Improve Your Play To Pro Level Without Aiming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't get all the rabble rousing here lately. We've been talking about all kinds of good stuff from spots, and double the distance, and shish-kabab, to ghost ball, to PSRs, and some cool things about conscious and unconscious aiming.

There seems to only be one faction that has a problem with all that.

Lou Figueroa
now who
could dat be?

Right. Who could dat be?

Refresh my memory. Were you involved in the shiskabob discussions? How do you like the system and what did it do for your game?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
In fact, IMO there shouldn't be any restrictions on this forum other than profanity, threats, Fast Larry type mania and the like. The tag line for this forum is "argue to your heart's content" but they don't really mean that.

Yes, you're right about the tag line which was put in place when the aiming forum was first started.

But more recently there was an "amendment" that OVERRIDES the original tag line which is this:

Bashing other aiming systems - 06-28-2017, 04:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

Seems pretty apparent there's one particular aiming system that still gets brought into posts and gets bashing little by little from the same individuals. They can be slight little barbs but they're there to start a fracas and grow larger.

Maybe a separate thread should be started with a running updated list of those statements or seemingly "innocent questions" under the guise of learning but are really subterfuge for bashing and do it by date and author. We'll see who is/are the primary perpetrators.

What do you think? That's OK, don't answer. I'm going to do it anyway.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
ya but, I find that to a certain extent I have to be very conscious of some of the stuff I'm do to get into shooting position. If I do it all right, then it can be good or even very good, depending upon the day.

We don't have a time limitation on what we're doing shooting pool shots (generally speaking), so taking an extra two to three seconds to compose our bloody and mechanics is what I've found best.

Lou Figueroa

Ok. So when you feel like you're "in the zone" and can't do anything wrong, you are still following the same precise PSR, which helps reinforce the subconscious process of recalling pertinent data.

Although dead stroke isn't as common as we'd like it to be, having a good PSR and a solid set of skills and fundamentals makes us good, and sometimes very good. And sometimes, when we happen to be playing in the moment and not overthinking all the what ifs or harping on what's already happened, we end up in dead stroke.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I find that to a certain extent I have to be very conscious of some of the stuff I'm do to get into shooting position. If I do it all right, then it can be good or even very good, depending upon the day.

We don't have a time limitation on what we're doing shooting pool shots (generally speaking), so taking an extra two to three seconds to compose our bloody and mechanics is what I've found best.

Lou Figueroa
I finally (after all these years) know precisely enough where my body parts need to be that getting into my stance can actually help induce the "trance state" we know as the zone - at least on those days I have the patience, motivation and energy to do it precisely. A good milestone.

pj
chgo

JC

Coos Cues
no idea how it works. I confess, I AIM!

I've used many different methods over the years with success. If a system or method didn't appeal to me visually or work well at the table, I abandoned it after about 30 minutes or less. Sometimes much less but I tried them all.

I think AZ might need a NON-AIMING FORUM to go along with the AIMING FORUM because there are a good number or guys who live in the aiming forum that don't believe aiming is important. They also knock aiming systems and those who use them even though most pro players use an aiming system of some sort and can explain it.

There's no subject or aspect of the game that causes so many flame wars and hatred as aiming. It makes no sense that NON-AIMERS bother coming into the AIMING FORUM. It's like atheists seeking out Christianity forums to post about the stupidity of religion and God.

Why? That doesn't make any sense either.

To test the waters for how well a NON-AIMING SUB FORUM would do here, this thread is for ALL THE NON-AIMERS.

HOW DO YOU POCKET BALLS WITHOUT AIMING? I really want to know.

What is your process to make the CB impact the OB at just the right place to send it from 0 - 90 degrees accurately into a pocket repeatedly without missing?

You don't know how? You can't explain it? Cat suddenly got your tongue?

Well educated professionals with great writing and language skills who can post thousands of articulate posts about why an aiming system doesn't work or is a bunch of bull should very easily string some paragraphs together regarding how to make balls and run racks without aiming.

PLEASE, NO ATTACKS. Just explain the no aiming method to making balls for non-aimers. Like I stated at the top, I DON'T KNOW HOW because I AIM!
How is not aiming BETTER than aiming?

Who wants to be first out of all the NON-AIMERS?

Please no attacking as you show up loaded for bear.

This thread is a joke.

Just like the aiming system Illuminati.

JC

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Please no attacking as you show up loaded for bear.

There's no attacking at all. Are you a new moderator appointed by Admin. or just self-appointed.

This thread is a joke.

I guess you don't spend enough time in NPR to see what real joke threads are about. Or maybe you do and are a part of it. Upon review, you are a part of it. A very opinionated sharp tongue antagonist.

Just like the aiming system Illuminati.

JC

Hey, hey. That's attacking and shows your entire post is loaded for bear. Typical self-righteous hypocrisy. You do know your other choice is to stay out completely when something doesn't suit your taste, don't you?

Last edited:
Reactions: JC
Status
Not open for further replies.