Dale Perry Sp is Worth?

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I have a Dale Perry Sneaky Pete, It's in 98% with one Shaft. I need to Findout whats It's worth. It Is an Original Sp, It's a 1/12. This is a classic Dale of the day....
Please Help me with this, There might be Rep in it for ya....

Edit: I'm trying to update Records on all of my cues. I trying to find an exact price.
-Vinnie

Last edited:

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
$27.68, give or take a few bucks... depends on the level of turquoise. Not being one of his true "1 of 1" hurts a tad, but not much....

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Methodman201 said:
Hey everyone,
I have a Dale Perry Sneaky Pete, It's in 98% with one Shaft. I need to Findout whats It's worth. It Is an Original Sp, It's a 1/12. This is a classic Dale of the day....

-Vinnie[/QUOT

It will prolly bring between 125 and 175 on the BAY. Less here.....:cool:

eeng168

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
1pRoscoe said:
$27.68, give or take a few bucks... depends on the level of turquoise. Not being one of his true "1 of 1" hurts a tad, but not much....

Haahaaa....that's about right. :D

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Methodman201 said:
What? Even If It's One Of His Early Works? Nutz....

see what happened is , that his current works totally killed the market on his older cues, even though they were probably made much better back in the day.. and to tell you the truth.. the only person that anybody can blame is dale himself..

chris

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ChrisOnline said:
see what happened is , that his current works totally killed the market on his older cues, even though they were probably made much better back in the day.. and to tell you the truth.. the only person that anybody can blame is dale himself..

chris
Yea, I'm Friend of his. I really wish he Diden't start a lot of the things he has done. Most, if not all of his cues decreased in value. I know this due to the fact that I use to own six of his original Works. I diden't think it would be this bad.......... I still know guys who pay top doller for them.
-Vinnie
P.S: I never really knew how much I HATE CNC.

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
1pRoscoe said:

Well, if that includes shipping......

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rackforcash said:
Cnc didn't have anything to do with it,it's call making a living,spend more money on a cue and maybe the cue maker could stay alive,anyway you got a SP what did you think .............it would be worth 1000.00..... just a other dreamer...with a plain jane,hey it's a POOL CUE not a SAVING ACCOUNT.
Hello,
You must not of Understood My posts Correctly, I fully understand that He needs to make a living, Trust me, He's making a good one. CNC has allowed him to produce Cues Jimmy Quick, Thus Being able to flood the market. I'm Not saying He Floods the Market Byond Compare, Although He Holdes The Ability.

I Did Not Buy this hoping it Wold be worth $1000.00!!! This Cue Was Offered To me, People I know Often Offer Me cues, Because They Know I collect them. I collect Cues For their Beauty, No matter how Simple in Design.
The reason Why I made the Post in the first place was So I could Get the Exact Value On the Cue. I would not have posted if I could Get my blue Book. So Don't Try And Tell Me I'm A "Dreamer" And Don't Try And Tell Me
About Making A Living.
Don't Lecture Me,
Vincent

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
to say:

Methodman201 said:
"I collect Cues For there (their) Beauty"
and then say "I never really knew how much I HATE CNC."

those statements could lead many to conclude your not much of a collector, have a good knowledge of their (CNC) use nor who uses them.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
252   2   0
skins said:
to say:

those statements could lead many to conclude your not much of a collector, have a good knowledge of their (CNC) use nor who uses them.

Why do you never see or hear anyone complain about Full Splice cues or hand cut inlays?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Methodman201 said:
Hey everyone,

Edit: I'm trying to update Records on all of my cues. I trying to find an exact price.
-Vinnie

I had a couple of DP sneaky pete's. They were like most sneaky pete's, bar cue conversions but with the smaller uniloc quick release joint. I sold them for $250 - $300 each a few years ago. I liked the cues, but didn't see any reason to hold onto them long term.

Chris

wjpjr

modulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
In my opinion Perry cues are not a collectable item.
As a players cue there very nice and the price is right .
Just hope there's no issues down the road with the cue .
They are pretty much an as is purchase.
Resale value is basicly none .
Bill

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
hangemhigh said:
Why do you never see or hear anyone complain about Full Splice cues or hand cut inlays?

name the makers that don't use a milling machine to do their inlay work or use no machines at all to create their product?

Last edited:

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
252   2   0
TATE said:
I had a couple of DP sneaky pete's. They were like most sneaky pete's, bar cue conversions but with the smaller uniloc quick release joint. I sold them for $250 - $300 each a few years ago. I liked the cues, but didn't see any reason to hold onto them long term.

Chris

Chris,Did you know what Joe was doing?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
hangemhigh said:
Chris,Did you know what Joe was doing?

No, I took it hook, line, and sinker. I was just glad the stuff was found by someone who knows what it is.

Chris

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
to answer my own question, NONE. every maker uses the same type machines. what too many "cue uneducated" people don't understand is that CNC is NOT a machine. it's a language protocol to control motor driven machines. it's used to manipulate the same milling, cutting, planing....ect machines that all makers use with the exception that electronic motors are installed that are "told" what to do through the language from a computer. they can be controlled in a more precise and accurate way, preventing many of the errors from controlling them by moving a stylus, crank, handle ect.. by hand. they also make it possible to create work that could not be done otherwise. there is nothing wrong with doing things using older methods just as there's nothing wrong with using newer.