.....to them it's about the price....to me it's about the best playing rails anyone can offer......now maybe you don't need your rails to play correctly....or your fine with your rails as long as the balls don't hope.....I've been doing rails a long time....Glen and I stared discussing rail specs for hours and days on end.....all the others doing work on here we're trying to learn how to recover tables the right way.

Now you have everyone offering rail work....and all the answers to how rails play and need repaired.....that's why we get in to it on this site.
I'm not looking to make enemies with the mechanics on this forum......but I'm not here to hold your hands either.

Glen and I argue all the time over dumb shit.....but he knows how hard it is always spending money to find better ways.....Glen all but kills himself trying better ways to fix tables.

This is not about me or the high price I charge to repair tables....it's about taking the time to do what every it takes to make your table play as if it were my table in my house.
People don't mind spending money...if they know they're going to get it right the first time....and not have to have it done again in a few months cause it's wrong.

I enjoy making tables play great.....not just getting the table done and get my money.
I guess maybe I'm tired of hearing people say...it's all about EGO with me...I do great work cause I take whatever time it takes to make a great playing table......all in all.....I give you more than what you ask for....or try to.

I post to tell the truth about rail work....and to let people know that if you get one of my tables.....your going to get the best job I can offer....not just take your money.

Sorry....I truly don't understand sugarcoat...LMAO

Mark Gregory

Very well explained Mark. I get that a lot with the stuff I do. Everyone asks how I learned to do what I do. When I tell them I learned by making a lot of mistakes and by trial and error they think I am joking. It also irritates me when the competition asks me how to do something, instead of being lazy and looking for the easy way they should figure it out on their own, there is a lot to be learned from making mistakes, the least of that is you wont be making that same mistake again. I completely understand your position.