2018 Inside Pool TV Cuemakers Contest

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Below is a press release about our upcoming cuemakers contest.

Inside Pool Cuemakers contest 1-17-18

PRESS RELEASE 1/17/2018:

Announcing the InsidePool.TV ICA CueMakers Contest Sanctioned by the International Cue Makers Association. This Live TV Show format has several exciting features that will explore and broadcast the artistic and technical elements of the cue business throughout the year with the Live TV Show Finale in the fall of 2018 where the judges and public fans will vote for their favorite cues. Watch as the story develops on www.insidepool.tv and the Billiard Channel.
Here is a link to the first promo video:

https://vimeo.com/256065326

1: First Category (Traditional Points Masters) Cues with Traditional points that are V-Groove, full splices, or other points that look similar.
2: Second Category (Butterfly Points Masters) Cues with the rounded points that are often called butterflies.
The butterfly and traditional point cues can have additional inlay work or no inlay work.
3: Third Category (Artistic Inlays Masters) Inlaid cues without traditional points that have extensive inlay work.
4: The ICA leadership will decide which category the cues belong into. Each cuemaker can enter up to one cue into each category. (No decal cues allowed)
5: Quality film of the cues will be filmed at the Super Billiards Expo in April 2018 and at other live Inside Pool TV events. The cuemakers retain ownership of their cues. Inside Pool TV retains all rights to the film of the cues or cuemakers interviews.
6: Everyone submitting a cue to be filmed must be a member of the International Cuemakers Association.
7: Entering a cue in the contest does not entitle the cuemaker to any royalties or ownership in the final televised or DVD production.
8: The exposure that the ICA and members get is all we expect to get in return for submitting cues for the contest.
9: Inside pool will establish the rules for voting on the cues at a later date and voting will probably be done mostly by participants in their other live events. Some judging may be done by a panel of judges on the show also.
10: Cues will be filmed without any logos shown in order to allow the cue to stand on it’s own merits and not brand name. The brand name of the top three cues from each category will be revealed to the public in the final episodes.

If you want to enter a cue bring it to the ICA booth at the expo on Saturday afternoon.. This should generate a lot of exposure for cuemaking and our association.

God Bless and Happy Cue Building!
Chris Hightower

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We just filmed the introduction video. It is going out to be edited and got ready for TV. When it is finished I will post a link to it.
If you want to have any cues filmed at the Expo I need to know ahead of time. If you are not a ICA member you cannot enter a cue so I encourage you to join the ICA now if you want to participate. If you are a member and cannot come in person you can send a cue with anyone to get filmed if you let me know who is bringing it ahead of time.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Insidepool

Alvin is back!? I’ll assume so.
Looking forward to great content.

Oh’ great contest.

Rob.M

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Alvin is back!? I’ll assume so.
Looking forward to great content.

Oh’ great contest.

Rob.M
Yes Alvin is going to do most of the voice over in the final production. He has a great voice.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Any AZ members who are not ICA members can join as a lifetime member for a 20% discount. If you join now you qualify to play in the upcoming Cuemakers tournament and present a cue for the contest at the Expo.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those who are bringing cues and those who want to join the ICA for the 20% discount I would like to know ahead of time if possible. I look forward to seeing you guys in Oaks this week.