Best Jump/Break Cue Combo by Custom Cue Maker

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I checked out Treadway cues and think they look good and have an interesting design. I will do more research on those.

Some people have said they prefer having dedicated jump and break cues. Can anyone provide names of cue makers that make those cues individually.

It doesn't appear that Gilbert or Treadway make break cues and jump cues separately and only in the combo form. Any ideas on some custom makers that make separate cues for each??

For dedicate jump cues by custom makers, I have a Hanshew and a Curtis Robertson. The short jump for the Robertson is the best I’ve used (I have six or ten jump cues). The Robertson needs a better long jump extension to compete with the Hanshew in the longer jump shots.

For dedicated breakers, I don’t know what custom makers build them. Tough to beat the BKRush for a dedicated breaker.

JFCastle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have some feedback or experience with Jacoby dedicated jump cues?
There is an AZ member selling them and would like some opinions before I consider buying it.
How do they perform?
I guess it is not a custom made cue but still curious.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone have some feedback or experience with Jacoby dedicated jump cues?
There is an AZ member selling them and would like some opinions before I consider buying it.
How do they perform?
I guess it is not a custom made cue but still curious.

I’ve never shot with one or even held one. But I guarantee it’s the best break cue to someone. And I don’t mean that as a joke. They’ve done their study, and they know what will work for people.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wasn't Jayson Shaw recently using some type of hybrid break cue that allows for jump shots without breaking it down?

JFCastle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I think I have it narrowed down to either a Gilbert or Treadway jump/break cue combo cue.

Any last comments or feedback and experience with these twp jump break cues please let me know.

cshots

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A newer to the market j/b is the Thumper cue. Has a purple heart shaft and can kill the break (this is coming from a bk rush owner). Jumping full cue isn't a problem with this cue either. Thumper cue of Facebook will give a little more info.

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got the breaker and jump cue I had Steve Lomax make me and i couldn’t be happier. That being said my league teammate has a Tony Layne diamondwood jump/break and that’s the best jump/break I’ve ever hit if you’re looking for one cue to do the job. I was always of the opinion that if you get a combo cue it’s not going to be as good at one or the other but that diamondwood is a different breed. Breaks like a champ and it’s insane how easy it jumps. Have to say I still prefer my Lomax. Not sure if it was the tip or the cue but the Layne jumper puts a lot of unintended spin on the cue ball that made in hard to control.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I think I have it narrowed down to either a Gilbert or Treadway jump/break cue combo cue.

Any last comments or feedback and experience with these twp jump break cues please let me know.

Here something to think about:

Andy Gilbert's very first sales guy, a good player that pushed Andy's cues for him when Andy first started building j/b's has more than one of Gilbert's jump/breaks as well as Gilbert's playing cues but guess what his goto jump/break is now?

That's right, a Brent Romine j/B. Breaks and jumps a little better. Sometimes a little difference can be huge win or loss. And like I said for less money since Brent is more or less an unknown compared to most all cue makers.

Even the greatest cue makers that ever lived was unknown at some point.

Either way, Gilbert's, Treadway or Romine is a great choice.

Have a good one,

Rake

Last edited:

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Here something to think about:

Andy Gilbert's very first sales guy, a good player that pushed Andy's cues for him when Andy first started building j/b's has more than one of Gilbert's jump/breaks as well as Gilbert's playing cues but guess what his goto jump/break is now?

That's right, a Brent Romine j/B. Breaks and jumps a little better. Sometimes a little difference can be huge win or loss. And like I said for less money since Brent is more or less an unknown compared to most all cue makers.

Even the greatest cue makers that ever lived was unknown at some point.

Either way, Gilbert's, Treadway or Romine is a great choice.

Have a good one,

Rake

Do you have Romine's contact information? I'm in the market for a good jump/break cue myself. I'd also like to support a fellow statesman if I can.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have Romine's contact information? I'm in the market for a good jump/break cue myself. I'd also like to support a fellow statesman if I can.

He has a daytime job, makes cues, does cue repaire etc.... so he does not have much time to be online.

I will speak to him again tomorrow. I don't like giving anyone's info without their consent.

I know it sounds like I have a financial tie to Brent Romine Cues but, I don't. He just happens to make breaks and jump breaks that rival top tier cue makers even though he has been at it just a short time compared to most all high end makers.

Rake